Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Monkey Man-which version is better?
Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: June 8, 2006 12:17

To be quite frank, Jagger's voice are much better today than during the 75/76 tour. And as far as I remember, Gimme Shelter was not played until the Steel Wheels tour where many songs sounded "lame". They played some strong versions on the Voodoo Lounge, especially the mentioned and infamous version from Paradisio 1995. Listen to Keef and Ronnie's guitarwork, I don't know about any better example for the ancient form of weaving. It's so slow, but at the same time so powerful. It's much more difficult to play with great energy when playing a slow song. ANyway, during the BTB tour Gimme SHelter stayed regular in the set - and it was a highlight of every show. I couldn't disagree more when some people say Gimme Shelter never worked after 1975.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: June 8, 2006 14:10

Let it Bleed version. Which means that I don't know of any satisfactory live version.

Posted by: Ernest Craven ()
Date: June 8, 2006 15:48

Gimme Shelter is only good without Lisa Fisher.. Monkey Man is only good without Lisa Fisher..

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1866
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home