Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

"Thanks god for Keiths accident" Jagger must have thought!
Posted by: bartfrombrussels ()
Date: June 6, 2006 02:45

Thanks to Keiths accident Manager Jagger of The Rolling Stones could cancel, 'postpone' and merge a lot of "every thing but sold out"-shows.
Just like he was (already in march) thankfull that Wembley isn't finished yet, so he could replace the two Wembley concerts (2* 90.000 people) without a problem to Twikinham (2* 45.000 people).

This is now on RS.com:

ROLLING STONES 2006 EUROPEAN TOUR UPDATE

The 2006 tour schedule has been redesigned to accommodate a lighter touring schedule due to Keith's injury and needed recovery time. Our primary concern is certainly for his well-being and that he is able to have a safe recovery. Not to worry, he and the gang are READY for the summer!

Join us on one of our following travel packages to select destinations along the Stones’ 2006 European tour route!

Yep, poor Keith. If needed Jagger would have pushed him out of the tree! It is to select destinations indeed!

I WANT MY MONEY BACK! Moneysuckingbastards!

Re: "Thanks god for Keiths accident" Jagger must have thought!
Posted by: Raoul Duke ()
Date: June 6, 2006 03:28

It's because of "fans" like you and your petulant comrades that I can't blame the Stones for giving the US market much greater importance than they give to Europe. Perhaps this is the treatment that cheap, fair-weather fans deserve.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-06-06 03:30 by Raoul Duke.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 6, 2006 04:40

So the entire accident was staged, so that the Stones could restructure their tour? The ultimate conspiracy theory, right up there with Brian's murder and the aliens buried in New Mexico.

Posted by: Raoul Duke ()
Date: June 6, 2006 04:43

Maybe we should see if Oliver Stone is willing to make a movie about it.

Posted by: hi1 ()
Date: June 6, 2006 09:46

I guess people see evil everywhere

Posted by: country honk ()
Date: June 6, 2006 10:02

As far as I know, the first Wembley consert was sold out....

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: June 6, 2006 10:09

bartfrombrussels Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just like he was (already in march) thankfull that Wembley isn't finished yet, so he could replace the two Wembley concerts (2* 90.000 people) without a problem to Twikinham (2* 45.000 people).

The new Wembley Stadium would never have had the capacity of more than 75,000 people for a seated concert. Twickenham holds 55,000. All tickets initially made available for sale at Wembley (55,000) sold out.

Posted by: madmaxx ()
Date: June 6, 2006 10:15

They undersold Wembley on purpose,they knew that Twickenham was waiting in the wings as they had also booked it & applied for a Music licence just incase.

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: June 6, 2006 10:26

A conspiracy! Exactly.

That's what I said but they wouldn't have it:
[iorr.org]

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: June 6, 2006 11:00

Nobody said anything about a conspiracy just that Mick likes to perform when its sold out.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2185
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home