Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: The Stones are about to ruin their fanbase here in Europe
Date: June 3, 2006 19:02

Would someone please explain or give an example of what statement he should have made?It seems to me like he covered everything except for the club shows that their people mentioned in the pre-tour press conference.

Posted by: ron091 ()
Date: June 3, 2006 19:11

Keith's statement in the press release didn't come from his lips. You can be 95 % sure it was crafted by a PR guru thinking a smart comment like that in the 'Keith vein' would suffice for everyone.

Look, the tour is what it is. Live with it. Go or not. The world doesn't revolve around the Stones.

We are all small cogs. I'm going to 3 shows (if Paris gives me a ticket back). I'll live with it.

Date: June 3, 2006 19:15

They must have worked together with him on the statement but,I don't see any big problem with it.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: June 3, 2006 19:20

Raoul Duke Wrote:
Agreed. But these guys have been beating this dead horse for over a month now - thread after thread

I hear ya Raoul, I actually was fed up with the whole thing about a week or so ago, I stopped checking in so much. I think others feel the same, that's why there's so many "This is Boring" threads.

But I didn't lose any money either so easy for me to say.

Posted by: Raoul Duke ()
Date: June 3, 2006 19:23

Theif in the Night Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Would someone please explain or give an example of
> what statement he should have made?It seems to me
> like he covered everything except for the club
> shows that their people mentioned in the pre-tour
> press conference.

I think they would want something like this:

"Dear TooTough, TooDepressed, and TooObsessed,

Please accept my deepest and most heartfelt apologies. I know that my irresponsible behavior has caused irreparable harm to your financial well-being as well as your psyche. I am the worst. I also know there is nothing I can say or do to ease the gut-wrenching pain you must be feeling right now, but please rest assured that this experience has taught me an invaluable lesson. From now on, I will no longer drink, smoke, climb trees, or do anything that may cause you to waste another $400. I even went to church and confessed the unspeakable sins I have committed against you. You may not be able to forgive me for the time being, but I wanted you to know that I am now redeemed - born again. Should you be so gracious as to continue supporting our band, I promise never to hurt you again.

Completely yours,

Keith."

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: June 3, 2006 19:25

erikjjf Wrote:
> TooTough Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Er, playing them?
>
> All venues aren't available in September.

You know it´s not true.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 3, 2006 19:25

I guess those in the States have already pissed and moaned (with some good reason) when they saw the top ticket prices, way above those of the tour before.

They may well go back there in the fall because they are booked there. They had to postpone and change some shows because of Keith's accident. As others have said, the statement is typical of what Keith would say to anything. (Good to be anywhere.)

That said, the fact that people are disappointed, saddened, or upset that they have to wait to see the Stones is not going to go away in the near future. People have expressed their choices--go to other shows, if possible, wait for the postponed dates to see what happens, or don't go at all, either giving up on the band, or still enjoying their music.

Maybe what is really scary is thinking that they will not tour again, ever, after 2006, tentatively into 2007?

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: June 3, 2006 19:26

I know that there are football games booked at Ullevi in Gothenburg on September 6th and 10th.

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: June 3, 2006 19:30

They are never gonna ruin my fanship.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: June 3, 2006 19:34

If the fanbase eroded it is in Germany and Netherlands. No Security : 48 shows - audience : 2.5 ( with D + Nl, 1.3 ), 40 Licks : 47 shows - audience : 1.7 ( with D + Nl, 0.6 ), ABB up to now : 21 shows - audience : 1.0 ( with D + Nl, .35 ). We have thus to consider that those 2 countries were an exception in those days.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: June 3, 2006 19:34

here's the Ramones road to ruin
nearly all dead now
[tralfaz-archives.com]

Posted by: mofur ()
Date: June 3, 2006 19:47

I joined this board not so long ago thinking that it would be a great way to connect and exchange views with fellow Stones - fans.......only I didn't know/realize that Stones fans must be the worst moaners in the world? I've had to @#$%&' reschedule my vacation and plans......and I'm not even sure if I can the day off.....but you worship a man because he's dared to tread where noone else is treading...and suddenly he's the culprit just because he's lived up to his image? His wellbeing is a little more concerning to me than whether I have to change my plans....

..hope I won't be late for my funeral only to hear the moaners go - not again!

Posted by: glimmer twin 81 ()
Date: June 3, 2006 19:49

the stones are a european band because they are europeans but if for sure they have to satisfy the primary market usa
its just a lot of money there and they would be idiots if they wouldnt play a lot of shows there
i mean they arent robbiel williams lol

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: June 3, 2006 20:07

erikjjf Wrote:
> I know that there are football games booked at
> Ullevi in Gothenburg on September 6th and 10th.

Well, what about in between the gaps in July/August
or from Sept.12 onwards? If the Stones would WANT,
there would be a way.

Just 1 of my 5 shows is postponed to "maybe next year",
so I´m not in the need to moan. But I do, because there
are 300.000+ who are not datisfied and maybe don´t want
or can´t speak out on this board because of all the same
10 setlist/ticket prices/Tzhe Stones can do ANYTHING -
people on this board screaming anyone else down.

Posted by: Montrealsuperfan ()
Date: June 3, 2006 20:16

I don't understand what you guys are complaining about. Europe will get 21 stadium shows that's at least a million tickets, most of them within a reasonable flight distance. Anyone who wants to go, can go. Also based on the comments on this board, the tickets will be cheaper in Europe than in the US and Canada.

Contrast that with Canada and the US where there are far fewer tickets available for each show and the distances are much further. If you exclude the show I saw in Montreal (hometown), I had to fly 6000 miles round trip to see two other shows (Denver and Las Vegas). Trust me plane fares and hotels aren't cheap these days.

It seems to me that Europe is getting a better deal.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: June 3, 2006 20:30

i live in the US and saw a lot of shows on this tour already and had some amazing experiences - however, i'd rather see them in europe and i'd rather they do the european market some justice before they come back here - they've been through my town (chicago) twice already - the average fan/consumer/friend here is sick of them! they should suck it up and play some general admission arenas in europe if its a matter of weather. i know they can't sell as many tickets but so f'ing what? bercy in '03 was great - my only european arena show.

Posted by: salar ()
Date: June 3, 2006 20:32

bv Wrote:
> Playing the shows where, when and how? Football
> season and colder weather start in September,
> making it impossible to do outdoor shows (if the
> venue is booked). Also they have already booked
> venues in North America, touring there late
> September and on, so they can't really play those
> shows. But the good news are they will be back
> next summer hopefully with a great extra European
> Tour 2007.
>
> Bjornulf

Ah...come on Bjornulf..you must know it better...playing stadiums in europe till late september is normal business...and having contracts in the US means nothing, I mean did they sell a single ticket for the so called booked US autums tour yet...no, but they have sold 300.000 tix to people who have to wait another year from now on...and who knows if there will be any Stones in 2007 at all...you can say whateever you want...playing US gigs in september and leaving half europe unplayd is a scandal indeed !!!
Thats the point, man.
I am pissed...and reading all your posts makes me even more pissed...

Cuonsemwhere on the tour

salar

Posted by: nick ()
Date: June 3, 2006 20:35

Montrealsuperfan Wrote:
> I don't understand what you guys are complaining
> about. Europe will get 21 stadium shows that's at
> least a million tickets, most of them within a
> reasonable flight distance. Anyone who wants to
> go, can go. Also based on the comments on this
> board, the tickets will be cheaper in Europe than
> in the US and Canada.
>
> Contrast that with Canada and the US where there
> are far fewer tickets available for each show and
> the distances are much further. If you exclude the
> show I saw in Montreal (hometown), I had to fly
> 6000 miles round trip to see two other shows
> (Denver and Las Vegas). Trust me plane fares and
> hotels aren't cheap these days.
>
>
> It seems to me that Europe is getting a better
> deal.

Whoa wait a second here...first of all you are complaining. If you had to travel 6000 miles roundtrip, then thats your fault considering there were other shows in Canada, 1 in Albany, 4 shows in Boston, 6 in the NYC area, and tons of other shows that were a hell of a lot closer to you than Denver and LV. Also you made mention of Stadium shows and the 3 that you were at were all indoors.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: June 3, 2006 20:45

bv Wrote:
--- Football season and colder weather start in September,
> making it impossible to do outdoor shows -------
> Bjornulf

Its mainly yourself that has stated this over and over.
Please give me statistics on this!
I have studied climate history for several years now;
and I can not soign under than first half of September
would have been colder than late August during the last
twenty years for any place in Scaniavia (perhaps
with the exception of extreme mountain terrain or in Norternmost Lapland).
There is a responsibility in doing these statements
over and over.
For my own sake I'm as glad to see them next year;
I'm sure it will be even better - as I had expressed
above, I'm not with the complainers.
But I'm not with the blind defenders either;
why most everything here be black or white?

Posted by: headly123 ()
Date: June 3, 2006 21:00

Actually I wish they would stay in Europe. I have had just about enough of these guys just coming back to the states to grab more money . It is tasteless and not even close to being amusing. I wish all the band members the best of health. But go take Europes money for a few years. That is if you haven't made enough already. But if they do decide to come back how about a simple stage with low production costs amd reasonable ticket prices. I for one don't need a 6 story stage that I can't even see the band on without a giant TV screen.

Date: June 3, 2006 21:21

The reason that it is doubtful they will postpone the U.S. shows the venues are reserved for is because it would be a disaster.They have to find open dates in arenas that are used by both basketball and hockey teams (not to mention other concerts and events) and/or stadiums used by football and baseball teams that may or may not be in the post season playoffs (As of right now,that rules out all 30 major league baseball stadiums in the country for the month of October because it is still possible that any of the teams would be using their stadium for a playoff series.)They need to have a solid logistical plan.They can't just say "Oh,we'll put it off until whenever".At some point,most of us will be happy that there probably will be 2007 Stones shows to look foward to.

Posted by: Raoul Duke ()
Date: June 3, 2006 21:24

As far as I am concerned, they can go wherever they damn well please. I am just thankful they are still out there doing this. I am not flush with cash either, but as long as they're on tour I will do my utmost to see them as often as I possibly can. I don't give a rat's ass about setlists, ticket prices, their supposed Americocentrism, or the venue-envy of our oft-petulant European friends. I'm just happy to know them hard at work and on the road again.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-06-03 21:26 by Raoul Duke.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: June 3, 2006 21:35

bv Wrote:
>..... But the good news are they will be back
> next summer hopefully with a great extra European
> Tour 2007.
>
> Bjornulf

Charlie back to music, then Keith back too , 2006 Tour & "extra & great" 2007 Tour. Why are we complaining. ?

Posted by: CowgirlInTheSand ()
Date: June 3, 2006 21:45

Exactly...why is anyone complaining. Although, I do understand the extreme frustation felt by those that lost money due to nonrefundable travel arrangements, money is a very sensitive issue for a lot of people, especially those that get by from paycheck to paycheck. Taking a bite in the ass due to poorly timed news releases or none at all has got to be maddening. God bless everyone for their patience. Keith didn't mean to hurt himself and I honestly believe he feels badly for the whole thing. Keith is a fan's musician. He understands the importance of the fan and I believe he regrets what happened.

Extra Europe tour in 2007 is going to be phenomenal. Long live Keith and the Rolling Stones.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: June 3, 2006 21:49

Hell yeah! I long for the 07 tour!

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: June 3, 2006 22:01

What annoys me is that it once again had to be Keith who was chosen to be the one responsible for the re-arrangement of the overenthusiastically planned European tour.

Somewhere during the Japanese tour it was obvious that things didn't go well regarding ticket sales in Germany and eastern Europe, and it was decided that Keith would be the one getting an unfortunate accident by the end of the New Zealand tour. This would give the appropriate alibi for setting the tourscheme at a more realistical level marketwise.

I think they could heve picked someone else for a change. The scenario they came up with gives people the impression Keith is irresponsible by nature.

Poor Keith.

Date: June 3, 2006 22:15

Seems to be having problems with his balance over the last decade but,at least he is not a miserable old guy who sits on his ass and complains that other people are still performing.

Posted by: glimmer twin 81 ()
Date: June 3, 2006 22:27

thats pretty stupid limbostone

Posted by: mofur ()
Date: June 3, 2006 22:50

Ya' gotta larf!! ;-)

Posted by: Montrealsuperfan ()
Date: June 3, 2006 22:51

nick Wrote:
> Montrealsuperfan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I don't understand what you guys are
> complaining
> > about. Europe will get 21 stadium shows
> that's at
> > least a million tickets, most of them within
> a
> > reasonable flight distance. Anyone who wants
> to
> > go, can go. Also based on the comments on
> this
> > board, the tickets will be cheaper in Europe
> than
> > in the US and Canada.
> >
> > Contrast that with Canada and the US where
> there
> > are far fewer tickets available for each show
> and
> > the distances are much further. If you
> exclude the
> > show I saw in Montreal (hometown), I had to
> fly
> > 6000 miles round trip to see two other shows
> > (Denver and Las Vegas). Trust me plane fares
> and
> > hotels aren't cheap these days.
> >
> >
> > It seems to me that Europe is getting a
> better
> > deal.
>
> Whoa wait a second here...first of all you are
> complaining. If you had to travel 6000 miles
> roundtrip, then thats your fault considering there
> were other shows in Canada, 1 in Albany, 4 shows
> in Boston, 6 in the NYC area, and tons of other
> shows that were a hell of a lot closer to you than
> Denver and LV. Also you made mention of Stadium
> shows and the 3 that you were at were all indoors.

Fact of the matter is that I work for a living. Have to fit the gigs around my work schedule , so sometimes that means a long flight.

If I did it the other way around I couldn't afford the shows!

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2366
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home