Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Q To Italian Friends
Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: June 6, 2006 07:36

I dig the band Twilight Singers with Gregg Dulli very much, right? Now he has been producing and working with these Italian cats called After Hours. I just this minute got back from seeing them in concert. They were f*cking awesome! Can you guys tell me anyhting about them? Frontman's name is Manuel. I met him and the Bassplayer.

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Re: Q To Italian Friends
Posted by: mauro ()
Date: June 6, 2006 11:48

very good! Manuel Agnelli is one of our best voices...

go to

[www.afterhours.it]

ciao
Mauro

Date: June 6, 2006 11:58

FINALLY!!! Thanks Mauro. I tell you, I got to the show late. And didn't go in for a while because I had come only to see the Twilights. I thought the openers were all boring local bands. So I go in and this band is all voer the place with two guys at the piano, another up front playing the hell out of some huge Bass Clarinet, saluting everyone. Then the Bassist runs out inot the audience to dance with some local chicks. All the while they are singing in Italina. I thought "Well this is pretty cool. This band found out how to sing a song in Italian." Then the next clsing number was an incredible noice piece with the whole band rocking. The lub is INCREDIBLY LOUD! And they were singing in Italina again. The singer inroduces his band and it's all "Giorgio" this and "Giacomo" that. So now I knew they were Italians. Just a very good band.
Later on with the Twilights who are awesome Manuel was playing keyboards. he was obvously the newest memebr. Gregg Dulli who never minces words at one point while singign a ballad type song, where Manuel started cutting too loose on Synth, improvising too much. Stepping on the vox. And Dulli goes "keyman quit f*cking around, or I'll kick your ass back to f*cking Italy where you come from" LOL

Posted by: mauro ()
Date: June 6, 2006 12:59

nice story!
Manuel is also the promoter of Tora Tora festival in Italy, a big kermesse with the best of italian "underground" monement

[www.mescal.it]#

I think Afterhours actually are the best rock group in Italy, i wish they will play more outside Italy, so people could understand that Italy is not only Ramazzotty (bleeh) Pausini (urgh) etc
:-))
sorry for my bad english...

ciao!

Date: June 6, 2006 13:53

Well, Mauro, it seems like their meeting with Dulli is good for both parties. Because they are touring the USA now. The Bassist told me that thye are trying to hit outside Italy now. I think they will do well. IMO they should keep singing in Italian. That is one of the cool things that sets them apart. People dig it in USA. In some of the college markets, the college radio sations they are on heavy rotation.
I heard abou that festival you mention. Sounds cool.
It's weird: I saw the singer and he struck me as a little short heavy dynamo. But not right away as a mover and shaker. Then he came out and played the whole next set with the Twilghts on keys. On the afterhours link you sent me there are bunch of photos of the band and they all look so different. especially the ear;ier sraged photos.
Do you know if there are two brothers in the band? There are two: the other guitarrist and the other keyman/flautist who look identical.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2272
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home