Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Is the tour start in Nürnberg realistic???
Posted by: Strike ()
Date: May 24, 2006 17:02

If it`s so why not buying some FOS tix to see it. But I´m really not sure the show will happen. What your opinion???? Would you buy tix right now????

It`s better to burn out than just to fade away....

http://www.feelinggood24.de/page-rauchstop.html';]

[/url]

Re: Is the tour start in Nürnberg realistic???
Posted by: T&A ()
Date: May 24, 2006 17:05

I find it interesting that they are specific about the postponement of 15 shows but won't confirm Nuremberg is the opener, which could be easily deduced. So, it makes me wonder whether "something else" is up.....

Posted by: roby ()
Date: May 24, 2006 17:08

No in my opinion. Continue to push back the expiry, that's all

Posted by: KingBee ()
Date: May 24, 2006 17:10

I just bought 4 FOS for Nuremburg to keep a few friend stisfied (both RS AND GNR fans!) , that was before the coconut affair.
Guess, when Nuremberg will be postponed too, then GNR might be out of it, what do you think?
Hey, this is not my main concern, just wondering.

Posted by: frankie ()
Date: May 24, 2006 17:11

They've done it before. in 98 they opened in nurnberg after keith's first fall.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: May 24, 2006 17:23

The 8 th is a possible date for the opening concert. But what venue? Barcelona again?

Posted by: KeithDaMan ()
Date: May 24, 2006 17:36

8th of July, Brussels ! Just thinking. Why? They are close to the stagebuilders, no worldcup in Belgium, room for practice.

just dreamin'...

Date: May 24, 2006 17:40

KeithDaMan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 8th of July, Brussels ! Just thinking. Why? They
> are close to the stagebuilders, no worldcup in
> Belgium, room for practice.
>
>
> just dreamin'...

Fine by me. Excellent proposal. U2 (irish boysband) opend their world tour in Brussels as well. And R.Williams as well

Posted by: Tekumseh ()
Date: May 24, 2006 17:53

The show I'm going to, Gothenburg is postponed, so now I won't take part of this guessing anymore.

We don't know anything about the other shows yet.

Now I have to call my Injurence company, to get some money back. Already paid for airplane tickets and hotel-room for two nights.
Happy I have good travel-injurences.

A bit bitter today, but guess I'm fine again when new dates come up.

The result of Keiths tree-climbing can be everything from Nürnberg as a starter, to that they do the whole tour next year. We don't know how good shape Keith is in.

Date: May 24, 2006 19:04

Are you insured in case the stones cancel concerts? Wow. I thought it would repay you all the costs in case you yourself are ill.

Posted by: kaskatanas ()
Date: May 24, 2006 19:12

No realistic

Brussels?? Why should open them in Brussels?? IF they want be fair, they should do in Barcelona

Date: May 24, 2006 19:13

I really have a good feeling the opening night will be july 8th somewhere in a cool city.

Date: May 24, 2006 19:14

Barcelona would be very cool. I'll be there on friday

Date: May 24, 2006 19:29

Hey, we are joking right. Me too.... But I really think Brussels is possible. It izzz a cool area, certainly Anwerp where I am from. All those boyzbands did start in Brussel for a reason didn't they? And it's the capital of Europe, in the center for wherever the Stones want to go afterwards. I think Brussels is a real possibility. I already went to some shows in the States and whatever you read on all these negative threads, it is NOT true. Stones are better sounding than ever! Better than 2002, more guitars, better then B2B.

So wherever they start, and the Stones will start, I'll be there.

Posted by: PiotrRSpl ()
Date: May 24, 2006 19:33

King Bauduin Stadium in Brussels is just like in Amsterdam ArenA. The sound there is not too good except FOS area where it is exellent. It doesn't make it the best venue to be opening night.

Date: May 24, 2006 19:43

I've seen the Stones more than once in the ArenA and Bruce in the Boudewijnstadium and it is certainly not the same. The Brussels venue is with roof open, not by far as much echo as Arena, maybe as much as any other like Stade De France but Arena, no. For Stones, always take FOS, it is the only place in any stadium that makes sense.

Date: May 24, 2006 19:49

okey, KeithDaMan, if you say so. That's only what I've heard about this stadium in Brussels. I've been to ArenA in Amsterdam and had exellent sound, but I was FOS and friends some distance behind me complained about echoes. I also heard U2 fans made petiition against their band playing places like ArenA and Boudewin in Brussels. And yes, FOS is of course a place to be smiling smiley

Posted by: jseb ()
Date: May 24, 2006 20:00

PiotrRSpl Wrote:
> King Bauduin Stadium in Brussels is just like in
> Amsterdam ArenA. The sound there is not too good
> except FOS area where it is exellent. It doesn't
> make it the best venue to be opening night.

yes, I saw U2 last year in king baudoin stadium, and it was really difficult to recognize the songs...
what a pity they do not play in werchter...

Brussels, ? , Stade Roi Baudouin

Posted by: beast of burgk ()
Date: May 24, 2006 21:03

Why not opening in Nuremberg? I think they would have slept in Munich anyway before and after this show. Munich is their favourite German town with great infrastructure. The 2003 kick-off in Munich was no mistake... They could do some rehearsals in Munich and begin in Nuremberg (maybe 200 km far away) - just like 1998.

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: May 24, 2006 21:10

I'm wondering if the Stones will add "Coconut Trees" to the stage set when
the tour starts back up?? Mick can run over to them to keep Keith away if the
Keiffer get's too close and get's "ideas"....

MLC

Posted by: AP ()
Date: May 24, 2006 23:23

Local promoter claims St.Peterburg could be the opener, they say about concert rescheduled to first half of July, details to follow.

Link (in Russian):

[www.kassir.ru]

Date: May 24, 2006 23:47

8th July is so far not official date of the opening night, officialy they told us it's going to be 'early July', while 8th July is the date rumoured in one of those articles and is not confirmed. But it may happen of coruse. Somehow, I just hope it's not going to be St. Petersburg. I have nothing against this city and i know they are supposed to play there for the first time, but from the other side...it's so far away and hard to get there, no cheap flights to that city I found so far (maybe from Berlin?), train takes more tha a ay to get there and you have to change trains which is problematic and driving a car to St.Petersburg? For Keith? For Stones? F***! Why not! But....it would take long time probably too...

Date: May 24, 2006 23:57

I seriously doubt that the tour would be called off or postponed past July 14th at the very latest.July 7-10 seems to be the most likely start date.

Posted by: TE ()
Date: May 25, 2006 00:11

Bet they will try to open the 8th, at a place (city) that is big enough or a favourite place. AND it should be on the road to where the stage is going the next time.

TE
Oslo

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: May 25, 2006 14:28

Are there someone who knows an official ticket agent on internet who accept to pickup purchased ticket at a boxoffice somewhere in Germany?
I found [www.topevents24.de] on search engine. Are they reliable?

I am living in Tokyo and was planning to go Paris show then go to Germeny to see World Cup.
Sadly as all you know, the shows between Barcelona to Zagreb was cancelled.

But I want to see Stones show even after the World Cup and Nurenberg show is still on SO FAR. And it looks like there are some available tickets on official link from RS.com. But this official agent always deliver tickets to buyer's address.
As I am going to depart Tokyo at the beginning of June, it may be impossible to receive in my address in Tokyo.
I think there are some official ticket seller in Germany(or Europe).
So I am looking for a seller who have boxoffice to pickup tickets sold on Internet.

I know also Nurenberg show may be postponed. But I will take its risk.
Even then, ticket will be refunded. It is enough.

Posted by: salar ()
Date: May 25, 2006 14:54

a bigger nut Wrote:
> Are there someone who knows an official ticket
> agent on internet who accept to pickup purchased
> ticket at a boxoffice somewhere in Germany?
> I found [www.topevents24.de] on search
> engine. Are they reliable?
>
> I am living in Tokyo and was planning to go Paris
> show then go to Germeny to see World Cup.
> Sadly as all you know, the shows between Barcelona
> to Zagreb was cancelled.
>
> But I want to see Stones show even after the World
> Cup and Nurenberg show is still on SO FAR. And it
> looks like there are some available tickets on
> official link from RS.com. But this official agent
> always deliver tickets to buyer's address.
> As I am going to depart Tokyo at the beginning of
> June, it may be impossible to receive in my
> address in Tokyo.
> I think there are some official ticket seller in
> Germany(or Europe).
> So I am looking for a seller who have boxoffice to
> pickup tickets sold on Internet.
>
> I know also Nurenberg show may be postponed. But I
> will take its risk.
> Even then, ticket will be refunded. It is enough.

Hey Stones fellow....don´T worry...just come to germany..enjoy the world cup...you will have many chances to buy Stones tickets for almost all german shows..you can get them by walking to several box offices as well as buying them on showday...the last 5 tours I was always able to buy tix for Stones gigs in germany...even if it was called 100 % sold out weeks before...and if you are cool enough, waiting till 1 or 2 hours before show beginns you can buy tix even lower than face value.
If you want tix for german shows...you will get them...just stay cool ..don`t panic...that`s all.
My guess is that the tour will beginn right after the world cup on July 10th in Nürnberg world cup stadium( where we have Guns & Roses as the supporter as well..)

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: May 25, 2006 15:04

Salar has a good point. You can get tickets to almost ANY concert by ANYONE if your nerves are cool enough to wait an hour or 2 before the show. I used to do that all the time back when I went to a lot of concerts.They get VIP returns last minute....

To answer the thread question. Forget it all, they're gonna just keep lying, why would they change now? This tour might happen or it might not. If Keith is ready to play you will hear the news SHOUTED from the Stones camp - just keep your windows open to hear them...

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: May 25, 2006 16:35

salar, MB. Thank you for your advice.

OK. I am going to wait around the venue then.
Before that we all have to wait release of new schdule though....

Anyway, I hope this summer in Germany will be my first Stones experience in Europe. (and also good result for our national team)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1126
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home