Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: When will tour start?
Posted by: Harlix ()
Date: May 21, 2006 17:28

Worried is just the first name i am now ! My pants are full of shit !!!!
@#$%& hell if he dosent get back on the road again :-(
Gothenburg is waiting !!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 21, 2006 17:44

I would not comment regarding people who make speculations on my integrity or dedication. It would be a waste of time.

I work for the fans not for the Stones. In my spare time. And because I am responsible I do not write or publish anything unless I know people will understand and be able to use it in a proper way.

IORR is read by more than half a million fans all over the world. If you want to understand what is going on then feel free to read the IORR NEWS. They are accurate and up to date. If nothing new is not there it is very simple. There IS NOT anything major new.

I understand many people are frustrated regarding travel plans, money, tickets, Keith's health and so on. Whenever there is valid information it will be available on IORR. Feel free to read my comments on IORR Tell me forward and reverse and between the lines as much as you like, but please do not expect me to take over the role as a spokesperson for the Stones. I do understand pretty much what is going on, but I am not in the position to cancel shows or tours. That is up to the Stones management. Right now they have cancelled a few shows, and they are soon getting to the point where they have to do some hard, real hard decitions. So give them time to do the right decitions. First of all for Keith. Secondly for the fans in general and not just for our private travel plans. The lack of information does not mean they don't care. It means they don't really know.

Bjornulf

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: May 21, 2006 18:03

"Right now they have cancelled a few shows, and they are soon getting to the point where they have to do some hard, real hard decisions"

Excuse me for reading the bible like the devil, but the above doesn´t really sound very optimistic? Are there more shows to be cancelled/postponed?

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: May 21, 2006 18:11

I have NO inside information. but, at this point I would be surprised if anything but a full tour cancellation is announced. I think reading all the "between the lines" information clearly points in that direction.

Posted by: LolA ()
Date: May 21, 2006 18:13

I read it like that as well.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: May 21, 2006 18:18

I don't think that it's cancellation of these particular European dates that worries folks. It's the fear that it may be the end...rather than "...sorry folks, but we'll come back in 2007 and do it "

That's the reason for all the grasping at straws and speculation. We just don't see this as a fitting end... and are willing it not to happen.

Posted by: OILY_DIPSTICK ()
Date: May 21, 2006 18:20

Fairy nuff.
Had I been the Gaffer I would have been far more diplomatic.
Being British I deplore the decline in modern standards of politeness and etiquette.

Over and out, and back down the hole, Oily.

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: May 21, 2006 18:24

yes, I am nervous too, but i think keith health is more important than to do concerts with K.R., who isnt able to give 100%.
Maybe Oberhausen 2003 was my last stones-concert, but maybe they can open the tour in germany after world cup on 10th of july.

Posted by: StratoGR ()
Date: May 21, 2006 18:26

If they cancel European tour,are they gonna come back later or that's it with Europe and Bigger bang tour?

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: May 21, 2006 18:54

Spud Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> That's the reason for all the grasping at straws and speculation. We just > don't see this as a fitting end ... and are willing it not to happen.

Yes, this is very true. And not only do "we" not see this as a fitting end, but one can't imagine that the Stones themselves see this as a fitting end - if God forbid something were to happen that would preclude them from ever playing again. But let us not think like that, lets just try and put our anxieties aside (I'm the first to admit I'm finding that VERY difficult to do), wish Keith all the best for a full recovery irrespective of how long it takes and what the consequences for this particular tour are. Get well Keith !

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: May 21, 2006 19:03

All that we actually know, or can reasonably conclude, is that Keith will most probably be pefectly fine.
He may not however be sufficiently recovered to fulfill some or all of the dates for the European tour.

Anything else is guessing [either doomsaying or wishful thinking, depending on your outlook].
We've done guessing! we're all guessed out ! got the T Shirt !

Best to wish Keith the speediest possible recovery and accept that what will be, will be.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 21, 2006 19:14

>> as long as the only information from rollingstones.com is "Keith Richards Continues To Improve" and
"Keith Richards Discharged From Hospital", I think it's a bit unprofessional when here's only 1 week to the planned tour start. <<

this sounds a little like you haven't taken on board that they have announced that the two may dates are off.
it's not a lot of information, but that much has been official since may 8th. (i'm not criticizing, just hoping everyone is aware of that.)

i too just want what's best for Keith; i too don't expect the Stones, Stones Inc, BV or anybody to have fortune-telling abilities;
nor do i imagine that - hard as this is for us - we are the main ones this is all terribly hard for.
(and i promise you don't want to know the extent of my now-uncertain summer plans.)
fortunately for my optimism, i started hanging out regularly on iorr just before the may 10th 05 press conference
and remember being firmly told that - well, never mind! :E BV does great, and is rightly careful with his information,
and all we can do keep generating well-wishes and support for Keith and for all the Stones. whatever happens next.

Keith, be well - all the way, baby, all the way

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-21 20:05 by with sssoul.

Posted by: triplelicks ()
Date: May 21, 2006 19:43

As posted on Shidoobee today regarding 03Jun Paris show -
[p081.ezboard.com]
(5/21/06 6:23 am)

"Another strong sign i guess.
Like most other stadium in the world, you can visit the stade de france.
Just check the calendar on their website. It's in french, but easy to understand [www.stadefrance.fr]

The green days are available for visits."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-21 19:44 by triplelicks.

Posted by: arizojp ()
Date: May 21, 2006 19:49

This is an article in the irish paper "Sunday Independent" today edition.
It's on page 16, a people chronicle by journalist Barry Egan.
It's relating a jam in a pub in Dublin last monday.
Bruxelles is the name of the pub (on Harry Street in Dublin) and not the belgian capital.
The last words are not very optimistic for the next weeks...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-21 19:50 by arizojp.

Posted by: TE ()
Date: May 21, 2006 19:54

So what we actually want is a daily statement from RS.com saying. No news - still sick. - ?
Get me wrong - I would love a daily statement as well, but as with any fan site they will not say anything like "no news, we are waiting".

THE doctor(s) will sooner or later tell Keith a date. Then the right person in the insurance company will get a date. Then the insurance company will get their doc's to check and double check.
THEN the Stones machine will start to work (and we will get the info at IORR and Shidoobee a day before RS.com).

TE
Oslo

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: May 21, 2006 19:59

Patience is a virtue - whether you are trying to recover from a real health scare (and who knows how serious it was, but also who wants their private life broadcast daily to the world) or waiting for the tour dates to be confirmed.

I have tickets for Paris, Bergen and Gotenborg - so getting close. But I prefer they make the decision at the last minute so that its the right one - too early and risky for Keith and maybe needs to be changed.

BV's posting sound like a later start - so lets repsect his integrity, and Keith's (and his family's) privacy. Rather start in July and then see the follow-on tour in 2008 than not at all....time waits for no-one.

Posted by: Wolter ()
Date: May 21, 2006 20:14

The Rolling Stones have to deal with the 70.000 people coming to see them every concert from next saturday on. The only thing they said so far is: the first dates are off and it will start somewhere in June.

I think it's unreasonable to stay that quiet. There are thousands and thousands of fans in Europe who bought tickets, arranged flights, booked hotels. They need some confirmation. I'm going to Barcelona and I haven't got an official RS.com email, saying, sorry the show is off. I think that sucks. Sorry.

How would the world react if they postpone the World Championsships in Germany and say, well... we are not sure but the first two games are off and we let you know the rest later and then say nothing the next two weeks, until it's almost the official start.

Posted by: PiotrRSpl ()
Date: May 21, 2006 20:27

well I understand some frustration here, it's getting really late and we are not getting any kind of update on tour news, while it is very close to it. But, it's not his hand broken, or some leg injury, when they could make an X-ray and told him: rehab will take up to 3 weeks and than you can go". It was head injury, there was head surgery and even if I'm not a doctor I have no doubts medicine & doctors cannot predict things, progress etc. on that thread so quickly. It might take some time. It's not clear situation, this is about ead & brain.

What are they supposed to say if they don't know?
It's not that Stones Inc. are some evil bastards, they for sure feel tour and fans pressure and as soon as they will get anyting to announce they are going to do this. I'm more than sure we get 'somethin' in upcoming week, because it's now really close to Barca date and they just have to announce postponed dates of Barca and Madrid.

It's more than sure it's Keit hwell being that really matters and not the shows & tour, but it no announcment is surely worrying.

It's nice to hear Ronnie jammed a blues, good for him, he had to enjoy himself! But last sentence scares me. I don't know how reliable this source can be (I mean not Woody, but the journalist who wrote it), but if it's true than well 3 weeks it's quite some time. I just hope Keith's gonna be well.

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: May 21, 2006 20:30

Wolter : I am sorry, your comparison with the World Championsships is not relevant from my point of view.

With the Stones, we are talking about four individuals. By comparison, even if four star players miss in a dream team, it is a pity, but you have eleven other people to remplace them, waiting (hoping ?) on the benches. So you can still go forward and play the game.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 21, 2006 20:32

bv Wrote:
> but please
> do not expect me to take over the role as a
> spokesperson for the Stones.
Thank you very much again Bjornulf. I appreciate every bit of information that comes from you. And of course I understand that you cannot reveil your sources.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: lodge ()
Date: May 21, 2006 20:35

I do think that Keith should get cured before they even think of going on Tour. But I still mind the whole management plus the 3 other ones which makes the Rolling Stones not to make any decision. Sorry I have to cancel flights, see if I can still get a refund or sell it. I don't have 100 million plus on my bank account. This summer is very costly for a band I adore since a very, very long time. But my spirits are fading...

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 21, 2006 20:43

>> But last sentence scares me. I don't know how reliable this source can be (I mean not Woody, but the journalist who wrote it),
but if it's true than well 3 weeks it's quite some time. <<

well, we don't know what "all clear" means in this case, do we. if it means "all clear to proceed with the tour"
then "june 5th at the earliest" (3 weeks from last monday, which is when Ronnie apparently said this) isn't long at all.
but of course we don't know what was actually said, or what Ronnie may have meant by it. my guess is that he didn't mean much by it,
except that we all have to keep waiting and generating well-wishes for Keith and all the Stones.

Keith, be well - all the way, baby, all the way

Posted by: Tekumseh ()
Date: May 21, 2006 21:00

Of course we worry about this, all of us.
But I think, OK, it'll cost a lot of money, but if the first dates are cancelled, then I'll have to go to a show farther off. If I have to buy tickets to Wembley show in London at the end of august, then I'll do that. Cause I'm pretty sure (I am NOT a reliable source, it's what I THINK) that this is their last tour, and I'm looking forward to this, so much that I HAVE to see them this summer. It's pretty much all I think of at the time.

Though I'm glad I have some good travel-injurence, that'll give me most of my money back if things turn out in the worst way.

And I think they will begin their european tour when they're ready. They won't cancel the whole thing.

But it's better they wait with the tour till they're absolutely sure, so they don't just play one night, and have to cancel the next.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: May 21, 2006 21:13

mickijaggeroo Wrote:
> "Right now they have cancelled a few shows, and
> they are soon getting to the point where they have
> to do some hard, real hard decisions"
>
> Excuse me for reading the bible like the devil,
> but the above doesn´t really sound very
> optimistic? Are there more shows to be
> cancelled/postponed?

That's the way I interpret it too...sad smiley

Posted by: Tonyboy ()
Date: May 21, 2006 21:15

I got tickets to Gothenburg and Warzaw and my pants are allso getting full of shit soon. Dammit, doesn't look too good........

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: May 21, 2006 21:20

Lorenz Wrote:
> mickijaggeroo Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------

> > Excuse me for reading the bible like the devil,
> > but the above doesn´t really sound very
> > optimistic? Are there more shows to be
> > cancelled/postponed?
>
> That's the way I interpret it too...sad smiley

Well, guys, right now I´m in the mood that we could be happy
if we ever see them again. But honestly, I´m still angry about
the stupid behaviour that led to all this.

Posted by: Tekumseh ()
Date: May 21, 2006 21:20

Bill Wyman or was it someone else once said; 'if ever the Stones will quit, it'll be with a big bang.' That's why I worry about this tour as the last one, because of the title...

Let's hope for good news tomorrow.

Posted by: cali stones fan ()
Date: May 21, 2006 21:46

Lorenz Wrote:
> mickijaggeroo Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > "Right now they have cancelled a few shows, and
> > they are soon getting to the point where they
> have
> > to do some hard, real hard decisions"
> >
> > Excuse me for reading the bible like the devil,
> > but the above doesn´t really sound very
> > optimistic? Are there more shows to be
> > cancelled/postponed?
>
> That's the way I interpret it too...sad smiley

I interpreted this as they are trying to decide if and when they can reshedule the shows, and they are going to do this before they release information.
Not nessisarily say the dates that they are rescheduling but at least say, this show will/won't be rescheduled.
But that was just my interpretation.

Posted by: MnLtMi ()
Date: May 21, 2006 23:20

Well, I have seen small bits of info grow lives of thier own on this and other boards since this started.Including the "Keithe is flying home" NEWs item on this site. Now this Ronnie "Quote". How about this possibility,3 weeks from the operation? As far as dates maybe they kill it all, maybe not. Why though if the band knows he can't make it are they waiting ? What does that accomplish? The very day Keith had the work done R.S.com reported both that news and the tour beginning in June. Think they just threw that out there as a guess. Maybe. Maybe not. Regarding "insider" information am I really supposed to believe leaks are occuring to "certain" people here or esle where but with the instructions "don't tell anyone?" Please. Sometime this week they MUST say something as the 27th is close.

Posted by: ron091 ()
Date: May 21, 2006 23:37

Thanks BV for anything that you pass along.
It's just our way of expressing our anxiety when we go a little over the deep end.
Things will sort themselves out soon enough. We just hope that it all turns out alright for everyone.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1646
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home