Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: When will tour start?
Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 21, 2006 00:11

This is your wake up call. Keith is still in New Zeland and he is not well. Do you think they will fly him in like an NHL player ready to play next week? I don't think so.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: May 21, 2006 00:18

bv Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is your wake up call. Keith is still in New
> Zeland and he is not well. Do you think they will
> fly him in like an NHL player ready to play next
> week? I don't think so.

That's really a wake up call (in the middle of the night).
If you are pessimistic than it's really not a good sign...

What is a realistic now? Not even Vienna on the 20th June?

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Re: Keith
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 21, 2006 00:24

all kinds of blessings on Keith

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: May 21, 2006 00:28

Yes, and not to forget, the most important: get well Keith.

Posted by: Niklas ()
Date: May 21, 2006 02:19

This is not good news. Let's hope Keith will get well, no matter when the tour starts. I can wait as long as it takes, just as long as Keith needs to get back on his feet. That's the most important thing!

Posted by: StratoGR ()
Date: May 21, 2006 02:21

I don't care if I was going to see them in September for example but I would like to be sure.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 21, 2006 02:31

Just a few secs after some guy yell....

Ladiessss & Gentlemennnn da greatest rock an roll band in da world....... THE ROLLING STONES

ROCKMAN

Posted by: d.a.d. ()
Date: May 21, 2006 02:37

I'll be a little bit worried about the European Tour. I'll think everything is going to be cannceled.I don't believe anything about the falling out of a Coconnut tree.
Something else must be happen to Keith

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: May 21, 2006 02:37

what? falling out of a coconut tree isn't embarassing enough?

Posted by: Sam Spade ()
Date: May 21, 2006 02:38

bv Wrote:
> Zeland and he is not well.

Keith Richards got the Get well greetings from IORR fans hand delivered earlier this week, and he really enjoyed them and was grateful. Keith is still in Auckland

Sam Spade Wrote:
> Re: Do you think
> Posted by: Sam Spade (IP Logged)
> Date: May 4, 2006 04:55
>
> I for one hope it's not more serious than what has
> been reported.
>
> Now 3 days later since that post we learn Keith
> did undergo surgery for a blood clot on his brain

My new question is did BV or one of his "sources" see Keith or get a first hand report on his condition when the "get well" messages were delivered? Fox News earlier this week ran a small report stating the band expects to lose $15 million USD due to Keith's accident. Personally, I think Keith will require more than 8 weeks to mend.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 21, 2006 02:38

Rockman Wrote:
> Just a few secs after some guy yell....
>
> Ladiessss & Gentlemennnn da greatest rock an roll
> band in da world....... THE ROLLING STONES

So we know it's very soon, when we hear this:
"Oh yeah...bite my clank....clip...clock it...allright...yeeeeeah boy......THEY'VE MADE IT"

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: May 21, 2006 02:39

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR WAITING, PARIS! WOULD YOU WELCOME PLEASE - THE ROLLING STONES!!!! (cue Under My Thumb)

Posted by: uz2bstoned ()
Date: May 21, 2006 03:09

I think you all read to much into BV post. It is not his first language eh. Also to those who seem concerned about him not flying to the USA. Why fly there? I mean he is well looked after down here. We are a friendly bunch. Good dope too.

I would presume he is going thru some rough times with no alcohol or drugs allowed. Withdrawl is rough especially for a 62 year old

Posted by: phd ()
Date: May 21, 2006 05:12

bv Wrote:
> Zeland and he is not well. Do you think they will
> fly him in like an NHL player ready to play next
> week? I don't think so.

What a wake-up mail !!! This is one of the saddest mail i have ever read.Thanks Bv to describe the situation as it is : HE is not well. That is the second time in row that you post such thing. Keith be well and safe.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: May 21, 2006 05:23

I am with you PHD , seeing BV post those few words,. " he is not well," have scared me more than anytyhing I have read in the press. I was reallly maintaining a bright out look on all of this until BV becomes pessimistic. I am not complainig, I can use my time in the scond half of June in Europe to be a tourist. But reading those few words sends a shudder down my back.

I mean it is finally hitting me, to paraphrase a famous Keith quote, I may wake up tommorrow in a world with a sun and a moon, but no Rolling Stones.

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: May 21, 2006 06:18

Hello, Kahoosier,didn't you or Triplelicks say in an earlier post that SOMETIMES patients continue to have very painful headaches where the source can't really be found by any of the equipment (MRI, CAT Scan, EEG, etc) out there? If that's the case and he's on strong prescription pain pills are there any that he can perform on?(or are they all gonna zap his energy and make him super sleepy?). How much do you think the withdrawl from Alcohol plays into this whole thing? My personal feelings is the official announcement is coming from RS.COM on Monday 5/22. Since we obviously don't know how bad he really is (BV's statement doesn't sound good) I would think best case senario is the tour starts in late June or the Second Paris show could be the opener. What do you think? (does "Keith is not well" possibly mean his motor skills are not at 100% ?)

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: May 21, 2006 07:50

kahoosier Wrote:
> I am with you PHD , seeing BV post those few
> words,. " he is not well," have scared me more
> than anytyhing I have read in the press. I was
> reallly maintaining a bright out look on all of
> this until BV becomes pessimistic. I am not
> complainig, I can use my time in the scond half of
> June in Europe to be a tourist. But reading those
> few words sends a shudder down my back.
>

i know - its killing me now.
i think there's a castle near brno which we can visit...

headaches cause me a lot of grief when i get them - i hope that's all he's experiencing. caffeine can help headaches as well as keep you awake when you're on pain medication. i'm going to keep optimistic.

regarding the 22nd date, it would be better for those who decide changes to wait for keith as long as possible - it would suck if they were conservative and made a late start date now and then keith recovers in 2 weeks and can play after another week of relaxation and a little rehersal. i'm going to keep optimistic.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: May 21, 2006 08:01

Micksbrain, Kieth spent years playing on more opiates then any doctor in his right mind would prescribe, but he was a lot younger. He has also spent a lot of time on stage drunk. I do not think some pain pills are the issue. Yes, and it was my post that talked about the intangible, Post Traumatic Head Aches and even Post Traumatic Seizures that have no obvious ANATOMIC cause.

If he really is drying out from alcohol, my medical guess is that that is causing him more probelms than recovery from a head injury. Any doctor that works rehab can tell you, kicking the chemicals is lot easier. Detoxing a true alcoholic can be at times a life threatening procedure. Because it is legal and because society has been so accepting, the lay public is just unaware of what a horror , medically, true alcohilism is...ruined livers, lungs fried from aspiration pnuemonia, blood that will not clot, neurolgic changes, gastric and esophageal bleeds that can kill, the list is tremendous.The actual physiologic changes heroin addiction puts the body through are minor in comparison.

But I have no hint that this is in any way involved either. Reading that the stage is up, knowing that draining a subdural can be minor, Jo Wood saying Keith is ok, Marlon going home, all of these and much more had me thinking that on Monday we were going to hear that the first 4-5 shows were cancelled and the rest was on as normal. And I still think that we will hear something on Monday, but who knows what. And all because of a few words by BV.

We have met, but I do not say I know BV at all; he is a very quiet man. LOL as we say in Ameirca, he is the kind of guy that woud not say shit if he had a mouth full of it! And I respect him. If he says "Keith is not well, " when he is usually very quiet, it alarms me. And when he says it with a bite, as he did by starting the above post with, "let this be your wake up call," well he has me worried. Through it all, these few post by BV have been truely the only things that have shaken my faith in a complete and rapid recovery of Kieth Richards.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: May 21, 2006 08:40

shortly after those first few keith chords one would imagine.
can u imagine the roar...i mean we go crazy anyway at that point...
but next time...holy moly...

i don't think he will ever go thru the motions again.
i think he's gonna rock his ass off and take more control...
and play tighter too...he's gonna be full time general in that band again.

bob dylan had the infection around his heart that they couldn't manage for awhile...and he came back more inspired and dedicated to his legacy...
and more alive and present in live shows...and now a steady bunch of renewed brilliance in his studio work...and he's older than the stones.
and also had a similarly long period of albums that he seemingly didn't put much of a sincere effort into (except for some great outstanding individual tracks, he's Dylan after all)
and he broke his neck in a motorcyle accident in the sixties...
shit happens...and the tough get tougher and more focused. and engage their mortality and legacies with amazing grace and power.
i think keith is that kinda guy; and i think the tour will start purty soon...
june or july...health issues first tho. we must not mess with a single feather on the goose that laid the golden riff.

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: May 21, 2006 08:49

On the other hand - if Keith is not well (I mean if he is REALLY not well) it's strange that nothing has leaked out.

Posted by: triplelicks ()
Date: May 21, 2006 08:52

Thanks bv for your candid post. I appreciate any info.

If Keith is reading this board, I want him to know that if his recuperation takes many months, and also if he has lasting changes from his injury, that he will continue to be one truly admirable, remarkable, gnarly, enjoyable, warm-hearted, humorous, influential, and cool dude.

Luv ya Keith.

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: May 21, 2006 09:23

Well my gut feeling is if nothing comes out of RS.COM by Monday, 5/22 (23rd at the VERY latest) this is gonna start getting really really strange. If it's all still up in the air because of Keiths condition (and, like, Kahoosier said, if he's detoxing from alcoholism that could be the biggest problem) by the beginning of this new week RS.COM should just tell us the straight story. I just have always noticed with injuries to famous people the more silence there is from the official camp the more serious the situation ends up being.To just add to Thommie's comment I don't think the press really see's a problem YET but if this starts moving into tour dates and that isn't handled SUPER SMOOTH the press might start taking some interest. Also, BV doesn't talk that way very often, if ever(maybe he has some inside info)..... We'll see what happens on Monday or Tuesday....

Posted by: phd ()
Date: May 21, 2006 09:52

MicksBrain Wrote:

> I have always noticed with injuries to famous people
> the more silence there is from the official camp
> the more serious the situation ends up being.To
> just add to Thommie's comment I don't think the
> press really see's a problem YET but if this
> starts moving into tour dates and that isn't
> handled SUPER SMOOTH the press might start taking
> some interest.

Fully agree, that is why Stones Corp. will be compelled to move, not alone the fact the Promoters will start yelling for whatever their € reasons.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: May 21, 2006 10:11

BV, you weren't allowed to play with us on this one

Date: May 21, 2006 10:18

BTW, he fell out of a cokenut tree

Posted by: ron091 ()
Date: May 21, 2006 10:31

They have to say something very soon about Brussels, Paris and Horsens. That's just for the legal reasons. Then there are the moral ones to the fans that have bought their tickets.
Secondly, if he is really not feeling well, then the whole thing should be canned until 2007. There is absolutely no point in risking someone's health just for some rock concerts. Come on! Let's be serious.
I just wish the Stones machine would do the right thing and make up their minds soon. WE have a right to get on with our lives too. I don't know about anyone else, but I just can't tell my work that I need a week off in 2 weeks. It has to be planned. I'm sure a lot of you are in the same boat.

Letter to Stones machine: Dear Mick. PLEASE say something!

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: May 21, 2006 10:33

We're going around in circles again !

but I agree with phd.
They need to announce SOMETHING reasonably soon.

Thing is...a lot folks seam to assume that an announcement will be along the lines of "...OK here we go, the tour starts tomorrow"...which won't happen.

I think we've speculated just about possible scenario from one extreme to the other..and the fact is that all but the most extreme are, at this stage, equally possible.

Date: May 21, 2006 10:35

ron091 Wrote:
> They have to say something very soon about
> Brussels, Paris and Horsens. That's just for the
> legal reasons. Then there are the moral ones to
> the fans that have bought their tickets.
> Secondly, if he is really not feeling well, then
> the whole thing should be canned until 2007.
> There is absolutely no point in risking someone's
> health just for some rock concerts. Come on!
> Let's be serious.
> I just wish the Stones machine would do the right
> thing and make up their minds soon. WE have a
> right to get on with our lives too. I don't know
> about anyone else, but I just can't tell my work
> that I need a week off in 2 weeks. It has to be
> planned. I'm sure a lot of you are in the same
> boat.
>
> Letter to Stones machine: Dear Mick. PLEASE say
> something!

Doesn't matter to me anyway. Everything has been booked and paid for. Can't cancel anything anymore: Barcelona, Brussels,Paris,Amsterdam and London

Posted by: lodge ()
Date: May 21, 2006 10:46

Honestly speaking I am not really keen on going on any of the concerts at the moment. Always keeping in mind that the health status of Keith is really so bad, they should cancel or postpone the whole tour until further notice so that we can give back our tickets or get back the money from our bookings.
I a trying to save up from losses as well.
What happened has happened and we can't change it.
But I think it is time to tell the truth.
So at last the Sun was right????

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: May 21, 2006 10:51

Harm Wrote:
>
> Doesn't matter to me anyway. Everything has been
> booked and paid for. Can't cancel anything
> anymore: Barcelona, Brussels,Paris,Amsterdam and
> London

Same for me. I will enjoy my holidays either way, but it will be strange flying with my family all the way to Vienna to see . . . . . . Vienna.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1275
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home