Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Warning
Posted by: mttlacroix ()
Date: May 14, 2006 16:55

dont worry bv, youre doing a great job. Ive always noticed that the people who bitch are the ones that make the least posts.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 14, 2006 18:47

I don't worry at all. I am just explaining, as some people seem to believe they can do whatever they like on IORR. If you insult people in a bar you get a punch in your face. Eventually. If you insult on IORR then you will be out. Eventually.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 14, 2006 19:57

Two thoughts BV, and one more,

1. You call uck ignorant because of his attitude. From an other point of view some would say it is ignorance that bans them. In other words what gives you the right to decide what is ignorant.

Creating a board for public discussion is not the same as inviting people to your house.

Ban a post because you don't like it. That was the reason.

2. "The board would be a mess".....well, in your opinion. But maybe we can make sense of lots of threads and maybe we are adults and can sift through stuff, etc.

It would a "mess" in your view. And your view seems to be what matters here.

One more......... You were a lot more liberal, patient and forgiving a few years back, when things were a lot more heated. I think the board was healthier for that.

And btw, you banned OpenG and then let him back. That showed you realised you had made a mistake. That was good and worthy of much respect....because your 'job' can't be easy and it must be very easy to reach for the 'ban' button at times!

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: May 14, 2006 23:30

The Board was more heated a few years back? What was going on then? Was it US politics or Stones issues?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 14, 2006 23:32

setlists!!!!!

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: May 14, 2006 23:38

Rolling Hansie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bjornulf, I truly believe that most people here
> agree with you and that they appreciate the job
> that you are doing. In my opinion you are still
> too nice to those who constantly post only
> negative stuff to annoy others.

OK, but who does that and how annoying is it and towards whom?
If it doesnt suit BVs vision, fine, but the forum is better if its not a religious place for people who live for the Stones and cant critize them, in other words, the same kind who would give their life for a sports team. Clearly this sint the case with IORR.ORG which is good.

Keep up the good
> work and don't let them destroy your pleasure for
> the Stones and this website.

Stones? This is a forum. Stones is a corporation and a band.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: May 15, 2006 07:59

i had to laugh about uck's comment about how those of us who like tim ries would jump off a bridge if he asked us - that guy is so humble and polite its hilarious to think about him giving out that command. so who would jump off a bridge for keith or mick or charlie? maybe that's a new thread.

but i have to wonder if uck has even seen the project? its hard to not like them.

BV - you seem really patient and you're description of the campaign is similar to what you discussed about past ron discussions, so you are consistent with the rules.

micksbrain, did you ever post a picture of yourself in that thread of a same name? you seem like quite the ladies man...

Posted by: Sub ()
Date: May 15, 2006 15:19

Yeah, so I'll use another name to make this one post. then I'll be outta here, don't worry....

1) I think Tim Ries' project is an opportunistic ploy, from a guy who never listened to rock and roll in his life, by his own admition. It doesn't take a PR genius to see that the guy is after his own fame on the back of the boys. It doesn't matter if he's "nice."

2) All I ever did on this board was say the above, and express dismay that all of you were so easily duped. If you want to ban that speech, this isn't much of a "discussion" area, is it?

3) I''ll bet good money I've seen the Stones play more times than most of you.

4) Moderator, I wrote you back, check your email.

uck

little queenie Wrote:
> i had to laugh about uck's comment about how those
> of us who like tim ries would jump off a bridge if
> he asked us - that guy is so humble and polite its
> hilarious to think about him giving out that
> command. so who would jump off a bridge for keith
> or mick or charlie? maybe that's a new thread.
>
> but i have to wonder if uck has even seen the
> project? its hard to not like them.
>
> BV - you seem really patient and you're
> description of the campaign is similar to what you
> discussed about past ron discussions, so you are
> consistent with the rules.
>
> micksbrain, did you ever post a picture of
> yourself in that thread of a same name? you seem
> like quite the ladies man...

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: May 15, 2006 15:31

Simple in my mind.... BV's board, were guests, upto him who stays and who goes so uck, put yer dummy back in and enjoy the fiest Stones board out thee....

Posted by: Luke33 ()
Date: May 15, 2006 17:09

It's Only Rock 'n Roll for nerds smiling smiley

we need arguments to keep this board rocking....

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: May 15, 2006 17:37

mttlacroix Wrote:
> dont worry bv, youre doing a great job. Ive always
> noticed that the people who bitch are the ones
> that make the least posts.

I think you should double-check your math. Did you remember to carry the digits over properly?

Posted by: hailtothestones ()
Date: May 15, 2006 18:04

I have been banned recently and now sign on as a different name. Sadly, I have learned my lesson and its best really only to talk about the stones. Love him or hate him this is truly the best stones site on the net. Thats no buloney either. Shidobee, stonesplanet, rocks off all dont have the amount of people talking and in the know about the stones as iorr.org. Hail to the Stones!

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: May 15, 2006 18:28

Hey hailtothestones,
Welcome back.
Do you mind telling us what you did to get banned? Just curious.
Luke
ster

Posted by: hailtothestones ()
Date: May 15, 2006 18:31

hahah. It's probaly not smart since Bv will rid of me again. I missed this place very much not being able to talk. It's weird how valuable adding your 2 cents into discussion can add to the experience of being a stones fan. I was stonestom I usually didnt say much but did get heated into politics when they were brought up.

Date: May 15, 2006 18:36

Thanks, hailtothestones...I remember you. Those damn political discussions can get ugly. I've gotten sucked into a few of them myself, and I guess I've started a few. I prefer to avoid them.

Date: May 15, 2006 18:46

Speaking of political discussions...I started a silly thread Friday titled "OT, very OT: Mother's Day," in which I posted photos of the current and former US presidents superimposed on women's bodies. A couple of the photos looked like they could be someone's mom (hence the Mother's Day connection). When I checked this site Saturday I noticed the thread was deleted. Does anyone know why? I guess I could send bv an email, but I hate to bother him. I'm not upset, just curious. It may have been deleted because it was stupid, or just not funny.

Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-15 18:46 by Lukester.

Date: May 15, 2006 18:48

true, lukester - "haven't seen your mother's day thread, baby...." or something.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 15, 2006 18:52

I was a bit worried for your future, when you did that thread Lukester,
even though it was really funny.

Date: May 15, 2006 18:54

Hey T&A.....ha ha , are you saying "true" to the stupid and not funny comment?

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: May 15, 2006 18:55

Lukester Wrote:
> Speaking of political discussions...I started a
> silly thread Friday titled "OT, very OT: Mother's
> Day," in which I posted photos of the current and
> former US presidents superimposed on women's
> bodies. A couple of the photos looked like they
> could be someone's mom (hence the Mother's Day
> connection). When I checked this site Saturday I
> noticed the thread was deleted. Does anyone know
> why? I guess I could send bv an email, but I hate
> to bother him. I'm not upset, just curious. It
> may have been deleted because it was stupid, or
> just not funny.
>
> Thanks

I thought it was fun!!!You go ahead Luke!!!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 15, 2006 19:03

BV,

In order to keep this discussion OPEN......

To continually say that you dislike something is not necessarily a 'campaign' and it is very conceivably 'free speach'.

By your logic, if I keep saying positive things about Ronnie, then I am'campaigning'? Some might find it offensive. Therefore it should be banned, under IORR policy.

I think it really boils down to your taste. Why not just say something like, "these are my rules, lump it or like". Don't pretend to be democratic!

Lukester Wrote:
> Hey T&A.....ha ha , are you saying "true" to the
> stupid and not funny comment?

stupid and funny go hand-in-hand. actually, I found the thread quite deep and thought-provoking. I realize now that Rummy was destined to be a girl....not sure why it turned out the way it did.

rooster, man, how's it going? Thanks for the encouragement, but I guess it was offensive to some people.

...and thanks, Erik. Were you worried because the thread was a political satire or because it was just stupid and blatantly off topic?

Personally, I thought it was hilarious, especially the part about Aunt Dick (U.S. Secretary of Defense, Dick Rumsfeld)

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 15, 2006 19:09

It was hillarious, but I was worried about....someone setting a warning example, by banning you for political "jokes".
(also worried about American politicians blowing up the county you live in.)

Date: May 15, 2006 19:12

When the cat is out the mouses go party..aint that right!!!

Date: May 15, 2006 19:18

Well, guys, thanks for the input.....and rooster, even though the cat is away, I think this mouse is going to work, not play (boring)....but I'll be back with another trick up my sleeve.

Date: May 15, 2006 19:25

Before you go work ..go download the long radio version of...She Was Hot...than you go party I think Luke..Cheers!!

Date: May 15, 2006 19:31

okay, rooster, I'll go party instead of work. Thanks for the suggestion. It wouldn't be the first time, that's for sure.

Date: May 15, 2006 19:32

Lukester Wrote:
> okay, rooster, I'll go party instead of work.
>

I wanna come!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1867
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home