Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Have you ever been front row...?
Date: May 1, 2006 23:17

Have you ever gotten front row seats? How was it? What was it like? Were you on Keiths side or Ronnies side? Tell your experience. What was the number one thing that sticks out to you in your mind when you remember that night? I am going to try anything I can to get front row if they come back this fall. What was is like????

"She's got a mind of her own, yeah, and she use it mighty fine..."

Re: Have you ever been front row...?
Posted by: harlito1969 ()
Date: May 1, 2006 23:20

Ronnie's side... Lisa IS hot... and Mick hangs to the right.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: May 1, 2006 23:21

there's "front row" and there's "FRONT ROW" - meaning that at most stadium and arenas, you're really not in the same "breathing space" as the band, even in teh front row because of the barriers, etc...

...not the case at the theater shows. At the Wiltern, Jagger was literally dripping sweat on me half the show...when you have to back up to take a pic and get Mick in the whole frame, you know you're close.

...what was it like? It was ok. ;-)

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: May 1, 2006 23:22

I was! It was awesome! It was 94, so it wasn't really front row, like it used to be. There's a big empty space for the crew or whatever that separates you from the stage. Keith stayed in the middle for some reason most of that night, bummer.

The best thing was when Keith came by and I jumped up on the barrier and he stopped playing and started laughing, then gave me that cross/blessing thing that he does.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 1, 2006 23:23

1990 and 1998 was front row on Keith's side.
It's so great to see Stones for "real",
but to see Keith from 3 meters away is.........

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: May 1, 2006 23:26

In 99 (I think) I was front row in Imst, Austria - can't remember that much, I was screaming and jumping for two hours, especially when Mick and Lisa were just a meter away during Gimme Shelter...the next day I had a French exam. Didn't go to well, my mind was still at the concert.

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Date: May 1, 2006 23:26

T&A Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

...not the case at the theater shows. At the Wiltern, Jagger was literally dripping sweat on me half the show...

T&A stop turning me on like that. I'm at work fercrissakes!

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: May 1, 2006 23:28

Thats the closest I got in '76. no seats.
how was it? effin' great, I want more

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-01 23:32 by open-g.

Date: May 1, 2006 23:30

you know the first time I saw them "point blank" in '97, it was a bit disconcerting. They suddenly seemed so "ordinary" and "frail"....not the God-like figures I that I was expecting or something

Date: May 1, 2006 23:30

CindyC Wrote:
> T&A Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> ...not the case at the theater shows. At the
> Wiltern, Jagger was literally dripping sweat on me
> half the show...
>
>
> T&A stop turning me on like that. I'm at work
> fercrissakes!

I saved some of it in a jar if you're interested....

Date: May 1, 2006 23:35

T&A Wrote:

I saved some of it in a jar if you're interested....

Thanks, but I'm waiting to get some straight from the source.

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: May 1, 2006 23:41

God Damn it Cindy...I just threw up.........(OH man, it's effing everywhere, shit)

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: May 1, 2006 23:41

I was front row center in 1972 at the Denver Coliseum at the matinee. Local friends scored the seats legit. A miracle. I drove out from Chicago to catch the show. It was sooo strange to be that close in seats. The crowd was kind of dead to begin with which was not what I was expecting. We were up and moving. Mick had this silver sparkling coat on when they started into BS. I was in awe to be so close without having to fight for the spot. Powerful stuff back then.

Date: May 1, 2006 23:42

HAHAHAHAHA I just meant his sweat, get your mind out of the gutter, ya dirty burdy.

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: May 1, 2006 23:55

Do any of these count?

5th row at Shea Stadium;

about 15 feet from the stage at Roseland (much closer than any front row seat on this tour).

also leaning on the stage at Bottom Line for Chris Jagger, about 10-15 feet from Mick and Jerry in the audience.

Posted by: sater ()
Date: May 1, 2006 23:59

I was at the "second" front row..in Prague 2003 ..just behind FOS area

Posted by: lodge ()
Date: May 2, 2006 00:01

1o times during 1982, 2x Munich, 2x Hannover, 3x Frankfurt, 1 Wembley, 1 Basel and 1000 color slides a blast.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: May 2, 2006 00:05

Boston 99 2nd show. Someone metioned its not that close at an Arena well from my seat I could touch the Stage. I also Agree with T&A I was very surprised also how little they actually looked.

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: May 2, 2006 00:06

After seeing the band from fairly close in '95 & '99,the LICKS tour was my concert heaven --

Both Dublin gigs & one in Glasgow the week before,myself & my friends managed to get ever right up at the front!! I've been a fan for 10 years and never thought I'd see them indoors,let alone up so close,so as you can imagine,it was a magnificent experience.

Since Dublin & Glasgow were relatively small venues(7,000 capacity I guess),and the floor area was all standing,it was easy to get to the front,and,on ALL 3 occasions,on Keith's side^*! Even in '95 & '99 it was on keith's side...it shall always be on Keith's side^!!

It was almost surreal -- even though I was close in Wembley on the VL and B2B tours,it was still a huge stadium,and,it wasn't the ol' eyeball-to-eyeball thang,so being mere feet from Mr. Richards for 3 gigs was an incredible experience.

Plus,they played some of the 'Club'-type songs at the gigs -- 'Everybody needs somebody','Can't turn you loose',and,the jaw-dropping moment in Glasgow when they played 'That's How strong My Love Is'..wow! Keef also played,as I dearly hoped he would,'Nearness of You' in Dublin,and,along with being up at the front,and the addition of impromptu versions of 'Long Way to Tipperary' in Dublin & 'Loch Lomond' in Glasgow,really made these,for me anyway,a series of 3 once-in-a-lifetime gigs!

As far as concerts go,it was euphoric!

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 2, 2006 00:12

Eight row 2003, because of those stupid Stones freaks where in front of me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-02 00:31 by NICOS.

Posted by: Rialb ()
Date: May 2, 2006 00:25

Front row center Memphis, TN June 1978 at the Mid-South Coliseum. ($10) No seats on the floor but I was front and centered as close as I could be. 14 years old. I still cannot describe how great this show was. Changed my life.

Date: May 2, 2006 00:27

Rialb Wrote:
> Front row center Memphis, TN June 1978 at the
> Mid-South Coliseum. ($10) No seats on the floor
> but I was front and centered as close as I could
> be. 14 years old. I still cannot describe how
> great this show was.

Look, man - you're 40 now. It's time to get a grip on yourself and describe this show....

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: May 2, 2006 00:28

yes, i've been in the front row. however, it wasn't a stones show . . .

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 2, 2006 00:36

Frontrow ? yes, in +/- 1974 Ike and Tina Turnen, can you imagen front row and then Tina and Ikettes 2 meters distance.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 2, 2006 00:37

Yeah!! front row couple of seats off dead centre, Melbourne March 27 1995... straight in front of Mick's mike...the stage was fairly high so had to stretch at times to view Charlie. The crazy start with tower moaning like a evil beast then the drum intro to Not Fade Away...BOOM!! The place exploded and it was full bore for the start of the show...You Got Me Rocking...It's All Over Now..Live With Me...Rock And A Hard Place...I Go Wild ...Honky Tonk such a beautiful racket...Keith rocked with Before They Make Me Run then slowed the place for a magic....and I mean magic Slipping Away...Keith centre stage..shirt bellowing back from those blasting stage fans...head cocked on an angle singing from his soul.

Final part of show cranked again....Sympathy with Mick in Witch Doctor outfit...those enourmous dolls blowing out from the side of stage....Mick running around like a mad-man... then a guitar weaving Monkey Man then onto the Horses of War...place going crazy..4-5 camera men up front filming all the time lots of mug shots of audience on big screen...kinda weird to see that delayed shot of yaself up there...Street Fighting Man...Brown Sugar then an incredible Jumping Jack Flash...with Keith coming down to small cat-walk that was ground level and just below main stage...Keith standing about metre or just over arms length away blazing on THAT riff...eyes closed...head tilted back riffing like a maniac...PRICELESS STUFF!!

Then the gathering of the troops the final bow....incredible show.

Returned next night for second show but 3 row back...much the same show but this time an incredible blues set with Love In Vain & Rambler...Wow & Wow!!

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: May 2, 2006 00:37

That's what i don't understand people paying so much and getting a seat somewhere half way on the floor in America. In Europe there is general admisiion and you can be front row anytime you want.
All my concerts were front except for one, Groningnen '99 front row b-stage in front of Keith's mic. Frotnrow, or first couple or rows against the catwalk. I would be to frustrated to be half way in the field.

But to awnser your question, it is AWESOME!!!!!!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: May 2, 2006 00:39

Wuudy, - you and I will make a mad dash for the front at Paris #1.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-02 00:39 by nikkibong.

Re: front row
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 2, 2006 01:50

>> gave me that cross/blessing thing that he does <<

smile: those are nice to get, huh.

i've been in the first ten rows (or "rows") most times, front row twice
(if the b-stage counts, which it should - some very special stuff happens there).
Keith's side. "what was it like?" interactive

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-02 10:11 by with sssoul.

Posted by: jfm.iii ()
Date: May 2, 2006 02:24

I;ve been front row for the B-stage...slapped Mick and Keith's hands!

Posted by: rrronnie ()
Date: May 2, 2006 02:52

there were only 7 or 8 shows out of the 54 I have been to so far where I was NOT front row, standing that is. Mostly Ronnie's side, lots of interaction with Ronnie, Keith, Lisa and Bernard. Had a long talk with Bernard outside the Stockholm hotel about these "mad" front row fans with their banners and flags. For me standing front row at a Stones show is a must! And - believe me - I'm not the only one. You meet the same guys there again and again...

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1819
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home