Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233Next
Current Page: 28 of 33
Re: Keith in Hospital
Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: May 10, 2006 21:40

Elmo Lewis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
After our boy is well, this is gonna be another in the long list of his legends.

I do hope that someday we are laughing about this.

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: May 10, 2006 21:45

From Rocksoff.

I just found out: this is NOT recent. It's something he put op on a hotel room in Japan.

Sorry for posting but I'll leave it anyway.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-10 22:11 by Reptile.

Posted by: redrum ()
Date: May 10, 2006 22:45

Hey IORR folks:

Don't know if its been posted on Tell Me, but here is link to Ascot Hospital in New Zealand:

[http://www.ascothospital.com/index.cfm?content=dynamic&pageID=1]

Get well Keith!

redrum

Posted by: triplelicks ()
Date: May 11, 2006 02:55

Thursday May 11, 2006
By David Eames - NZ Herald
[www.nzherald.co.nNZ] show may have been Richards' last

Keith Richards' wife Patti Hanson and his four children are at his bedside as concerns grow that the 62-year-old Rolling Stones guitarist may never perform live again.

Minders for Richards and his family appeared outside Auckland's Ascot Hospital yesterday to tell waiting media the ageing rocker was recovering well, but was likely to be in hospital for some time.

His son Marlon and wife Lucie, and daughters Angela, Theodora and Alexandra had joined Ms Hanson.

Richards was brought to Auckland after falling from a palm tree while holidaying in Fiji last month.

London's Sun newspaper yesterday quoted a source close to Richards who said the musician's condition was "much more serious than The Rolling Stones camp have been letting people believe".

The source claimed there were concerns among medical staff that Richards could be left brain damaged or partially paralysed by the fall, and the family had been warned Richards might never perform live again. The Rolling Stones' last show was in Wellington on April 18.

Publicists for the band had earlier rejected Herald reports Richards had undergone two brain operations, but the source told the Sun the star had suffered blackouts after a first operation - believed to have been performed on April 28 - to drain a blood clot from his skull.

New York-based publicist Fran Curtis claimed yesterday: "The first and only operation was done on Monday, May 8, and was 100 per cent successful. There was no brain damage. He continues to improve as expected."

But the Sun said doctors found Richards suffered a "complete mid-line shift" - a condition where one side of the brain collapses on to the other - after his first operation.

The second operation is understood to have been carried out by Auckland's Ascot Hospital-based neurosurgeon Edward Mee. Mr Mee could not be contacted by the Herald last night.

Fellow Stones Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood are believed to be watching Richards' progress from London, while Mick Jagger is "monitoring the situation" from the United States, the Sun said.

Richards' illness has forced Stones management to postpone Bigger Bang tour dates in Europe, a situation that would be an "absolute nightmare", said New Zealand concert promoter Brent Eccles.

The Herald attempted to speak last night with the band's UK publicist Bernard Doherty, but was not successful.

"We like your newspaper, not," he said, before hanging up.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 11, 2006 02:56

"The Sun"'s online edition tonight has now seemingly backtracked on their previous angle to this story and are repeating the 'official' line

Posted by: micawber K ()
Date: May 11, 2006 03:00

oh PLEASE PLEASE be OK KEEF!! NOT EVEN FOR THE TOUR'S SAKE BUT I THINK YOU'VE A LOT OF MUSIC LEFT IN YOU YET!

Posted by: LolA ()
Date: May 11, 2006 03:08

triplelicks Wrote:
> >
> "We like your newspaper, not," he said, before
> hanging up.
ha ha ha , I like that quote!!! If it turns out it was all BS, I hope someone will bother to sue them...

Date: May 11, 2006 03:54

KEITH IS OUT OF HOSPITAL !!!
Rolling Stones' Richards leaves hospital
11 May 2006

Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards was discharged from hospital today but may stay in Auckland for some time, his publicists says.

Yesterday it was reported that the hard-living 62-year-old rocker may have sustained brain damage after a second operation following his fall from a coconut tree in Fiji last month.

However, his United States-based spokeswoman Fran Curtis said the reports were untrue and Richards had had only one operation, on May 8.

In a statement today, she said Richards was discharged from the Ascot Hospital in Auckland.

"He will be an outpatient returning to the hospital for check-ups."

The band's European tour has been delayed but is scheduled to begin in June.

[www.stuff.co.nz]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-11 04:13 by Gazza.

Date: May 11, 2006 03:54

And just now from AFP

WELLINGTON (AFP) - Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards was discharged from a New Zealand hospital after undergoing head surgery, but will continue to receive outpatient treatment, his publicist said.

"Keith Richards was discharged today from the Ascot Hospital in Auckland, New Zealand," New York-based publicist Fran Curtis said in a brief statement received here Thursday.

"He will be an outpatient returning to the hospital for check-ups," she said.

The legendary rocker, 62, reportedly fell from a coconut tree while on holiday in Fiji last month. He underwent surgery on Monday to relieve pressure on his brain from a blood clot, after reportedly complaining of headaches.

Curtis denied media reports in Britain and New Zealand that Richards had undergone two operations and had possibly suffered brain damage.

"There's a lot of cockamamie stories that just aren't true. He's fine," she said Tuesday from New York.

"The first and only operation was done on Monday, May 8. It was 100 percent successful."

The New Zealand Herald quoted an anonymous source as saying Richards had a first operation on April 28 to stop bleeding in his skull. There had been fears for his life, it said.

Curtis had said at the time Richards was suffering a mild concussion.

Richards' operation early Monday required holes to be drilled into his skull for a craniotomy, which involved removing a portion of the skull, the Herald said.

On Wednesday, Jerry Hall, the ex-wife of Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger, said Richards was "doing very well", adding that she was in e-mail contact with his family, who had been at his bedside in Auckland.

"We are very upset about it. Mick is on holiday at the moment so he is hearing the same news as we are," the 49-year-old Texan model told reporters at the London launch of a helpline for victims of child abuse on Wednesday.

Hall, who said she originally introduced Richards to his wife Patti Hansen, added that she had not been in phone contact with Richards' family in New Zealand.

Following Monday's surgery, Richards was "up and about chatting, and phoning New York", the spokesman added.

The Rolling Stones' "A Bigger Bang" tour of Europe will begin in June, after the initially scheduled opening gig in Barcelona, Spain late this month was delayed to allow Richards to recover.

Richards was holidaying in Fiji last month after the New Zealand leg of the band's tour and was reported to have been climbing a palm tree at the resort with fellow Stones guitarist Ron Wood, 58, when he fell.

The resort, with private suites costing up to 7,600 US dollars a night, is a favourite vacation spot with the rich and famous, with Pierce Brosnan, Bill Gates, Michelle Pfeiffer, Celine Dion and Nicole Kidman among past guests.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-11 04:12 by Gazza.

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: May 11, 2006 03:55

Hope it's true....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-11 04:04 by MicksBrain.

Date: May 11, 2006 03:59

Gazza Wrote:
KEITH IS OUT OF HOSPITAL !!!

Gazza - You made my night!!! I'm so happy and relieved!

Thanks for the best post of the week.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Date: May 11, 2006 04:00

Daily Telegraph :

Richards is released from hospital
By Hugh Davies
(Filed: 11/05/2006)

Keith Richards, the Rolling Stones guitarist who was injured when he fell out of a coconut tree in Fiji, has left hospital and is staying in a hotel.

A spokesman for the group's management said Richards, 62, was "a lot better" after surgery at the Ascot Hospital in Auckland, New Zealand.

Part of the group's world tour has had to be rearranged because of Richards's injury.

"Keith will be back on the road sometime in June. The Bigger Bang tour has to be rescheduled a wee bit, as it was due to start again in Barcelona," the spokesman said.

Box office receipts for the tour, which began in America, exceed £90 million, with the group often making £2 million a night through ticket sales and merchandising.

The Barcelona concert on May 27 has been cancelled to give Richards more time to recover. The Stones are due to play in Belgium, Paris, Norway, Copenhagen and Sweden early in June, with a major concert in St Petersburg on June 13. All UK dates in August are to go ahead.

Date: May 11, 2006 04:05

CindyC Wrote:
> Gazza Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> KEITH IS OUT OF HOSPITAL !!!
>
>
> Gazza - You made my night!!! I'm so happy and
> relieved!
>
>

me too...I was JUST about to go to bed and decided to do another news search and it turns out these stories had just been filed within the last few minutes

Date: May 11, 2006 04:07

Gazza,

Well I'm glad you checked too. Now you can REALLY get a good nights sleep!

Thanks again for the post.

Good night.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-11 04:13 by CindyC.

Date: May 11, 2006 04:11

I've edited my post in bold to draw attention to it if that helps...!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-11 04:24 by Gazza.

Date: May 11, 2006 04:15

Yeah, the bold works.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-11 04:30 by CindyC.

Date: May 11, 2006 04:25

oh it doesnt matter who posts a story, Cindy - the important thing is that someone does and it gets out there..especially when its a good news one smiling smiley

Date: May 11, 2006 04:36

Don't wanna rain on anyones parade but this is ALL based on whats coming out of FRAN "I lie when I have to" CURTIS' mouth, if it's all so true how about releasing a short phone interview with Keith, 1 minute would be fine, or one photo, or one sighting of Mick...Jerry Hall (not in phone contact, in E-mail contact. Yeah, Mick can't pay those crazy long distance phone bills - gotta e-mail, tighten up the old belt) says he's on vacation when they're suppose to be rearranging the tour dates (a giant tour that was suppose to start in 2 weeks)....Yeah, sure....I ALWAYS go on holiday the day before I have a big business meeting, I'll buy that...Anyway, there's these guys outside with 3 small cups and all I have to do is guess which cup has the little ball under it after the guy shuffles them around. I'm gonna go out and make a few thousand off these dumb ass suckers and then check back to hear what else Fran and Jerry have to say......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-11 04:39 by MicksBrain.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: May 11, 2006 04:41

Great news.

Date: May 11, 2006 04:44

Yesssssssss!! Thanks Gazzasmiling smiley

MicksBrain why do you think she HAS TO lie? If Keith was in such a bad state that he couldn't be on stage again, then they would just cancel the tour, don't you think? What would be the point in lying?

Date: May 11, 2006 04:48

LolA Wrote:
> Yesssssssss!! Thanks Gazzasmiling smiley
>
> MicksBrain why do you think she HAS TO lie? If
> Keith was in such a bad state that he couldn't be
> on stage again, then they would just cancel the
> tour, don't you think? What would be the point in
> lying?

" $ " ( " EURO ", "YEN", "British Pound", "Swiss Franc" )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-11 04:51 by MicksBrain.

Date: May 11, 2006 05:03

The Stones camp can prove all this "good news" to be 100% true SO easily. Just have Mick call a press conference where ever he's at (Loire Valley I suspect, contray to Jerry's "TallTale's") and just make a short announcement. Have keith do a very short phone interview. ....Or, they can continue to have FRAN do the "Dirty Work"... I got a shell game to get to, gotta make some scratch, be back soon...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-11 08:00 by MicksBrain.

Date: May 11, 2006 05:06

Can you develop a bit? I don't see how issuing a statement saying Keith is out of hospital is going to avoid any financial downfall if it turns out in the end he is actually unable to recover..

Date: May 11, 2006 05:26

Look, when you have nothing to hide you don't approuch the situation the way the Stones camp has. If you're being 100% honest you just lay it all out. This whole thing has been smoke and mirrors from the very beginning. I don't know how bad of shape Keith is in (I really have no opinion if it's best case or worst case) but there seems to be way too much of a wait and see thing going on. How deep into the dates is the tour postponed? What is now the official opening date? If Keith's situation was so stable and solid they would be able to answer those questions. They can't or won't which tells me some strange stuff is going on. It's obvious, something is just not right, too much "playing it by ear" for my Detective taste....
(2 weeks from now was suppose to be Barcelona, so when does the tour really start? People plan their kids birthday party 2 weeks ahead of time, this is a bit bigger and it's still up in the air? I ain't buying it) BTW, just wanted everyone to know that those shell games are a trick. I don't know how they do it but I just lost $500 to those boys......

I don't want Keith to be messed up, I want him to be OK. BUT, What I want most of all is what John Lennon sang, "Just Gimme Some Truth". Once you know the Truth you can deal with the situation.....I can't deal with smoke and fog and mirrors and lies...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-11 05:33 by MicksBrain.

Date: May 11, 2006 05:32

MicksBrain Wrote:
>I don't know how
> they do it but I just lost $500 to those
> boys......

Maybe that's where you should have applied your "Detective taste" then.

Date: May 11, 2006 05:35

SO true... (and OF COURSE you KNOW I ain't gonna play any stupid shell game - it was a metaphor...)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-11 08:02 by MicksBrain.

Posted by: RedLight ()
Date: May 11, 2006 05:52

The problem with a concussion is that they don't really know if he's going to be back to normal in 3 weeks. He may be fine, or he may suffer nausea, dizziness and headaches when exposed to bright lights and loud volume. I hope he's ready to go in June, but the only thing they can do is wait. I'm sure they'd love to tell you "We start in Brussels" but they don't know.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-11 05:57 by RedLight.

Date: May 11, 2006 05:54

Let me just add this.When I see Mick make/read a statement that has a definitive message then I'll buy it cause then HIS reputation is on the line and I'm sure Mick doesn't want to be the next Milli Vanilli, When Fran does it they can blame all mistakes and inaccurate statements on her. She knows that, sometimes you take a bullet for the boss... (I like that, that would be a good song title "Take a bullet for the boss/Lose some wins when they're lost/use a shiny coin for the toss/every lie has it's cost")....OK, I copyright that, 2006 - MICKsBRAIN, nobody steal it for their little party band..... "BULLET FOR THE BOSS" - yeah, PURE talent....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-11 08:05 by MicksBrain.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: May 11, 2006 05:59

Ultimately, I think that Keith really is okay as the latest reports suggest. Lying about his condition would make no sense from a business standpointy...

...BUT I also agree somewhat with MicksBrain. There is still a lot of secrecy...too many cheerful platitudes being spewed, and not enough leveling with the fans. I remain cautiously optimistic, but I don't think we're being given the full story.

Date: May 11, 2006 06:09

Yeah, I'll agree with keefriff99's statement, my own opinion is pretty close to that....

Hey, let's finish this song, we need some verses - Nobody wants to share in some royalty checks?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233Next
Current Page: 28 of 33

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1827
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home