Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
B2B - Revist Its a good Record Better Than ABB
Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: April 11, 2006 14:07

Jagger sings with emotion on Always Suffering and Already Over Me.great guitar work.The record has better lyrics and guitar work over ABB.There are songs on this record that you want to learn and play cant say that about ABB.I know the
guitar work was added by Waddy W in the studio and you have to note that for the
comparison.

Re: B2B - Revist Its a good Record Better Than ABB
Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: April 11, 2006 14:14

To me there is absolutely no doubt that "B2B is by far the best album after the 89 reunion. With SW, VL and B2B they got better and better. The songs on B2B are very strong. has anyone forgotten the tour? How OOC, SOm and FTS ruled the setlist? On top of that they played Lowdown a few times, AOM, TITN, HCIS and YDHTMI. Even "Juiced" Nine songs! And they were worth it. The hooks are so much stronger than on ABB. I do see those 3 albums with a continuity and tyen ABB in a new vein.

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: April 11, 2006 14:19

I wish they played Gunface Live someday.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: April 11, 2006 14:21

Gunface has that killer slide that overdrives my stereo and Danny Saber plays a fabulous Bassline on it.

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Date: April 11, 2006 14:44

Sorry to ruin the good feeling here smiling smiley

IMO, this is one of The Stones' weakest releases of all time. Despite the production, I enjoy VL and DW far more. Songs like Flip The Switch, Gunface, MAWGJ, Too Tight (complete rip off!) and Thief In The Night don't do it for me. Don't like the sound (thin and cold), the arrangements or the songs.

BUT: The best song since Undercover Of The Night is included on B2B: How Can I Stop! This is truly a gem; well produced, honest, exciting and musically floating. I get the feel of the jazzy parts in CYHMK as well as the good soul-vibe on this one.

Other OK tracks: LowDown, Anybody Seen My Baby and Already Over Me (Great guitar by Keith on this one!)

Posted by: Tops ()
Date: April 11, 2006 14:55

The only ok songs on BTB are in my opinion You don't have To Mean It, How Can I Stop and the not too natural flowing Saint Of Me.

Out Of Control is a dead tune on the album but worked very well live.

But BTB is one of their worst album. I give it 5/10.

Posted by: Doctor Dear! ()
Date: April 11, 2006 15:11

Theif In The Night is a great tune IMO

Posted by: jumpinjackgreg ()
Date: April 11, 2006 16:31

I've been saying that it's the best record since Some Girls but anytime I dare say that I get hell from people. I would go into why I think so but I have to get ready for class. However, it is my favorite record in general and I agree that is it better than ABB. It has emotion and an attitude. Some of Mick's best songs ever, and I actually really enjoy Keith's stuff on this.

Posted by: stoned_in_dc ()
Date: April 11, 2006 16:34

i don't like it much but I LOVE you don't have to mean it...

such a good song...

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: April 11, 2006 16:34

I agree, it is a superb album. Love at first listening. Waddy added SOME guitars, not all. I can remember at the time it was received not very well.

Keith numbers are all wonderful. You don't have to mean it is what I need on a bad day, it instantly puts me on a good mood.

If there is one thing that never truly convinced me is the over praised SOM. It reminds me of Joy from Goddess.

By the way, I asked that before wit hno luck, who plays the guitars on SOM, Wood or Waddy?

C

Posted by: Rev. Robert W. ()
Date: April 11, 2006 16:51

One of the great, underrated albums going: "Thief/How Can I Stop" alone puts it well beyond "ABB," but "Out Of Control," "Juiced," and, yes, "Always Suffering" are classics. As is "Gunface."

It's a great record and the Stones knew it and acted like it by playing everything but "Too Tight" and "Suffering" during the 1997 and 1998 tours.

"Bridges" is the most adventurous and unique collection they have done since "Undercover." None of the other studio records compares for across-the-board quality or creativity.

Posted by: Tseverin ()
Date: April 11, 2006 17:29

A great underrated album & I used to say their best since 'Tattoo You' until 'ABB' came along & bettered it.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: April 11, 2006 17:31

Might as well get juiced..... enough said!

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: April 11, 2006 17:35

B2B is clearly a stronger set of songs than ABB. Aside from the insipid ASMB, there really isn't anything weak there at all, whereas ABB has more weak material than any album they've ever done, IMO.

Date: April 11, 2006 17:38

Name em?

I can't think of any on ABB as poor as Juiced, Gun Face, always suffering....

Date: April 11, 2006 17:40

RFD and SSMC are the only songs that are of the same caliber as all the B2B songs (sans ASMcool smiley.

Date: April 11, 2006 17:42

Date: April 11, 2006 17:55

I'm sure you use it all the time, mate....

Posted by: Some Girl ()
Date: April 11, 2006 17:56

In short, the 3 Keith songs suck ass, most of the other songs sucks ass, SOM and OCC are way better live, and ASMB is actually a very nice, catchy song that people are once again too biased to realize.
Can't even compare to ABB.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: April 11, 2006 18:12

the only work worthy of praise from that entire period is Mick's solo.........Wandering Spirit...........trash the rest and lets just agree that ABB is better than all those other Stones albums but not necessarily great........Under the Radar is the most underated new Stones song and perplexing as to why they buried it on the DVD

Posted by: Rev. Robert W. ()
Date: April 11, 2006 18:35

ablett Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Name em?
>
> I can't think of any on ABB as poor as Juiced, Gun
> Face, always suffering....

"Neo Con," "Look What The Cat Dragged In," "Biggest Mistake," and "Driving Too Fast" make me embarrassed for the Stones. Pitiful. ("Patriot/piece of shit?!")

But I guess that, like most "ABB" apologists, you think "they ROCK, dude."

The "B2B" tunes you just cited are masterful and interesting Stones updates of blues and country. Keith's stuff is amazing and "Out Of Control" is a classic--both on record and onstage.

"Rough Justice," "Back Of My Hand" and "Let Me Down Slow" are the only tunes on "ABB" that are up to the "Bridges" standard.

Posted by: cbtaco19 ()
Date: April 11, 2006 18:43

I have always thought that Lowdown was the underappreciated gem on this record

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: April 11, 2006 18:56

OVERALL, I prefer A Bigger Bang. I think it's a far more constant record, yet, it does'nt contain anything near as grand as Saint Of Me or Out Of Control.

Posted by: Tops ()
Date: April 11, 2006 18:58

My ratings 89 and on...

Steel wheels 5/10
Wandering Spirit 9/10
Main Offender 5/10
Voodoo Lounge 7/10
BTB 5/10
Goddess 5/10
ABB 7/10

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: April 11, 2006 21:21

Mine are:

>
> Steel Wheels 8,5/10
> Wandering Spirit 8/10
> Main Offender 6/10
> Voodoo Lounge 8,5/10
> BTB 8,5/10
> Goddess 7/10
> ABB 8,5/10

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: April 11, 2006 21:22

B2B and ABB are both pretty weak. However, the fantastic live album that B2B spawned: NO SECURITY, gives B2B the edge.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: April 11, 2006 21:43

Two great songs on B2B : Saint of Me and Out of Control, no doubt about this. But ABB contains far more than this : Let me Down Slow, Laugh I nearly died + the ones that are currently played live. I would add Sweet Neo-Con.

Posted by: Chas ()
Date: April 11, 2006 22:09

Bridges was killed by overproduction.

I only fully enjoy Lowdown and How Can I Stop? (very organic sound here--especially from Charlie).

Saint of Me is almost a good song but I hate that "Hip-Hop Lite" drum/bass beat.

Posted by: steini ()
Date: April 11, 2006 22:22

I donĀ“t understand why everybody where thrilled when ABB came out and now i here too often complaining. In my opinion ABB is the best album since Goats Head Soup, BTB is good also but talking about guitars, listen to Looked what the cat dragged in! And no fuXXing Waddy Watchtel...

Date: April 11, 2006 22:39

bottom line is that KR is practically MIA on ABB and that's just not a recipe for a good Stones album.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2239
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home