Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Carlo Little Night Of Celebration -Signed Stones Items In Auction
Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: March 24, 2006 10:33

Carlo Little - A Night of Honour & Celebration'

To be held Sunday 26th March 2006, 7.30pm at York House, Richmond Road, Twickenham, London. £10 in advance, £12 on the door. All profits to Ward 10, South Tyneside Hospital, where Carlo was a patient.

A night of music provided by Carlo's peers and friends. Dick Taylor & Phil May from The Pretty Things, Rick Parfitt from Status Quo, Gordon Haskell, Jackie Lynton, Wee Willie Harris, Vince Eager, Dave Berry, Matchbox, The Good Old Boys including Deep Purple's Nick Simper, Mike Berry, Art Wood, Mickey Waller, Mick Avory (Kinks), Tommy Bruce, John Hawken (Nashville Teens/Strawbs), The Downliners Sect, Geraint Watkins, Tonto's Horse, Paul Neon & The Saints. Other acts to be confirmed, watch this space (the Rolling Stones office have asked to be kept informed).

Buy tickets at Keith Prowse online or phone 0208 9733605 for more details. Organised by Gina & Warren from the Eel Pie Club, Richmond.

Also, DON'T MISS....
A special auction of items to be held on the night, signed donations from celebrity musicians. All proceeds to Ward 10, South Tyneside Hospital to be used on improving facilities for terminally ill patients and their visiting families

A pair of Carlo's drumsticks donated by his family

A pair of VIP tickets to see the Rolling Stones at any UK venue of your choice during the current tour

Signed drumsticks, album, football shirt and photo donated by Charlie Watts

Keith Richards guitar pick and signed rare albums

A signed t-shirt, album and book from ALL the Rolling Stones!!! This lot and the ones above have been organised by the Rolling Stones' office in London.

A signed programme from Jeff Beck

Signed CDs from singers Chris Farlow and Gordon Haskell

Signed rare George Harrison book from well-known music biographer Alan Clayson

A pile of 60's music cds donated by DJ Dell Richardson from Radio Caroline

Brand new harmonicas and a signed CD donated by Nicky Hopkins' biographer and musician Julian Dawson

PLUS...
A special showing of footage of Carlo with the Cyril Davies

Re: Carlo Little Night Of Celebration -Signed Stones Items In Auction
Date: March 27, 2006 10:37

a good night.......even Wee Wille Harris!-
he's gotta be 85, but was still rocking.
Pretty Things were great, and The Carlo Little All-Stars nailed Brown Sugar.

Stones fully signed 'Bigger Bang' t-shirt went for £775 sterling and the vip ticket package, for any one of the UK dates, went for just under a grand.
Lots of money raised for a good cause.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 27, 2006 10:45

Adrian-L Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> a good night.......even Wee Wille Harris!-
> he's gotta be 85, but was still rocking.
> Pretty Things were great, and The Carlo Little
> All-Stars nailed Brown Sugar.
>
> Stones fully signed 'Bigger Bang' t-shirt went
> for £775 sterling and the vip ticket package, for
> any one of the UK dates, went for just under a
> grand.
> Lots of money raised for a good cause.

And I wasn't there ............... Grrrrr !!!

Still, thanks for the report, sounds like it was a good night. Was Art Wood in attendance ?

Date: March 27, 2006 11:18

Hi Guys,

I think the 'Bigger Bang' signed t-shirt ended up going for around £950.00.....the 'auctioneer' was finding it hard to keep track! The guy who bought it was standing next to me. He also bought the 'exclusive' Keith CDs (Talk is Cheap and Main Offender), which turned out to have 'promotional copy - not for resale' stickers on them and that was it! The BB Promo CD with guitar pick was quite cool though!

Art came on at the end for the finale, were there 5 or 6 guitars on stage by that time?! A great evening, especially the 'Not Fade Away' two drummers battle!

Date: March 27, 2006 11:28

did you see the guy in the audience, with the camcorder?
he filmed the whole show! his arm must ache this morning!-
i hope he torrents it on the web- was a great evening.

The tall guy, who seemed to be having great success in the auction, was working in tandem with his mate, wasn't he?

The fabulous 'drum duel ' you refer to during 'Not Fade Away', featured the legendary Micky Waller - he pounded them skins, whilst still wearing his overcoat and scarf! cool dude.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-03-27 11:29 by Adrian-L.

Posted by: percystokes ()
Date: March 27, 2006 16:13

Wish I could have been there....Tell me Adrian , did The Pretty Things do a set on their own and what did they play?.....oh and do you know if they have any more gigs lined up in the near future??

Date: March 27, 2006 16:26

sorry Percy for the misinformation- it wasn't The Pretty Things, in their entirety, but Phil May and Dick Taylor as a duo.

They played "Rosalyn", and a blues, slide guitar-based number, which i'm ashamed to say, i didn't recognise.
As you would expect, their all-too short set, was fabulous.

Posted by: percystokes ()
Date: March 27, 2006 16:58

Cheers for the info Adrian....as I said wish I could have made the show..were their many people there?..I always considered The Pretty things to be the next best thing to The Stones...Man, they were so wild back in the early sixties...have you seen this?!

love to see them play again......last time I saw them was in the Marquee back in 82.

Date: March 27, 2006 17:17

Thanks- i hadn't seen that clip.
Great band- didn't get the breaks.

I'd guess at 500-700 people there last night, by the time of the auction
(half way through show at 9pm)

The show was over-running, and being a sunday night,(people having to work next day and notorious Sunday public transport) the crowd had thinned-out, by the time The Nashville teens hit the stage at 10.45pm.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1402
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home