Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

LONG LOST 2002 DOUBLE STONES ALBUM
Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: March 23, 2006 03:28

If you're interested in putting together the Stones Album that got away in 2002 / 2003 - between B2B and ABB - (a new TATTOO YOU style album - double this time) here's my version of what it could look like. All these songs (except one) have been officially released in one place or another. Not every song has the entire band on it but most do.I might have missed one or two but this is how I would do it (old vinyl style - 4 sides):

SIDE ONE: Stealing My Heart / Don't Stop / Keys To Your Love / Losing my Touch (Keith) / Blue** / The Storm

SIDE TWO: Jump On Top Of Me / So Young / I'm Gonna Drive / Keys To The Highway (Keith) / Wish I'd Never Meet You / If I Was A Dancer (Dance Part 2)

SIDE THREE: High Wire / Everythings Turning To Gold / Cook Cook Blues / Fancyman Blues / Sex Drive / Think I'm Going Mad

SIDE FOUR: Trouble No More*/ Don't Start Me Talkin'*/ Goin' Away Baby*/ My Good Thing***/ Any Way You Look At It / Saint Of Me (remix, extended version)

* Jagger and Richards / ** Jagger Solo but VERY Stones sounding / *** Only song off of Boot. Fantastic Quality, Jagger guests as singer at a live show with ??

"Through The Lonely Nights" can be added or substituted where ever you want (felt it fits better added on to GHS as bonus track. But you can say DANCE 2 belongs on ER as a bonus track if one follows the same logic).
I've left off any extra live songs that have come out officially on singles and anything on Bootlegs except for the one song included and noted. Almost everything is post STEEL WHEELS except DANCER/GOLD/GOING MAD/.

So in the tradition of "TATTOO YOU" which had taken leftover songs from the previous decade + a few new ones here's "TATTOO YOU 2" Any other songs I've missed?

Re: LONG LOST 2002 DOUBLE STONES ALBUM
Date: March 23, 2006 04:05

Come on man, any thoughts AT ALL ???

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: March 23, 2006 04:14

Everything's Turning To Gold would have to be REALLY cleaned up to fit with the way their records sound today. I don't know if its possilbe.

Posted by: gut ()
Date: March 23, 2006 04:19

Where you can you get "Think I'm Going Mad" on cd?

I've got the vinyl b-side which I try to keep in good shape, but I need something else.

#......Go ahead....Bite the Big Apple....Don't mind the Maggots.....Uh Huh...#

Date: March 23, 2006 04:19

Yeah, that one can be dropped I think - tack it on to Emotional Rescue as a bonus track - isn't it from the "Some Girls" sessions ?

Date: March 23, 2006 04:33

MicksBrain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah, that one can be dropped I think - tack it on
> to Emotional Rescue as a bonus track - isn't it
> from the "Some Girls" sessions ?

i believe so. I believe it was the B side to shattered when it came out as a single.

Date: March 23, 2006 04:35

Yeah, wish I never met you would have been a good blues to add to an album.

Date: March 23, 2006 04:50

gut, TIGM is still only on vinyl I believe (would have been a good one on Rarities) I also have it on a boot CD but there's plenty of pops so, no luck so far....

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 23, 2006 04:51

MicksBrain.....well if ya can cheat a lil with My Good Thing by Mick then maybe ya could add Keith's cover of the Hank William's tune You Win Again where he takes it from a standing start and builds to an Otis style Stax/Volt blow-out.

Then if ya wanna push it just a lil more then dont forget the Glimmer's work with Peter Wolf especially Mick's Exile feel on Nothing But The Wheel...plus there's Jimmy Rogers....BB King...Hubert Sumlin material.

Timeless - Lost Highway Records 170 239-2

ROCKMAN

Date: March 23, 2006 04:57

ROCKMAN, Is the Peter Wolf one really good? Haven't heard it...How about the "Alfie" songs, ANYTHING good on there? Hank Williams sounds good, will have to get that...BB KING I have and forgot about...

Date: March 23, 2006 04:58

===gut, TIGM is still only on vinyl I believe (would have been a good one on Rarities) I also have it on a boot CD but there's plenty of pops so, no luck so far....===

Yeah, its a great song for just kicking back and wallowing in Stones blues misery....done it several times...why in the hell they don't re-release these great songs like this is a mystery to me.

Posted by: Some Girl ()
Date: March 23, 2006 05:00

MicksBrain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
*** Only song off of Boot.
> Fantastic Quality, Jagger guests as singer at a
> live show with ??

You mean the thing with Gary Moore?

That thing is AWESOME.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 23, 2006 05:05

The Peter Wolf Sleepless is a great album ...one of the best from eeeerrr 2002 without looking....Keith helps out on a Sonny Boy Williamson track but Micks Exile style backing vocals take the cake....great liner about Keith setting up for session....dont hesitate go get it...!!

ROCKMAN

Date: March 23, 2006 05:19

ROCKMAN, have it on my list, Thanx..gotta go to Tower soon, get some new stuff

Some Girl, Yeah , I think that's it. It's live but they start it the second the music starts so audience noise is not present, does that sound like it?

gut, I think the reason is NO ONE REALLY CARES. You know Keith doesn't think about it, EVER and Mick seems to have strange problems with the past (reading about the Mick Taylor edit on the Dick Cavett DVD - so silly, to worry about stuff that long ago....) I mean Rarities takes a rare one off of Sucking in the 70's, that makes NO SENSE.....

Date: March 23, 2006 05:23

======gut, I think the reason is NO ONE REALLY CARES. You know Keith doesn't think about it, EVER and Mick seems to have strange problems with the past (reading about the Mick Taylor edit on the Dick Cavett DVD - so silly, to worry about stuff that long ago....) I mean Rarities takes a rare one off of Sucking in the 70's, that makes NO SENSE.....======

Such apathy is what has and will continue to be killing their creativity into the near future. Jagger's got issues too, that he needs to get over.

Date: March 23, 2006 05:30

I don't get this Mick Taylor problem. That was SO long ago , how can that still bug him? Crazy sh*t IMO. They put "Lonely Nights" on Rarities and that's pretty Mick Taylorish - has that GHS sound to it. This must be why Ladies and Gentlemen is not out for us to enjoy....silly, silly , sh*t...Put Wyman in charge, he's good with organization....gotta go eat, be back later...

Date: March 23, 2006 05:40

I don't get all the controversey over Taylor....he was a fantstic guitar player, a rich piece of the tapestry in a loooong history...31 years ago. Live and let live

Posted by: john r ()
Date: March 24, 2006 00:20

I don't think the issue is Taylor - good Wood-era stuff was left off Rarities too - but the RS need a committed & intelligent archivist or team. Like the Dead have, for example.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2042
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home