Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

O.T- Small Faces classic album to be re-released
Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: March 23, 2006 13:04

NME.COM:-

'Ogdens' Nut Gone Flake' is out in June
The Small Faces are set to reissue their seminal 1968 concept album.

'Ogdens' Nut Gone Flake' will be re-released in a three-CD deluxe edition circular metal tin on June 5 through Sanctuary.

The package will contain the stereo mix of the LP, a companion mono version and a further CD of BBC Radio 1's 'Classic Albums' documentary on the making of the band.

Originally transmitted in 1989, the last bonus disc features interviews with all four band members, the late Steve Marriott and Ronnie Lane with Ian McLagan and Kenney Jones.

Featuring such tracks as 'Lazy Sunday', 'Song Of A Baker' and 'Rollin' Over', the second half of 'Ogdens' Nut Gone Flake' also featured a narration from comic Stanley Unwin, which punctuated songs following songs following the quest of Happiness Stan to find the missing half of the moon.

Re: O.T- Small Faces classic album to be re-released
Posted by: humanriff77 ()
Date: March 23, 2006 15:18

Isnt it typical that the record company want to make some money out of the Small Faces now Steve Marriott is long gone. No one remembers that he was forced to kill a horse on his land in the late seventies just to have something to eat to survive.

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: March 23, 2006 19:38

Poor Stevie,

Just when he & Peter Frampton were about ready to revive: Humble Pie
he dies in a fire trying to retreve his favorite guitar....

So Sad!!

MLC

Posted by: Tseverin ()
Date: March 23, 2006 19:47

I heard he fell asleep smoking in bed!

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: March 23, 2006 22:24

Tseverin,

Nope - story was his house caught on fire, he got out with his wife then thought
about his favorite Ax (guitar) still inside, and for whatever reason when in after it and ended up dying.. This was relayed by Peter Frampton who had been
working in the studio with Stevie. (3) of their songs made it on one of Peter's
releases, 5 or so years ago.

MLC

Posted by: john r ()
Date: March 23, 2006 23:47

Ogden's is a killer album, but I wasn't thrilled by Fuel 2000's rather bass-shy transfer. Best I've heard that album is the 8 trax on disc 2 (the Immediate years) of the Sanctuary "Ultimate Collection" compilation issued in 2003. The Decca stuff also shreds the '97 Deram transfers as well (and the entire debut is included on disc 1).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1464
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home