Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
OT- How much do you pay for gas for your car?
Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 21, 2006 18:52

How much are you paying for gasoline in your area? With the US not being on the metric system for fuel we still use the gallon. I'm not sure of the metric equivalent but in Buffalo NY in my part of the city we pay

$2.49 a gallon for unleaded.

One of my cars is a 2006 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 6cyl. and averages 11-12 mpg

Re: OT- How much do you pay for gas for your car?
Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: March 21, 2006 18:55

Illinois sucks for gas prices. 2.59 or 45 to fill up!

Posted by: Chas ()
Date: March 21, 2006 19:07

$2.89/gallon: Oakland, CA

Posted by: micwer ()
Date: March 21, 2006 19:11

This got to be the weirdest post ever.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: March 21, 2006 19:15

Firstly its called petrol dear boy and secondly you wanna try living here in blighty...... then ur talking petrol prices!!!!

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: March 21, 2006 19:16

Yo Sicilian, HOW THE F*CK SHOULD I KNOW !!! My Chauffer handles all of that !! Don't give me a F*CKING HEADACHE !!!

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: March 21, 2006 19:17

You are all very lucky to have CHEAP petrol/gas !

must be at least $7.50 per gallon in the UK ! NO JOKE !

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: March 21, 2006 19:18

Bush Didn't Bungle Iraq, You Fools
THE MISSION WAS INDEED ACCCOMPLISHED
The Guardian
Monday, March 20, 2006
by Greg Palast

Get off it. All the carping, belly-aching and complaining about George Bush's incompetence in Iraq, from both the Left and now the Right, is just dead wrong.

On the third anniversary of the tanks rolling over Iraq's border, most of the 59 million Homer Simpsons who voted for Bush are beginning to doubt if his mission was accomplished.

But don't kid yourself -- Bush and his co-conspirator, Dick Cheney, accomplished exactly what they set out to do. In case you've forgotten what their real mission was, let me remind you of White House spokesman Ari Fleisher's original announcement, three years ago, launching of what he called,

"Operation

Iraqi

Liberation."

O.I.L. How droll of them, how cute. Then, Karl Rove made the giggling boys in the White House change it to "OIF" -- Operation Iraqi Freedom. But the 101st Airborne wasn't sent to Basra to get its hands on Iraq's OIF.

"It's about oil," Robert Ebel told me. Who is Ebel? Formerly the CIA's top oil analyst, he was sent by the Pentagon, about a month before the invasion, to a secret confab in London with Saddam's former oil minister to finalize the plans for "liberating" Iraq's oil industry. In London, Bush's emissary Ebel also instructed Ibrahim Bahr al-Ulum, the man the Pentagon would choose as post-OIF oil minister for Iraq, on the correct method of disposing Iraq's crude.

And what did the USA want Iraq to do with Iraq's oil? The answer will surprise many of you: and it is uglier, more twisted, devilish and devious than anything imagined by the most conspiracy-addicted blogger. The answer can be found in a 323-page plan for Iraq's oil secretly drafted by the State Department. Our team got a hold of a copy; how, doesn't matter. The key thing is what's inside this thick Bush diktat: a directive to Iraqis to maintain a state oil company that will "enhance its relationship with OPEC."

Enhance its relationship with OPEC??? How strange: the government of the United States ordering Iraq to support the very OPEC oil cartel which is strangling our nation with outrageously high prices for crude.

Specifically, the system ordered up by the Bush cabal would keep a lid on Iraq's oil production -- limiting Iraq's oil pumping to the tight quota set by Saudi Arabia and the OPEC cartel.

There you have it. Yes, Bush went in for the oil -- not to get more of Iraq's oil, but to prevent Iraq producing too much of it.

You must keep in mind who paid for George's ranch and Dick's bunker: Big Oil. And Big Oil -- and their buck-buddies, the Saudis -- don't make money from pumping more oil, but from pumping less of it. The lower the supply, the higher the price.

It's Economics 101. The oil industry is run by a cartel, OPEC, and what economists call an "oligopoly" -- a tiny handful of operators who make more money when there's less oil, not more of it. So, every time the "insurgents" blow up a pipeline in Basra, every time Mad Mahmoud in Tehran threatens to cut supply, the price of oil leaps. And Dick and George just love it.

Dick and George didn't want more oil from Iraq, they wanted less. I know some of you, no matter what I write, insist that our President and his Veep are on the hunt for more crude so you can cheaply fill your family Hummer; that somehow, these two oil-patch babies are concerned that the price of gas in the USA is bumping up to $3 a gallon.

Not so, gentle souls. Three bucks a gallon in the States (and a quid a litre in Britain) means colossal profits for Big Oil, and that makes Dick's ticker go pitty-pat with joy. The top oily-gopolists, the five largest oil companies, pulled in $113 billion in profit in 2005 -- compared to a piddly $34 billion in 2002 before Operation Iraqi Liberation. In other words, it's been a good war for Big Oil.

As per Plan Bush, Bahr Al-Ulum became Iraq's occupation oil minister; the conquered nation "enhanced its relationship with OPEC;" and the price of oil, from Clinton peace-time to Bush war-time, shot up 317%.

In other words, on the third anniversary of invasion, we can say the attack and occupation is, indeed, a Mission Accomplished. However, it wasn't America's mission, nor the Iraqis'. It was a Mission Accomplished for OPEC and Big Oil.

On June 6, Penguin Dutton will release Greg Palast's new book, Armed Madhouse: Dispatches from the Front Lines of the Class War. Order it here today. View his investigative reports for Harper's Magazine and BBC television's Newsnight at www.GregPalast.com.

Date: March 21, 2006 19:19

Ya but you have Madonna and we have Bush so it balances out.....

Date: March 21, 2006 19:23

RIGHT ON Beelyboy !!! THE TRUTH WILL SET US FREE !!!

Date: March 21, 2006 19:25

straycatuk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You are all very lucky to have CHEAP petrol/gas !
>
> must be at least $7.50 per gallon in the UK ! NO
> JOKE !

$7.50 a gallon you must be kidding. Is that in US dollars? and gallons?

Posted by: Buddha66 ()
Date: March 21, 2006 19:29

Here in eastern Canada the fol prices:

unleaded: 1.06 Cdn/liter = $3.44 USD/US gal = 0.75 Euro/liter = 0.520 GBP/liter
diesel: .999 Cdn/liter = $3.24 USD/US gal = 0.709 Euro/liter = 0.49 GBP/liter

Date: March 21, 2006 19:31

Sicilian, the gang over in Europe doesn't drive GIANT F*CKING SUV's AND "YANK TANKS" !!! They drive 4 cyl economical cars in general - it's called foresight and conservation, maybe America will discover those someday. Also, alot of the extra cost in those prices are Government taxes.

Date: March 21, 2006 19:32

Beelyboy,

I got an "A" in micro and macroeconomics. I hear ya dude. You don't need to convince me, only idiots would believe otherwise.

Let's not forget the natural gas industry too. Those f*cks are still charging us for Katrina. Get this, inventories are at their highest levels ever, so why is the price of natural gas doubled?

Date: March 21, 2006 19:35

Sicilian, cause in BUSHWORLD big industry gets away with MURDER...ask ENRON...

Posted by: Tekumseh ()
Date: March 21, 2006 19:37

In Norway where we pump up oil for billions of dollars each year, we pay from 5$ to 6$/gallon. Today it was 6$. (11,95 NOK/litre)

The high price is because of the taxes, and yes, we're one of the richest lands in the world, but I make 200.000 NOK per year (26700$) and 50.000 goes directly to taxes (6700$)

For a pack of 20 cigarettes we pay 8,7$
For a box (5 dl/pint) of beer (4,5 % alc) we pay 25 NOK = 3,3$, but out on a pub or a disco -WHERE we're NOT allowed to SMOKE- we pay about 8$ for a pint of beer.

A bottle of Jack Daniel's Whiskey (and anything else stronger than beer) is only sold on a special licker-store (open 10:00 to 17:00) and costs about 300 NOK = 40$

It's nothing but crazy.

Date: March 21, 2006 19:42

I know Tekumseh, I've been to Oslo and Bergen and the Alcohol IS EXPENSIVE....but the beer is damn good (and the girls...)

Date: March 21, 2006 19:44

Yes, the girls are the only thing you can enjoy that's not expensive here. smiling smiley

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 21, 2006 19:45

I don't have a sportscar, and I don't care about having one.
I can walk around the block any time.

Date: March 21, 2006 19:49

Not expensive and SO pretty....can't be beat !! Let me ask you, they said on the news here (USA) that the Government is putting a lot of oil profits away (in the bank I guess) for the future youth of Norway, education and things like that. Have you heard about this? Is it true?

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: March 21, 2006 19:50

$2.63 a gallon in gorgeous and sunny Sarasota, Florida

Date: March 21, 2006 19:55

Rip This, Yeah but you got Satan's bro as your Governor so that takes of a few points.....

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 21, 2006 19:58

Yes, MicksBrain, they're saving it up for the children of the revolution. There's billions in the bank. Good thing that Ronnie Biggs isn't a norwegian.

Date: March 21, 2006 19:59

That's OFF (not of)...plus I forgot to mention Kathrine Harris...more points gone...

Date: March 21, 2006 20:01

Yes that's right.

I must say I don't know what they're saving the money for.

In 2005 we earned about 200.000.000.000 NOK (= 26.700.000.000$) And most of it is put away in some oilfond.

They've estimated that in 2010 we'll have about 1.000.000 NOK per inhabitant in Norway (and we're about 4,5 million people).

But if we use of the money they say we will have inflation and higher interests on our loans and so on. I don't know. I'm just a stupid worker.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: March 21, 2006 20:02

MicksBrain........I'll have you know we have survived worse.........the congresswoman is non other than...........Kathleen Harris...........dohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Date: March 21, 2006 20:02

Ah Erik, a T. Rex fan I see.....Jeepster, ALRIGHT !! LOVE Bolan...(RIP)

Date: March 21, 2006 20:08

Rip This...oh man, my Sympathy bro......So very sorry....Whoa...

Tekumseh, Sounds complicated (but I'm sure your Government is more honest than ours), still a nice country though

Posted by: Promoman ()
Date: March 21, 2006 20:15

I tank gasoline. It will be over 2 euro's a liter I guess. I never look at the numbers.

Posted by: atip ()
Date: March 21, 2006 20:22

MicksBrain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sicilian, the gang over in Europe doesn't drive
> GIANT F*CKING SUV's AND "YANK TANKS" !!! They
> drive 4 cyl economical cars in general - it's
> called foresight and conservation, maybe America
> will discover those someday. Also, alot of the
> extra cost in those prices are Government taxes.

Foresight, my as*! Gas prices in most of Europe have always sucked because the gov't taxes it so much. That's a big reason you have small cars. Also, your cities and towns were all built way b4 cars, so the infrastructure can't really support America's big vehicles to maneuver the narrow streets. And, if Europe had that much conservation in mind, the number of cars on the roads wouldn't have exploded over the past 30 years. I do wish my 3 1/2 ton, 30-gallon Ford truck, w/ it's 5.4 liter wasn't such a greedy bugger!

What the hell this has to do w/ the Stones, I don't know.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1723
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home