Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: New INXS - Love, Like, or Hate?
Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: March 11, 2006 21:27

What are your thoughts on the new singer? Have you heard the new CD? Did you like them with M.H.?

Re: OT: New INXS - Love, Like, or Hate?
Posted by: Some Girl ()
Date: March 11, 2006 21:33

... I think there's just way too many good bands/artists out there to bother with INXS, old or new.

Although hearing that M.H. asphyxiated himself did make me go "...damn..." back in '97.

Posted by: stonestom ()
Date: March 11, 2006 21:46

Hate

Date: March 11, 2006 21:49

You Kids are Harsh man.....

Posted by: livewithme ()
Date: March 11, 2006 23:09

I actually enjoyed the TV show to pick the singer. They had lots of talented singers. They played more covers of non INXS songs then INXS music.
I would have to hear something really interesting on the radio or whereever to make me even think about buying their new album.

Date: March 12, 2006 00:10

INXS without Mike Hutchence (sp) is like a handleless axe without the blade. They were always more of a backup unit to him. It's hype all the way and yet it's working. The singer is actually from this side of Canada.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: March 12, 2006 01:26

I loved them.

Some supurb singles and a couple of great albums (especially Kick & Elegantly Wasted).
Hutchence was a fantastic singer and frontman.

I think they were an excellent combination of rock and pop.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: March 12, 2006 01:35

Hutchence was a great frontman, saw them 3-4 times in their prime- they rocked

....INXS died when he died.

Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: March 12, 2006 02:28

Hate....the remaining members of INXS should not have done this to their legacy...the rock star crap....perhaps if they invested their previous earnings more prudently

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: March 12, 2006 03:29

I was never that crazy about them (I like a few songs), but I look at it this way: they could either tour with a new singer or not at all. I'm glad for people who want to see them that they're touring, although I don't plan on going.

Posted by: Stones89 ()
Date: March 12, 2006 03:44

I like some songs like Never Tear Us Apart. However, Michael Hutchence is definitely missed. I'm not too big on J.D. Fortune either despite him being a fellow Canadian. Just my opinion.

Posted by: kienan ()
Date: March 12, 2006 04:35

I liked the old INXS. Saw them a few times, great live band. Bought the new one.......hear worse.

Posted by: Tom Petty ()
Date: March 12, 2006 05:37

they should give it up, they are embarrassing

Posted by: kienan ()
Date: March 12, 2006 06:10

I posted.... hear worst. Meant, heard worst. Need a new keyboard! Still, INXS along with Midnight Oil, are two Aussie bands that I have enjoyed thru the years. Hard for a group to replace a frontman like Michael Hutchence. Can't see U2, Stones, Zeppelin, The Who among others with a new frontman. A new name perhaps? ENXS.........

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 12, 2006 07:17

ROCKMAN

Date: March 12, 2006 15:51

Damn Rockman, You have a shot for EVERY topic - that's great. I'm gonna have to think up some rare stuff from the old memory banks.

As far as INXS goes. LOVED the old version with Michael Hutchence - saw them once in LA on the KICK tour (one tour prior to the Giant Wembley show on DVD) and he WAS a fantastic performer (a little bit Mick, a little bit Morrison). After he passed and the band tried many dif. singers (including T.T. D'Arby which I thought might have worked.) I figured it was over cause, as someone said above, it's VERY hard to replace a great frontman. I gotta say though that in my mind, this new guy J.D. Fortune really, surprisingly works. The new CD Dual Disc kicks off with 3 super strong songs (Devil's Party, Pretty Vegas, Afterglow - beautiful song about Hutchence) that stand up to any of the old ones. I'm surprised cause I was expecting for it to be crap. I'm happy that the band has another chance to record and tour again since they were really innocent victims in this whole sad affair with Hutchence, Paula Yates, and Geldoff. If you can do it - not too anti INXS, I'd give the band and CD a chance. It's nice to see a good, hard working band get a second choice IMHO - so many fall by the way side after a giant disaster like INXS suffered.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2060
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home