Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Rock and Roll Reunions
Posted by: Jackass ()
Date: March 7, 2006 22:04

Okay, I know about the Who this year. A while back I read about pink Floyd and Zep on this board but I'm sure that's wishfull thinking. Any others this year? I've heard something about the Black Crowes, and i know about the bogus Queen thing going on. Anything else I should be excited about in 2006? I used to really like the Eagles but that's boring me now. Can't bring myself to watch the DVD's for some reason.

On another front, how about recent or upcoming dvd releases?

Re: Rock and Roll Reunions
Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: March 7, 2006 22:09

Queen, Floyd, Zep, yeah that about sums it up.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: March 7, 2006 22:11

and van halen will be on rockstar searching for a singer.

Date: March 7, 2006 22:14

But there is no truth to the floyd and zep rumours is there?

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: March 7, 2006 22:16

J.J.Flash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
and van halen will be on rockstar searching for a singer.

Did you guys see that picture of Eddie Van Halen from the other night? OMG! And they say Keith looks bad (those bastards!)

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: March 7, 2006 22:17

I heard Waters is touring by himself.

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: March 7, 2006 22:20

Van Halen.. forget about it this year.. it's sad though. Eddie, Alex and Michael Anthony are great.. Sammy Hagar was still good in my opinion.. he was a little more "mature".

Date: March 7, 2006 22:21

My god! That can't possibly be Eddie? No, don't believe it. Where was that shot taken and who is it really? If it is him and I don't believe it is no wonder she divorced the freak. Wow, that's one ugly dude.

Date: March 7, 2006 22:22

That last wretched cd by Van Halen was truly awful and embarrassing. I've heard that DLR will be back eventually.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: March 7, 2006 22:23

Man, Eddie Van Halen is looking rough! Sort of like Ozzy's less attractive cousin (not that the Oz is winning any beauty contests himself these days).

It would be nice if Van Halen got a decent lead singer and toured again. I never cared for the Sammy Hagar version of the band too much, but I'd like to hear the band play their early stuff again.

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: March 7, 2006 22:24

Jackass Wrote:
> My god! That can't possibly be Eddie? No, don't
> believe it. Where was that shot taken and who is
> it really? If it is him and I don't believe it is
> no wonder she divorced the freak. Wow, that's one
> ugly dude.

might have somethin to do with him havin cancer.....don't think he wanted it that way

Date: March 7, 2006 22:25

Jackass Wrote:
> But there is no truth to the floyd and zep rumours
> is there?

There's no truth to the Zep rumour. Plant is touring by himself behind a fantastic new album.

No truth to the Floyd rumour either. Gilmor has a new album and is touring as himself with Floyd keyboardist Rick Wright, and Waters is going to tour as himself with Floyd drummer Nick Mason and do Dark Side of the Moon live from start to finish.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: March 7, 2006 22:26

Sammy Hagar and Michael Anthony are touring this summer as "The other half".

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: March 7, 2006 22:29

The whole VH Rockstar rumour is not true. DLR mentioned on his radio show that he would be interested in a reunion tour, but only one that goes on for three months or so. He said that's probably all that they'd be able to put up with each other. Sammy said that on their reunion tour a couple years back, that they weren't even talking by the end of the tour and he didn't have very flattering things to say about Eddie. Looking at that picture posted, it looks like Eddie may have gone off the deep end!
Hopefully he can get his shit together and VH continue on. At this point, I think all anyone wants to see is a reunion tour with DLR.
As I've stated here in the past, if Mick and Keith can put aside their differences, then surely DLR and Eddie can.

How about a Faces reunion once this tour is over?

Date: March 7, 2006 22:39

I hear Genesis is kicking around ideas with Gabreial(sp)
The new INXS looks like and INXS cover band. (i kinda feel sorry for them)

whos left to reunite with all original members?
all i can think of right now is the Police and Van Halen
and they will both reunite someday

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-03-07 22:42 by Donkey Girl Scout.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: March 7, 2006 22:41

Police drummer Stewie Copeland would be busy with
reunitin' "Doors" wouldnt he?

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: March 7, 2006 22:41

Leonard Keringer Wrote:

might have somethin to do with him havin cancer.....don't think he wanted it that way

Yeah, it's really sad. I was actually stunned in disbelief when I first saw this. There were other pics too, but I can't find them right now. It was from some party on Sunday night. Must've been some Oscar thing.

There were people saying that he is still smoking. I don't understand that. It must be hard for his son to see him slowly killing himself.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: March 7, 2006 22:42

hopin' we'll hear about a Phish reunion of these years....

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: March 7, 2006 22:44

that pic of EVH is classic. but the recent ones of DLR are at least equally amusing

they should reform as VAN HAGGARD and be done with it

Date: March 7, 2006 23:25

Baboon Bro Wrote:
> Police drummer Stewie Copeland would be busy with
> reunitin' "Doors" wouldnt he?

He was supposed to be part of it but had a falling out with them early into it and they replaced him. And the reunion is over now anyway. Ian Astbury is back to the Cult and the remaining Doors are spending their tour money, I suppose.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: March 7, 2006 23:28

Manzarek has said there will be more tours - was in the local paper here the other day (he lives nearby in Norcal)

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: March 8, 2006 02:02

the Doors of the 21st Century are continuing under the name Riders On the Storm. They have European tour dates booked for April. Ian Astbury is also performing with The Cult in the US this month.

Alice In Chains have reunited and will tour later this year. The article I read said it was unclear on who their singer will be.

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: March 9, 2006 01:49

I just read that the 4 original members (Wetton, Howe, Downes, Palmer) of Asia are reuniting for a new album and tour to celebrate the 25th anniversary of their founding.

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: March 9, 2006 04:19

The only way Van Halen makes any noise is a reunion with David Lee Roth. Besides that nobody cares about them at this point. Sad thing is they killed themselves with the whole lead singer thing.

Posted by: Glass Slide ()
Date: March 15, 2006 03:23

James Kirk Wrote:
> The only way Van Halen makes any noise is a
> reunion with David Lee Roth. Besides that nobody
> cares about them at this point. Sad thing is they
> killed themselves with the whole lead singer
> thing.

BINGO--I am uncertain as to the amount of buzz they would generate even with DLR, especially if there was no new music to accompany it--which would be a transparent money grab. Besides, the animus between Eddie and DLR is WAY WAY worse, then anything Mick and Keith ever went through.

Eddie appears to really be having a rough go of it for all the reasons already mentioned. You can tell that he is kind of off, because the guitar magazines which could not go a calendar yr w/o some sort of feature on him (new record or not) have been totally silent. He appears to be really under the influence of this "therapist" or whoever this person is--in his last interview (2004) he was saying things like "God put your eyes in the front of your head for a reason" and similar things. If you remember all the great interviews he did in the past, this was not the same person.

Yes, he still smokes, if you can believe it.......I, for one, cannot.
So sad.

Posted by: stonedmike ()
Date: March 15, 2006 03:49

Wow eddie looks older than Keith!

Posted by: Jed Clever ()
Date: March 15, 2006 04:06

Get this: the Cars are reforming and calling themselves the "New Cars" with Todd Rundgren at the helm instead of the tall freaky guy, and some of the guys from Blondie. No kiddin'.

Posted by: stonedmike ()
Date: March 15, 2006 05:02

None of these reunions sounds any good at all and most are not happening anyway thank god

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: March 15, 2006 06:22

Hopefully none. Van Halen is toast(Eddie is a friggin' mess) and no more Pinky. Zep is done and the Eagles will be soon. Queen with Paul Rodgers? Ya gotta be kidding! Looks like guys in their 60's still rocking ain't that bad after all.

Date: March 15, 2006 21:07

Halup Wrote:
> the Doors of the 21st Century are continuing under
> the name Riders On the Storm. They have European
> tour dates booked for April. Ian Astbury is also
> performing with The Cult in the US this month.
>
> Alice In Chains have reunited and will tour later
> this year. The article I read said it was unclear
> on who their singer will be.

I'm glad to hear Manzarek and Kreiger are changing the name (only because Densmore sued and won, but still). The never should have called it the Doors or anything with the word Doors in it. It is a Doors cover band with two original members, just like the psuedo-CCR and psuedo-Cars bands that are touring.

Is Ian Astbury still their singer, or are they gonna get somebody else?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1845
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home