Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Getting VERY upset with www.rollingstones.com on the subject of REFUNDS
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: February 14, 2006 20:27

I don't know about anyone else, but it is OVER TWO MONTHS since I applied for refunds for 2 x $100 memberships due to finding that on the day there was no necessity to buy/use a code to get tickets for shows I wanted. No refunds have come through as yet to my VISA card, and I cannot get anyone at www.rollingstones.com to respond to a simple e-mail enquiry in which I ask for nothing more than an indication of when the refunds might eventually come through. I make no apology for not being able to cope very well when being treated with such obvious disdain, and I do find myself now officially very very angry. I just do not think the way this website/organisation is carrying on to be acceptable; NOT when they so readily take one's money.

I would appreciate some constructive input from other people, because I find myself so angered in the present situation that I am steadily lurching towards taking quite a drastic course of action; namely to open up a big can of worms by registering a complaint through ALTERNATIVE channels - the press and/or government regulatory bodies.

Does anyone else feel as aggrieved as I, and if so - any suggestions for a suitable course of action would be greatly welcomed.

Sorry folks, call it a "sense of humour failure" if you like, but this kind of carry on by www.rollingstones.com does overstep the mark I feel, and I really do think that they deserve to be rebuked for the way they're operating. It is not professional, it is not fair, and it makes a mockery of everything they purport to be.

If Bjornulf reads this, perhaps he would like to comment. I am a lifelong Stones fan, I saw them 3 times in the States and I'll see them over a dozen times in Europe. I have spent, and will continue to spend - thousands of $$$$$$$ on them; seeing their shows and buying their merchandise etc. And for the sake of a stupid $200 and an e-mail response or two, the organisation through which they market their wares are succeeding in alienating me and making me SO angry that I feel as if I want what they truly deserve is to be painted in a truly horrible light through the worst kind of exposuire a critical media can give them.

Maybe IORR as an organisation could put some pressure on them to behave in the appropriate fashion ?

Thanks for reading.

Re: Getting VERY upset with www.rollingstones.com on the subject of REFUNDS
Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: February 14, 2006 21:29

The same thing happend to me. No responses at all - I only got the refund after I contacted my credit card company. They wanted proof that RS.com had a guarantee and they also wanted proof that I had tried to contact them (I printed out "sent emails"). Also, I found that when I logged into "my account" on RS.com and clicked on the same links to request a refund (again), I got a message that I had already asked for one - so I knew that at least some action had been taken. I printed out that as well and faxed it all to my credit card company. Within a few days, I got the refund.

Date: February 14, 2006 21:47

little queenie,

Thanks for the reply. Do you realise how depressing it is to read that this is what you had to do in order to get a refund ? www.rollingstones.com should truly hang their heads in shame. Their lack of response/indifferent attitude is deplorable. I shall try the same as you, hopefully I'll get my refunds, but I'm nevertheless of the opinion that somehow or other that organization needs to be hauled up and held to account for its obsecene modus operandus. It's disgusting.

Posted by: JamesBurton ()
Date: February 14, 2006 21:54

Notify your credit card company that you wish to stop payment and explain the circumstances. They will credit your account and from that point on, it is their responsibility to go after the merchant...

"You look like a leper dressed as Sergeant Pepper"

Date: February 14, 2006 22:11

I've just spoken with my credit card company and basically they require a covering letter explaining the problem, hardcopies of e-mails both "sent to" and "received from" www.rollingstones.com, and once they have them - they will then get onto the "merchants's" case and chase them up for a refund. What a pathetic route to have to go down to get something rightfully due to you. I am truly appalled.

O well, here goes. See if it works, cos' trying to get a response out of www.rollingstones.com is like p*****g in the wind !!

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: February 14, 2006 22:38

I was refund in 4 days.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: February 14, 2006 23:07

FOUR days?! I requested two refunds well over TWO months ago! I wrote to them last week enquiring as to the fate of my refunds and received this bland reply:

Greetings,

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. We are just waiting for ticket agent to verify that your passcode was not used. Once we receive this information, we will process your refund request immediately.

Best regards,
Rich
Member Support

Regards,
Member Support

Posted by: silvertrain ()
Date: February 14, 2006 23:26

Same happens to me - two refunds should be sent to me, but no answer so far. And it's been two months since then

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: February 14, 2006 23:50

www.bbb.com

explain it to the better buisness bureau. You'll get quick service. I used them when a cell phone co. tried to rip me off when I quit. I got reimbursed quickly .

Posted by: Gertje ()
Date: February 15, 2006 15:33

Last week I bought 1 membership, they charged me on my credit card for 7 memberships. Go figure!!!!I think that makes me a gold member???!!!!!!

Ger

Posted by: Rockingfan ()
Date: February 15, 2006 15:39

So you will get 7 DVDs Gertje

Date: February 15, 2006 15:49

BV

Are you following this thread ? If so, are you planning on contributing to it ? You're a lifelong Stones fan, are you not ? Are we to infer from your silence that you actually don't think there's anything wroing with the way www.rollingstones.com conduct themselves ? Come on, get real. There's a lot that that's good about what they do, but this continued refusal to respond to e-mails and to withold refunds ............ you cannot in all fairness defend that kind of behaviour. Or do you think they are absolutely faultless and beyond criticism ?

Date: February 16, 2006 11:19

BV

Are you out there ? Any comments ? Question for you in that case. IORR has a lot of credibility these days (well deserved and built up over many years). Would it not be a good idea for IORR to address this issue of poor/non existent responses from www.rollingstones.com and no movement on refunds after a RIDICULOUS period of time ? I am sure perhaps a gentle but nevertheless forceful/carefully worded nudge from IORR might actually succeed in getting through to www.rollingstones.com, or is this something that you would not be prepared to do ? Writing to their support as an INDIVIDUAL seems to have no effect whatsoever. I do realise that in general very supportive of and defensive of virtually everything the band/its support organisation does, but this is one instance in which they are really letting people (and themselves) down.

I really would appreciate some comments from you on this - if you can tear yourself away from the winter olympics that is !!

Posted by: todd40fla ()
Date: February 16, 2006 12:36

as much as i love the stones.....

rs.com is a total joke!

i have had all kinds of problems ordering merchandise from them. with some of the t-shirts which are limited editions when they mess up the order you don't get the shirt because it sells out before anything can be done.

i have found them to be totally unprofessional over the phone....and have simply stopped doing business with them.

fortunately i have not tried to collect a refund.......i think i would go nuts if i had to go through that kind of experience with them. if they were not selling stones materials this company would have gone out of business years ago. stones fans will put up with alot of crap cause we love the band so we put up with this lame organization!

when you call them it just seems like a bunch of hippies who are still on a bad acid trip are working the phones. i have hung up saying to myself...wtf just happened?? never seen anything like these guys......hope i never do again.

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: February 16, 2006 13:39

Bjornulf/IORnR has no more influence because, like you, he is one person. Now you have contacted many people through this forum you can all get together here.

I haven't asked for a refund yet but don't doubt I'll have the same problem but I've written the money off because I don't think I'll ever get it back.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: February 16, 2006 13:47

I sympathize with your predicament, and wish you success with your refund.

Sadly, i've come to the conclusion, that RS.COM, are a bunch of incompetant sharks and i suspect you're going to have to write this off, as a bad experience, and forget about the money.

Date: February 16, 2006 14:51

todd40fla Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> as much as i love the stones.....
>
> rs.com is a total joke!
>
> i have had all kinds of problems ordering
> merchandise from them. with some of the t-shirts
> which are limited editions when they mess up the
> order you don't get the shirt because it sells out
> before anything can be done.
>
> i have found them to be totally unprofessional
> over the phone....and have simply stopped doing
> business with them.
>
> fortunately i have not tried to collect a
> refund.......i think i would go nuts if i had to
> go through that kind of experience with them. if
> they were not selling stones materials this
> company would have gone out of business years ago.
> stones fans will put up with alot of crap cause
> we love the band so we put up with this lame
> organization!
>
> when you call them it just seems like a bunch of
> hippies who are still on a bad acid trip are
> working the phones. i have hung up saying to
> myself...wtf just happened?? never seen anything
> like these guys......hope i never do again.

Thanks for the post. Could I ask you please for that phone number ? It'll be worth a try, as I'm not getting anywhere at all through e-mails addressed to support@rollingstones.com, so I am prepared to try my luck with phoning them.

Thanks very much

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: February 16, 2006 16:40

My thanks to Paulywaul for drawing attention to this issue.

I get the distinct impression that RS.Com think that just because we are fans, that we are all complete idiots who have somehow lost our senses, and accordingly will be too brain dead to bother pursuing the odd $100 fee that may be owing to us from here and there.

The fact of the matter is that they are trying to rip us off and in anyone's book it is theft. In the UK, they'll lock you up if you do it often enough.

I'll be pursuing it in the strongest possible manner and I hope to God the rest of you guys and girls do as well.

Date: February 16, 2006 23:29

todd40fla Wrote:

> i have found them to be totally unprofessional
> over the phone....and have simply stopped doing
> business with them......

> when you call them it just seems like a bunch of
> hippies who are still on a bad acid trip are
> working the phones. i have hung up saying to
> myself...wtf just happened?? never seen anything
> like these guys......hope i never do again.

where did you get a phone number for them? i thought that was part of their untouchability - email contact only. what's the number if you still have it?

Date: February 16, 2006 23:56

Well that's TWO of us at least that are gonna give 'em shit down the phone - if we can get the number from "todd40fla"

Any chance of posting that telephone number - you lovely kind person ?

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: February 17, 2006 01:18

paulywaul Wrote:
> Well that's TWO of us at least that are gonna give
> 'em shit down the phone - if we can get the number
> from "todd40fla"
>
> Any chance of posting that telephone number - you
> lovely kind person ?

Make that THREE...

Posted by: Sir Oliver ()
Date: February 17, 2006 01:52

todd40fla very likely only has the phone number of musictoday.com - THEY do handle the merchandise sales of shirts etc. - it´s NOT rollingstones.com!

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: March 19, 2006 23:28

I'm still waiting by the way.

Posted by: BornOnTheBayou ()
Date: March 19, 2006 23:36

You know the old Saying...

"it takes a lifetime to build a reputation and a split-second to ruin it..."

All this bullshit about these over-priced fan club memberships... all the confusion... probably hasn't put one red cent into any of the band's pockets... it's just enriched their "entourage"...

BUT, it has definitely hurt their reputation, especially with hard-core fans... and probably with new fans also.

"It's just that demon life has got me in it's sway..."

Posted by: RockGirl ()
Date: March 20, 2006 01:04

Dear PaulyWaul,

I am sorry to hear of your troubles with RS.com. I have had no bad experiences with their customer service department when it came to the issue of refunds, etc. They have been nothing but polite and professional.

The site is managed and maintained by Ultrastar. I would recommend contacting them directly and asking to speak with the manager of their customer service department. His name is Jeff. This is info right off of the RS.com site:

***Please direct all notifications to the Intellectual Property Rights Agent, who may be reached as follows:
Jeffrey Stephenson, UltraStar Entertainment LLC, 45 Main Street, Suite 636, Brooklyn, NY 11201 legal@ultrastar.com, 212-265-2525*** They have an option to transfer by entering his last name, which goes to his direct extension. I am confident that he will get your problem resolved in an expedient manner.

As for the person voicing concerns regarding problems with tshirts and merchandise. This is not Ultrastar or RS.Com that demonstrated the incompetency. That is MusicToday who has their merchandise concessions. If you have problems with merchandise issues, you should contact MusicToday, not Ultrastar or RS.com. I am also happy to say I have had no bad experiences with them and have purchased a lot of merchandise from them off of RS.com. Including pre order event shirts and bundles, etc. I'm also happy to report that the merchandise has been what I was expecting and often better. I've also received gifts from others purchased from MusicToday through RS.com and they nor myself have had any problems.

I hope this information helps anyone to resolve any problems they may currently have.

Good Luck,

RockGirl

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-03-20 01:16 by RockGirl.

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: March 20, 2006 01:19

Several months ago it took me nearly 2 months to get a refund and then much bad mouthing on RS.com to finally get a refund. The pre 5/9 code was great and worth $100, but everything else about RS.com is incompetent and refects very poorly on the band.

They really deserve a class action law suit.

Date: March 20, 2006 21:33

RockGirl Wrote:
> Dear PaulyWaul,
>
> I am sorry to hear of your troubles with RS.com.
> I have had no bad experiences with their customer
> service department when it came to the issue of
> refunds, etc. They have been nothing but polite
> and professional.
>
> The site is managed and maintained by Ultrastar.
> I would recommend contacting them directly and
> asking to speak with the manager of their customer
> service department. His name is Jeff. This is
> info right off of the RS.com site:
>
> ***Please direct all notifications to the
> Intellectual Property Rights Agent, who may be
> reached as follows:
> Jeffrey Stephenson, UltraStar Entertainment LLC,
> 45 Main Street, Suite 636, Brooklyn, NY 11201
> legal@ul
> 6;rastar.c
> 1;m, 212-265-2525*** They have an option to
> transfer by entering his last name, which goes to
> his direct extension. I am confident that he will
> get your problem resolved in an expedient manner.
>
> I hope this information helps anyone to resolve
> any problems they may currently have.
>
> Good Luck,
>
> RockGirl
>
>
> Edited 1 times. Last edit at 03/20/06 01:16 by
> RockGirl.

Thank you for the info. Since starting this thread I FINALLY had a mail (the same one three times actually) from rs.com saying that they acknowledged my request for a refund and that it would take some days to process before the card was credited. I am currently not in a position to really check whether that refund has gone through onto the card account, I shall do so in a couple of weeks when I am back home. But meanwhile, thanks for the details in your post; hoping obviously I won't be needing them.

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: March 20, 2006 21:38

I can't believe you guys are actually surprised by any of this? I figured this is how it would work from the get go & only bought memberships as I was buying my tickets.

The problems with RS.com are why I had not purchased any "legacy" memberships either. I was a bit miffed that they gave those people first crack at tickets since I had a VERY good reason not to buy the memberships (that is that RS.com sucks & I figured it would be $100 down the drain...which many people felt it was until the "legacy" thing came up).

For those who haven't figured it out yet, RS.com sucks. PLEASE do not complain about it on the next tour & any money lost on it. If this doesn't show folks it stinks, then they aren't ever going to get it...

Posted by: rknuth ()
Date: March 20, 2006 22:48

Oh well, I'm also about to cancel my membership. Hope it will go smoothly. But I doubt. I asked them three times to replace the wasted DVD I got but they didn't even answer. So I'm fed up with rs.com.

Date: March 21, 2006 00:40

you've insprired me to cancel my last unused one...we'll see how long this takes - i just put in the request

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1008
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home