Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Please Please Me
Posted by: mickboy33 ()
Date: February 6, 2006 23:18

From Beatlefan magazine....

Paul McCartney credits the Rolling Stones' Keith Richards for his current in-concert tribute to John Lennon. McCartney told Beatlefan magazine that it was actually Richards who requested that McCartney include the Lennon-written "Please Please Me" in his show. McCartney recalled that, "I met up with (him) when I was on holiday earlier (last) year and he just happened to say, 'You know what you gotta do, you gotta do 'Please Please Me.' I was going, 'Get outta here.'" McCartney added that Richards even suggested that McCartney perform it at last year's Super Bowl. He went on to say that although the band had already rehearsed their half time set, he had to pass -- but kept the tune in the back of his mind. McCartney surprised many fans when he dropped his longtime encore of "I Saw Her Standing There" in favor of "Please Please Me" -- which was the Beatles' first-ever British chart topper.

"Please Please Me" has long been a favorite tune of Richards'. There are several unreleased performances of him performing the song -- one from an undated "vacation" tape recorded in the late '80s, as well as an acoustic, torch song performance of "Please Please Me" made during the Stones' Voodoo Lounge sessions.

Although Lennon & McCartney agreed to share co-writing credits in their work as early as 1957, many times a solo composition -- such as "Please Please Me" -- would receive co-credit.

Re: Please Please Me
Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: February 6, 2006 23:38

I've heard it, it's great! Keith sings like a coughing horse but its great. Lennon would have liked it.

Posted by: TeleK ()
Date: February 6, 2006 23:38

you are reading the enemy´s paper??.....just kidding:-)
somebody havs a version of keiths please please??

-----------------------------------------------------
Oh, give me the beat, boys, and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock and roll and drift away

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-02-06 23:39 by TeleK.

Posted by: mickboy33 ()
Date: February 7, 2006 00:13

Actually, my local radio station posts rock 'n' roll news every day, and I got this bit from their website. I wouldn't dare read their fan magazine! (or at least admit to it on this board).

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: February 7, 2006 00:18

I believe ya.
You know what happens when you regulary read their fan magazine?

you start writing on this board with caps lock on and dropping loads of BUFFOONS in your text.

hehe

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: February 7, 2006 00:48

Ever noticed that on one of the covers Keith did, he said on the end "Ï could have written this song"

Nico

Posted by: toko ()
Date: February 7, 2006 01:10

NICOS Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ever noticed that on one of the covers Keith did,
> he said on the end "Ï could have written this
> song"

I heard it as, "I could have written this (the bridge) better."

Date: February 7, 2006 01:32

Could be, the end is a bit difficult to understand.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: April 11, 2011 04:32

interesting

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: April 11, 2011 09:19

Even George had some rough background-vocal on this song... John had a forty-year-old voice on this song ... everything was very serious in the studio at the beginning ...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: April 11, 2011 09:48

NICOS
Could be, the end is a bit difficult to understand.

He plays and sings the verses - not accurately, but with a lot of feeling. Then he says "HORRIBLE Beatles bridge - NOT going to do it!" But after a few seconds he does play it - in a mocking way that shows just what he thinks of it - and says "I could have written it better... unintelligible mumble" just as the track ends.

It's on Voodoo Brew disc 2 - don't know if any of the links to this in Hot Stuff are still working at the moment.

Date: April 11, 2011 10:01

Thanks Green Lady, (it's alway's difficult to understand mumbling other then your own language)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1913
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home