Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: TOP 100 NME
Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: February 4, 2006 11:50

Seems like these sold out mags like Q and NME makes lists for every issue. SPARE ME!!!! It seems like one dude hears a record, like the Stone Roses first album, and thinks "Hey I'll make a list of the best British albums ever. And I just had a ball listening to this one, so it will go on top". I mean really. These lists suck ass for the most part. Once NME had a list of the 100 most important singles ever released. The top spot was occupied by Joy Division with Love Will Tear Us Apart. I thought: "That's it. These magazines SUCK ASS"!!!!!!!!! And they still do.........

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: phd ()
Date: February 4, 2006 12:43

Can't speak for now. But They did during the 60's till 80's good reviews on The Stones. I keep in mind the flexible extract of Exile sold with the Magazine. First time this was made. Don't know if this was redone many times. Have it in my safe!!!

Posted by: Ringo ()
Date: February 4, 2006 20:45

Silly list (and Pink Floyd isn't mentioned). Exile should be on the top of this & all other lists!

List of "The Best Selling Albums Of All Time":
[classicbands.com] (Hot Rocks - 12 millions)

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: February 4, 2006 20:52

This topic was not to discuss the NME only the poll.
The last time I read NME was 20 years ago.

Nico

Posted by: db44 ()
Date: February 4, 2006 22:32

It's real fun to see that most people in this thread are lookalikes of our beloved parents or grandparents. All those small talk about bands like U2, Stone Roses, Coldplay or new bands. When The Stones, Beatles, Dylan etc. making their way in the sixties elderly people were shocked. Just the way they react on Elvis in the fifties. Don't listen to that Devil's music. No mum... It was the same in the seventies with Led Zep, Sex Pistols, Joy Division etc. And elderly people in the eighties don't like U2 or The Smiths etc. And what do you think of all those noise from Suede, Blur, Oasis etc. in the nineties? Yes, you're right Dad... Every generation has his heroes. Live with it and don't try to deny the musical influences of new bands. The debut album of the Arctic Monkeys, for example, has an great impact on the current music scene. I think it's a great record but that's always a matter of taste. Just like the fact that the two albums of Franz Ferdinand are so much better than ABB which, by the way, is a fine album too. So le's look to this top 100 with an open mind. And don't judge it the way your parents or grandparents did when new muscial trends were invented.

Posted by: Ringo ()
Date: February 4, 2006 22:44

Yes, db44, but:

1 It may be that we underrate the young bands, but surely this lists underrates the old bands!

2 50-100 years from now, people will still remember The Stones, Tne Beatles, Dylan. But the top names on this list will be forgotten.

Date: February 4, 2006 22:56

You right, "db44" The problem if you getting (older) there is nothing new under the sun, if there is a new band you automaticly compare.
I downloaded some songs from the "Arctic Monkeys" to get a impression, sounds good sory sometimes I thing of Bowie.

But althoug I'm not 18 anymore this will not say I don't like new music crap Man !!!!

This is a Stones board ...

Nico

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: February 4, 2006 22:58

Check out this months Q with their top 100.

And the advert for the Q Stones special out Feb 15.

Date: February 4, 2006 23:01

Give me a link, hard to search google with only a Q

Nico

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: February 4, 2006 23:05

www.q4music.com

Date: February 4, 2006 23:13

Thanks, Just checked out Q on Google it will lead to Q as first hit

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-02-04 23:14 by NICOS.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1726
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home