Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT What happened to Dave Mason
Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: February 4, 2006 06:06

I've seen Traffic without Dave Mason and I've seen Dave Mason solo. I am a fan of both. I understand they had a falling out early in the life of Traffic, perhaps after Dear Mr. Fantasy.

Here's my question, after their breakup did Dave ever perform again with Winwood, the late Capaldi and the late Chris Wood?

A friend of mine says yes, that Mason was with the Traffic reunion in the mid 90's and I say, no way. Total bullshit. Who is correct?

Also, I think I remember hearing that Dave was considered to replace Lindsey Buckingham with a Fleetwood Mac tour (and/or album?) in the 1990's. Is this true?

I know this is a Stones site (thanks bv), but I would really like to hear your thoughts on the topic.

Thanks

Re: OT What happened to Dave Mason
Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: February 4, 2006 06:35

Dave Mason cancelled a show a year or so back in Pittsburgh because the show sold more tickets than anticipated and all of the sudden Dave Mason made his show contract void and revised it demanding more money. That was a few weeks before the show. The show got cancelled.

Date: February 4, 2006 06:44

Thanks. I heard he was sort of difficult.

When I saw him it was in 1977 and to my disappointment he was the opening act for Kenny Loggins instead of the other way around. Puhlease!!

To make matters worse, he didn't have a full band. He had a drum machine and no drummer!!!! I felt embarrassed for him everytime he started a song he had to go push a button to get the rhythm going.

Disgusted, I sat in the bleachers for the Loggins part and there was this couple sitting in front of me making out. When Loggins played "Daniel's Song" (you know, "And even though we aint got money, I'm so in love with you honey and every day....blah, blah, blah) the two started crying. Turns out that was "their song." How sweet ha ha

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: February 4, 2006 11:03

Dave Mason is now a cement mason building fireplaces on Vashon Island.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: February 4, 2006 18:15

Mason did appear on one non-charting Fleetwood Mac ("Time" I think) cd along w/ Bekka Bramlett (daughter of Delaney & Bonnie). I like his work on the 2nd Traffic album (& opening cut on the 3rd) but generally don't miss him when he's not in that band, which was most of the time - the weakest (most dated) cuts on the debut imo are Mason's. PS: RIP Jim Capaldi & Chris Wood.

Posted by: lmatth8461 ()
Date: February 4, 2006 22:47

Lukester Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>>
> A friend of mine says yes, that Mason was with the
> Traffic reunion in the mid 90's and I say, no way.
> Total bullshit. Who is correct?

You are. I saw Traffic in the mid 90's and Dave Mason was certainly absent.

Lee

Date: February 4, 2006 22:50

Thanks john r,
I appreciate the update.

I like his song "Feelin Alright"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2219
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home