Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

How can you not like "She's So Cold"?
Posted by: Local27 ()
Date: January 31, 2006 20:53

This is NOT a prelude to an attack for those of you who do not like the song. Ever since the Stones dusted this song off for the bigger bang tour....I've noticed in the forums that there are a lot of you who dislike this song. I was just wondering why? Pesonally, I think the song rocks and can't see how someone can think otherwise. Am I missing something?

Re: How can you not like "She's So Cold"?
Posted by: SeNdEr ()
Date: January 31, 2006 20:58

mmm i think the Stones has so much better songs, Shes So Cold it just does not work on stage, i dont like You Got Me Rocking but it does work on stage and its ok, but Shes So Cold sounds very bad live...

Posted by: pedromilfont ()
Date: January 31, 2006 21:03

I think She´s So Cold is one of the highlights of this tour... great playing, great song. Altough I miss Bill´s bass lines on this....

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: January 31, 2006 21:08

I have really enjoyed it this tour.

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: January 31, 2006 21:18

i've always liked that tune.....it's got a fun vibe despite the lyrics...........also my favorite off of Emotional Rescue has always been Let Me Go........that tune does it for me

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-01-31 21:53 by Leonard Keringer.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: January 31, 2006 21:32

And the video of this song is my favourite Stones videoclip! just watch it here: [www.youtube.com]

"got to be worked on
don't have no bark nor bite..."

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: January 31, 2006 22:01

Thanx for the video link. cold err cool winking smiley

Keith even mimes on that cold Travis Bean aluminium neck guitar
Bill also on Travis Bean.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: January 31, 2006 22:05

It works okay - but the reason I'm enjoying it on this tour is really a "compared to what?" explanation. On nights when this song ISN'T playedthere is literally NOTHING played from their back catalogue that isn't tired/worn out classic warhorse that has been played to death the past 2 decades. As Tears Go By is really the only other song getting any kind of repeated attention.

I also agree that Bill's exquisite bass lines from '81 are sorely missed on SSC. But the guitars are nice and crunchy on this one....

Posted by: gut ()
Date: January 31, 2006 22:34

A Classic - Should have been a far bigger hit than it was.

A very well rounded track - I enjoy listening to all the bells and whistles in the studio version of Keith and Ron dropping licks here and there. Its one flaw was Jagger having to say GD. Salacious and uncalled for.

The video was an apex as well. Thats the version of the band I'll always love.

#......Go ahead....Bite the Big Apple....Don't mind the Maggots.....Uh Huh...#

Posted by: bigfrankie ()
Date: February 1, 2006 04:53

Didn't like it when it came out. Didn't like it live in 81. Don't like it live now. It stinks. Weak Weak Weak.

don't give me that ole one two, one two three four

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: February 1, 2006 05:17

pedromilfont wrote: "I think She´s So Cold is one of the highlights of this tour"

Agree 105%!!

Date: February 1, 2006 05:29

=====Didn't like it live in 81. Don't like it live now. It stinks. Weak Weak Weak.======

The version on the Lets Spend the Nite Together video is horrible. They should have sticked to the original studio licks but I guess it was easier just to bang the thing out in the key of C live as a 3-chord rocker.

#......Go ahead....Bite the Big Apple....Don't mind the Maggots.....Uh Huh...#

Posted by: lamemodem2 ()
Date: February 1, 2006 05:29

The song is great and it was a real treat to hear it on this tour. I think it works live. I'm also amazed at the complaints.

Date: February 1, 2006 06:06

bigfrankie wrote :
< Didn't like it when it came out.Didn't like it live in 81.Don't like it live now.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What about live in '82? What did you think of those versions?I like the '05/'06 versions.Upbeat.Good loud guitars.I had grown tired of it over the years but,now I can enjoy it again by listening to some of these new live versions.Wood must enjoy getting the chance to play on a track that he was actually involved in,considering that he has been in the band for 30 years yet,a good number of these shows only include 5 songs from that period.

Posted by: Rickster ()
Date: February 1, 2006 08:26

Its great to hear it live but would rather they play She was Hot live.

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: February 1, 2006 09:09

I especially dig the live version from Albany 2005 that Lorenz made available.
Great guitars and vocals. I'd like to hear She Was Hot too, but I would not want She's So Cold to be excluded if that was to happen.

Posted by: marko ()
Date: February 1, 2006 09:13

I allways liked this song,great groove,ex guitars,specially live,but,i miss
Bill wyman on this one too.

Date: February 1, 2006 20:33

======would rather they play She was Hot live=====

That would be a dream come true. It was an underappreciated gem that never got its fair due.

I think they would be happily surprised by tour fan reaction if they played it.

Posted by: cc ()
Date: February 2, 2006 06:26

It's another one of those songs that has no real verse/chorus transition, so when they play it live they don't know what to do to differentiate. And the lyrics are all the same and can go anywhere in the song, so mick can't remember them all and where to put them. Like "Hand of Fate."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1702
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home