Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

who was at Petco Park?
Posted by: otonneau ()
Date: January 29, 2006 11:45

Woaw, what a killer show!! I've torented the boot and I'm amazed in every respect - including Ronnie. Everybody plays so strong! Fab moments:

A mess of raggedy guitars on Sympathy, proper weaving for once, fabulous.
Keith grooving on Rambler and doing variations I never heard, same applies to Jagger who curves notes in all sorts of ways, whispers and growls... so good.

A very well sung Rocks Off, which I thought was impossible live, with cool guitar soloing in the end (who is it?)

Beautiful As tears go by,
etc. No weak spots.

It's so exciting to know that they can deliver at that incredible level! Who got to see that?

Re: who was at Petco Park?
Posted by: todd40fla ()
Date: January 29, 2006 13:36

i was there too.....but dude....that was over 2 months ago!!!! what took you so long????

alright.....on with the show!!!

Date: January 29, 2006 13:38

I was NOT there, just discovering torrents and therefore this tour's shows little by little, and being sometimes disappointed and sometimes so impressed - you were lucky to witness that!

Posted by: sir_carlos ()
Date: January 29, 2006 13:39

where can I find, can someone please post it!

cheers

Posted by: Tully ()
Date: January 29, 2006 13:57

I was there and wondered one thing that I havent seen anybody discuss...why were there no "yeah, yeah, yeah, Wooooo!' in Brown Sugar?? Kinda odd without them I think...

Posted by: todd40fla ()
Date: January 29, 2006 14:11

wooops.....sorry i misinterpreted your post....my dumb.....

it was a GREAT show...plenty of energy...and you are right.....some great guitar mixing going on all night......killer versions of several songs...and sorry to say...but the torrent doesn't even do it justice....for some reason the stones are always ON when they are in san diego.

as for brown sugar tully.....mick controls that number completely....when he wants the crowd to jump in he just puts his hands up and urges them to do so and they do.

with this show....the stones actually played 10-15 minutes longer than just about any other show on the tour.....midnight rambler and sympathy were just going so well that they played them longer than usual....so maybe mick was in a hurry to get out of there...and they sped through brown sugar.

sorry if that is not the answer that you thought you might hear or wanted to hear...but it is my best guess.....

Posted by: Charles ()
Date: January 29, 2006 17:06

I was at that show and loved it. I still haven't figured out torrents (sniff! sniff!) so I can't get anything....However the friday MSG show (Jan 20) I thought was a little better. We got "Sway" and "Ain't too proud to beg". It was my first show at MSG and it ranks way high up there. Only the Dublin shows of 2003 were better than the MSG.

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

Date: January 29, 2006 17:18

There is a thread about torrents some days back, when I asked for help and everything is kindly explained there. use my name in the search engine and you'll find it easily.

Date: January 29, 2006 19:34

For those who don't use torrents, here's Sympathy. It's a warhorse and the sound is not too good, but it SMOKES.

[s41.yousendit.com]

Date: January 29, 2006 19:43

Midnight Rambler:

[s41.yousendit.com]

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: January 29, 2006 20:49

of the 8 shows i've seen on this tour, san diego was my favorite...

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: January 29, 2006 20:53

lq: are you the former sdstonesguy?

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: January 29, 2006 20:58

that's so funny you say that - i do know him personally - i know he had a great time at that show too! i didn't realize he was "former"???

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 29, 2006 21:29

San Diego Petco Park was one of the greatest shows of the entire tour. True!

Bjornulf

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1980
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home