Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

"Look At What The Cat Dragged In"
Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: January 26, 2006 15:41

I could not find a recent thread already started for this tune so I start a new one (Sorry BV)
I see that this tune actually makes some of the leats fave lists of ABB. This is one of the best songs of ther album. The vocal melody actually does something interesting here. I was wondering who the hot Bass was and it is JAGGER! LOL Wow. Ron opens up on several ODs. I think there are a whole bunch of guitars on the song. You can ell by the panning spectrum that they were ODed at different times. Ronnie goes to town. But even keith and I believe Jagger again on guitars play some good riffs.

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Re: "Look At What The Cat Dragged In"
Posted by: rooster ()
Date: January 26, 2006 16:08

Love this tune.

Posted by: doodoodoodoodoo ()
Date: January 26, 2006 17:57

I totally agree. They are just so in synch on this song and makes you wonder why they wouldn't play this on the B stage.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: January 26, 2006 17:59

Judged by the drumsound: could it be from another session? Maybe 2002??
It sounds different.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: January 26, 2006 18:01

I think this one would cook live.
I love it.

Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: January 26, 2006 18:22

Charlie's great on this one, too - the drums remind me of "Undercover" but without all the '80s production.

Great Mick vocal delivery, and Ronnie & Keith are weaving maniacs here.

Could be my favorite track off "Bang". Do you think they could pull it off live? Keith's licks on record are still top-notch, but live . . . he seems a little slower.

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: January 26, 2006 18:31

this, along with SOL, is the worst song on ABB. and that's final!

Posted by: THE RoCk ()
Date: January 26, 2006 19:37

You're Wrong man i hate SOL too but LWTCDI Is AWESOME

Posted by: moonsup ()
Date: January 26, 2006 19:48

one of the few tracks on ABB i havent tired of. was on hol on italian coast last sept, hot, outside a bar with cold beer, this came on the tinny radio, someone turned it up ...and the energy from it was unreeuhl! smash bang snarl snap smash, so fast and fun and i wont forget it. thought how maybe thats what Get of a my cloud sounded on first listen to unsuspectors in 66. ok the chorus no where as good but still a magic track. hope its tried live!

I'm free to do what I want any old time...
I'm free to sing my song knowing it's out of trend

Posted by: Chas ()
Date: January 26, 2006 20:37

Great guitar work on this--and percussion too.

Posted by: jumpinjackgreg ()
Date: January 26, 2006 20:39

I love both Streets of Love and this song. I don't know why ppl don't like this song. It's a kickass rock song with a great hook.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: January 26, 2006 22:38

Great song. Nice playful spirit and some really funny lyrics!

Posted by: gaigai ()
Date: January 27, 2006 00:12

Streets sucks Cat rules.

Date: January 27, 2006 02:41

Pure filler, and pretty lame

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: January 27, 2006 02:42

Ronnie rules this tune, but I am not sure that I would trust him to pull it off live. It would be fun, tho.

Posted by: RoddyD ()
Date: January 27, 2006 04:35

A goddamn afwul dirge. Nothing to it.....I HATE these type of whiny Jagger vocals....shouting and sounding as flat as a tack....

"........laaaawwsssstttt weeeeekkkkeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnn......" yuck
".........cat draiggggggggggd iiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn..........." trash

Rgds
Rod

Posted by: bruno ()
Date: January 27, 2006 11:34

I know they are the songs that people here use to put in the list of worst tracks in ABB, but LWTCDI and Driving Too Fast are two of the best ones for me. It's all about the rhythm and groove, and Jagger sings the way I like: growling but no forced, without that p-e-r-f-e-c-t p-r-o-n-u-n-c-i-a-t-i-o-n.

[There'll be no wedding today...]

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: January 27, 2006 11:37

One of the finest songs they've done for donkeys years.......

And what guitar playing...

Posted by: wandering spirit ()
Date: January 27, 2006 11:51

to me just an average song on ABB, neither their best nor the worst, reminding me of Undercover, which i prefer though....

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: January 27, 2006 15:41

One of the best songs they have done it years. Can't understand how a Stones fan can think its so bad.

Posted by: Odd-beat ()
Date: January 27, 2006 15:57

LWtCDI is well produced and professionally performed... The two “written” guitar solos have life to them (= they don’t sound like having been put together by number or done on auto-pilot)... The ending, always a difficult art in RnR, is very tasteful, “bubbly” and mysterious...

Now where’s the Ron and Keith weaving? Two distinct guitar parts done simultaneously is no weaving, is it? I have listened hard this time and haven't got it...
Charlie is good, but doesn’t add anything to this specific thing he did on Undercover...
Where Undercover had drama, space and breathing between notes and licks, and Mick told with no little fury of “dream things he couldn’t keep inside”, the Cat fills everything up with virtuoso triplets and mundane social commentary... So this is definitely no “Undercover II” to me!
...And I just can’t stand the childish motif/melody!

Sorry...

Driving Too Fast is even worse, but since it has less “musical pretention”, it bugs me less than LWtCDI.

Posted by: cc ()
Date: January 27, 2006 18:48

"LWTCDI" sounds as if they are trying to prove something, which comes off as straining, but there is some energy there. "DTF" sounds like they are reading a takeout menu while writing and performing the song.

Posted by: drake ()
Date: January 27, 2006 20:40

It starts of great but then that repetitive melody comes in and its horrid. Sure there are some great moments in the song, but overall its just really shitty. I skip past it every time. Songs like ONNYA, RJ, LMDS, SSMC, BOMH, those are the memorable tunes. If LWTCDI and NeoCon had been dropped and replaced by Under The Radar and We Dont Wanna Go Honme we'd have the perfect album.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: January 28, 2006 19:42

Weak tune. "We Wanna Go Home" should have replaced it. Replace "SOL" with "Under the Radar" and ABB would have been a masterpiece.

Posted by: cc ()
Date: January 29, 2006 19:18

I think it would have taken a few more changes than that.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1819
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home