Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick & Keith duet on Happy
Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: January 18, 2006 01:18

They did this back in the 70's before Keith had his own set in the middle of the show. In addition to Keith's set, I'd like to see them sing together again on Happy, maybe would allow for one more number in the set list.

Re: Mick & Keith duet on Happy
Posted by: Promoman ()
Date: January 18, 2006 02:08

It's been said many times on this forum.

But you are right. When looking at footage from the 70 it strucks me every time how wel it sounds and looks to have them sing together.

Posted by: R ()
Date: January 18, 2006 02:55

Mick spent a lot of time covering for Keith on that number. They have Blondie, et al, to do that now.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: January 18, 2006 03:47

agree %100, they should do it together again

Posted by: bigfrankie ()
Date: January 18, 2006 04:48

1975 July 11 Keef forgets to sing and is in a stupor.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-01-18 04:49 by bigfrankie.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: January 18, 2006 06:26

I'd like to see Mick sing on This Place Is Empty, as well. His vocals really add a lot to the studio version of that one.

Everyone always thinks Keith doesn't want Mick onstage during his solo spot, which is probably true to some extent. But I think the main reason Mick doesn't come out is he needs a break during those two songs. In the '70s the shows were shorter, plus Mick was 30 years younger. With all that running around I'm sure he needs the mid-show breather.

Posted by: RollingStonesRob ()
Date: January 18, 2006 08:27

The Rolling Stones did this from 1972 to 1978 and it is a shame they don't do this anymore.

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: January 19, 2006 13:23

I dunno. Dont think it would work anymore. They would just be compared to the old days and who would belive that they are pals now? Would just sound false.

Posted by: bigfrankie ()
Date: January 20, 2006 05:53

I read this somewhere and it may be crazy but......Keef has it in writing that Mick MUST leave teh stage when he does his "Keef song(s). No foolin.

Posted by: ROADRUNNER ()
Date: January 21, 2006 00:58

(excuse my english)
It is imposible. Jagger must relax out of scene, while Richards is singing. He can't stand 2 hours continuously dancing and singing. The same reason for he also plays guitar on one or two songs.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: January 21, 2006 00:59

Who´d now what the writings are like now? I carry a Hope.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: January 21, 2006 03:04

>> Keith has it in writing that Mick MUST leave teh stage <<

i've read that; i've also read that it's Mick who stipulated that he will not be on stage during Keith's LV turn.
the story dates from the 80s, and maybe it was true then; maybe it's still true, but i reckon Mick needing a breather is more important nowadays.

>> ... forgets to sing ... in a stupor <<

let's not exaggerate. yes Keith got to the microphone late (as he often has, from the 60s through at least 03)
and yes he asked Mick to take over the vocal at the end. but if that were what a stupor looked like, the world would be a much more beautiful place, truly.

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-01-21 10:55 by with sssoul.

Posted by: Some Girl ()
Date: January 21, 2006 03:29

Keith sings a couple songs per album, so why not sing a couple songs live? That's the way I see it. I obviously don't know who has what in their contract, but if a frontman's breather were the main reason for Keith's set, then every guitarist of every band would be having a two song set in the middle of a show.
Pearl Jam, for example, tends to do a sit-down acoustic set in the middle of their shows as a breather, I'm sure Mick could survive through that without having to go offstage.
But having Keith sing instead is fine by me. I just wish he'd sing Thru and Thru more often. Or always.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: January 21, 2006 10:07

yeah but ... the question is not why Keith has an LV turn - it's why Mick is not on stage during Keith's LV turn.

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: January 23, 2006 22:21

Mick should play the harmonica part on Infamy in concert, too.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1670
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home