Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

For Babboon-Bro re. Phil Lynott
Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: January 3, 2006 02:18

For some reason my reply to the post doesn't show up,so,let's try it as a 'New Topic':

Philip Parris Lynott & ther wonderful Thin Lizzy --- after the rolling stones,possibly my favourite band*

For anyone not acquainted with Lizzy,aswell as those great early albums,they released the Big-5 from 1975-1979. 'Fighting'('75),'Jailbreak'('76),'Johhny The Fox'('76),'Bad Reputation'('77) and 'Black Rose'('79). In between those excellent albums was the classic 'Live And Dangerous',recorded on Lizzy's tours of the US and Canada in 1976 & 1977.

As to where Phil was born,yes,it was in the UK,near Birmingham. Due to the stigma of unmarried others in Ireland in the 40's and '50's,Philomena Lynott had to up sticks to England after meeting a Brazilian guy while out'n'about in Dublin^ Phil moved back to Ireland when he was very young & was brought up by his grandmother in the Crumlin area of Dublin.

The rest,as the say,is history...himself & schoolfriend Brian Downey were in a succession of bands before linking up with Eric Bell and originally calling themselves 'Tin Lizzie'.

Best Lynnot quote? "Are there are girls in the audience with a bit of Irish in 'em?? Well,are there any who'd like a bit MORE Irish in 'em"!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-01-03 11:59 by bv.

Re: For Babboon-Bro retongue sticking out smileyhil Lynott
Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: January 3, 2006 11:53

Guess this ":" (colonn?) plus P makes a tongue sticking out smiley... smiling smiley
That I´ve learned today grinning smiley.

Thanks for response.
Tomorrow´s the appropriate Memorial day;
thought I´d better be in time, if people wanted
to celebrate the man & schedule this in their calendars.

We´d better continue in the main thread, right?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1582
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home