Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones On YouTube
Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: January 1, 2006 15:07

BornontheBayou posted several threads relating back to You Tube. Made me go on over there and check it out. I saw this GREAT clip that I had honestly never seen before. I am a lifelong Stoner and pride myself on being fairly knowledgeable about that band. But not only had I never seen that clip; except for one photo of Jagger I had never even seen stills from that video. Knew nothing. And I musty say it has probably become my favorite Stones video. Come to think of it: actually all the clips from that era are priceless.
We Love You", the various YCAGWYW from TV and RRCircus, 2000 Lightyears, and of course the timeless JJF are all superb. In all those videos I can sense the atmosphere; I can smell the patchouli, I see the nicotine stained fingers of Keith and Brian, I see how they were so much more of a band, young and a gang. Bill and Charlie are always in the thick of it all. Charlie getting in drag LOL. For the cover of "Mother Baby" there is a video that shows them getting in drag. IMO Brain is taking it WAY too seriously. While the rest of the band seems to be enjoying it to varying degrees, Brian starts posing with an almost desperate dedication. Brain also looks funny in the COTM clip where he is hiding behind the tree.
While I am thinking a bout it: there is another hilarious clip from about 65 of Get Off My Cloud where Jagger does these ridiculius moves in every chorus. He throws his arms and legs around in this very clumsy manner' Looks totally stupid. It's weird becauyse Jagger from day one was always supercool in some way. I don't get it why he does these highly uncool moves. Could some producer made him do it?

Re: Stones On YouTube
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: January 1, 2006 15:15

>> I saw this GREAT clip that I had honestly never seen before. <<

which one? inquiring minds want to know. :E

>> another hilarious clip from about 65 of Get Off My Cloud <<

smile: Top of the Pops. Jagger's Cloud Dance is indeed ummmm *special!* :E

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Date: January 1, 2006 15:31

Oh sssoul, I am sorry! I got so wrapped up in writing about it that I forgot the title. It is the clip of "Child of the Moon".

Date: January 1, 2006 17:24

thanks for the information, Chelsea Drugstore -
that is indeed a cool and weird one. ahhh the drugs of yesteryear ... :E

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: January 1, 2006 19:46

Ok, now I'm the one to feel dumb. I don't know what YouTube is. You said you had to go over there to check it out???

I've never seen the COTM video either, and I'd love to.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Date: January 1, 2006 19:55

here's youtube, CindyC - there are lots of Stones videos up on it, have fun!
[www.youtube.com]

Date: January 1, 2006 20:16

with sssoul Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> here's youtube, CindyC - there are lots of Stones
> videos up on it, have fun!
>

OMG!!! I won't ever be able to leave the house now! That pic of Jimi and Keith is so cool. Can't believe I never saw a still of that floating around in all these years.

So much for cleaning my house today.

THANKS!! 2006 is starting off great!

Date: January 2, 2006 03:49

I'm cracking up!
I just watched that GOOMC video, TOO FUNNY!!

I thought Mick was absolutely adorable. He seemed so insecure, like he didn't know what to do up there. I like the thought of him once being awkward.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: January 2, 2006 04:22

The 1964 "Carol" is incendiary, & the 'poor quality' of this rock n roll riot film only adds to the ambience. Stones liberate Scandinavia. Near the end, cops ducking from debris, the stage curtain (sort of) comes down, but it looks like either the theatre or the film stock itself has caught fire....
Hadn't seen "Child of the Moon' complete either - reminds me of Kenneth Anger.
Lots of very cool stuff at this site.

Date: January 2, 2006 04:28

Yeah John, very cool stuff. Luckily my ex has my little boy today, so I've been able to indulge in an all day Stones fest. Listening to old interviews, going through old cassettes, etc as I wait for each video to download. I've got to get a cable modem on of these days, but I'm a cheap bitch. I'm waiting to watch We Love You right now. Keith looks cool.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: January 2, 2006 04:32

Seeing Mick sing Satisfaction again, as he's looking dead into the camara, it's astonishing how self-possessed he was at 22 (!)...And Brian is gorgeous & charismatic lip-synching the Sonny Bono part on "I've Got You Babe." Who's playing Cher - recognize the face but can't recall her name?

Date: January 2, 2006 04:48

I don't know. I almost wonder if it's Mick's ex, Chrissie Shrimpton. Anyone? There aren't very many pictures of here, but she had those heavy bangs/hair in the face look.

Date: January 2, 2006 05:29

that's Cathy McGowan, the Ready Steady Go compere.
that look she and Chrissie had was tres hip at the time.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: January 2, 2006 05:59

That YouTube sight is pretty cool, thanks for the turn ons, everyone!

Posted by: LolA ()
Date: January 2, 2006 08:16

Wow!!!! Great site, thanks for the link!
Does anyone know how to save the videos on hard disk?
Thanks in advanvce

Posted by: BornOnTheBayou ()
Date: January 2, 2006 08:22

QUESTION:

In the video below, Ronnie & Keith are backstage and Keith brings Tom Waits back to meet Ronnie, etc...

NOW... look closely in the back of the room they are meeting in... there's a guy sitting on the bench at the back of the room who looks ALOT like Mick Taylor...

And both Keith and Ronnie are introducing Tom Waits to this guy, but he's not on cam very long...

Is the "mystery guy" Mick Taylor ??

[www.youtube.com]

"It's just that demon life has got me in it's sway..."

Date: January 2, 2006 09:33

bayou, that kind of video is the stuff I love most. This is when you see them the way they are for real, as humans. It's funny when Ron grabs Tom's cheeks, like he can not quit touching him. Tom looks almost ill at ease LOL.
That mystery guy I think might be Joe Elliott from Def Leppard.

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Date: January 2, 2006 17:30

The Child Of The Moon promo is great. The other day I saw a promo clip of Love In Vain that I never have seen before. I got the "Bill Wyman Blues Odysse" for Christmas and it's great. The Love in Vain clip is great with new vocals overdubbed!

Posted by: BornOnTheBayou ()
Date: January 2, 2006 20:22

ChelseaDrugstore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> That mystery guy I think might be Joe Elliott from
> Def Leppard.
>

Yeah... come to think of it... Elliott and Taylor look quite alot alike actually... good call, it's probably him

"It's just that demon life has got me in it's sway..."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1547
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home