Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Fan Club DVD
Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: December 15, 2005 01:29

Drum Roll PLease........................................................................................................................................................................I just got home and low and behold........................................................I got the Fan Club DVD.............................comes in a nice round silver metal case with the Stones tongue on the top. Haven't had a chance to see what's on it yet!!!!

Re: Fan Club DVD
Posted by: maxx ()
Date: December 15, 2005 01:56

Good God

They do exist then smiling smiley

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: December 15, 2005 05:58

does the us ever get them?????????? rs.com suxxxxxxxxxxxx

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: December 15, 2005 10:09

I have actually had mine for quite a while. Really not worth the wait.

Date: December 15, 2005 11:15

Haven't received mine yet...

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: December 15, 2005 11:41

DandelionPowderman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Haven't received mine yet...

Neither have I. I should get 4. We'll see

Posted by: riffhard72 ()
Date: December 15, 2005 12:40

No Expectations - Where are you located?? I'm in the UK and haven't had a sniff of a DVD yet....

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: December 15, 2005 15:03

Another UK fan here without DVD, although I think i have all the concert footage and all the 2002/3 clips from the Official website so i think this DVD may disappoint me.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: December 15, 2005 15:23

I am in the San Francisco Bay Area. The DVD was mailed from someplace in Alabama. It's done in the same style as Four Flicks. Divided into four segments.

1) India Mini Documentary
2) Hong Kong Mini Documentary
3) Live from the Archives (3 Songs)
*Midnight Rambler and Angie from Licks Tour & Boogie Chillin with Eric Clapton & John Lee Hooker from Atlantic City "89"
4) Talking with the Band

Posted by: Jack Knife ()
Date: December 15, 2005 17:37

I'm in the U. S. and never got mine either. Should I contact rollingstones.com?

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: December 15, 2005 19:16

Got it today, in Sweet (Manassas) Virginia...I just watched, it...it'll go in the archive, but nothing special....

JR

Posted by: Hot Meat Pie ()
Date: December 22, 2005 11:28

Did anyone in the UK receive their Fan Club DVD yet?

Or are there people in any other countries that are still waiting for the DVD?

I'm still waiting for my copy.

Cheers,

Posted by: Rockingfan ()
Date: December 22, 2005 11:29

I am waiting for 20 copies if you know what I mean......

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: December 22, 2005 11:54

Still waiting here in Sweden..

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: December 22, 2005 12:29

Four Flicks outtakes and very little new material. Could have been made 3 years ago and there is no excuse for the wait. They could have sent something nice (Phoenix) as a gesture for buying $450 tickets this tour but for the same price sent garbage and once again give a different kind of gesture.

Date: December 22, 2005 12:43

In the UK and still waiting ....

Posted by: Tom Petty ()
Date: December 22, 2005 13:57

got mine in perth, australia, a week ago - the content's ok, but it's essentially 4 flicks outtakes - RS.com are a pack of @#$%& who treat fans appalingly

Posted by: rknuth ()
Date: December 22, 2005 14:06

Jack Knife, you forgot The Nearness Of You from Circus Krone which is the highlite of this boring DVD.

Date: December 22, 2005 14:29

OK - I posted on rs.com and here is the response:

----------------------------------

"Nothing for me in the UK yet.

Staff - can you shed any light on this at all????? I mean, am I acutally going to receive the poster and DVD if I live in the UK??? Will I actually receive them before the Wembley show in August 2006????

I know the logistics of sending all this stuff out must be a bit of a nightmare, but I feel forgotten......

IS IT COMING TO ME?????"

-----------------------------------

Post Extras:       maria-c
(Shebeen-er)12/21/05 10:18 AM

Re: How does the free DVD and poster work? [re: riffhard72]

I'm not sure why everyone is so surprised that the items are shipping separately...it's not like we bought them at Macy's and they arrange shhipping for us....

We are averaging about 3,000 DVD units a day being shipped. That means a human takes the disc, puts it in the tin, puts the tin into a plastic sleeve then into a padded envelope. THen, that envelope gets a label and postage and is taken to the post office.

We are not shipping International first, or nice names first, the dvd's are being shipped in order of how the system spits out the list of current active platinum members.

The poster is being shipped out a bit faster, they average aobut 4,000 units a day because they are pre-tubed, and just need a label and postage stamped on them.

If you joined after November 30th of this year, you will not receive your DVD and poster this year for sure. We are manufacturing more dvd's and posters, and the cut off for the first batch was membership prior to NOvember 30th.

Before all the funny comments start - no, we're not going to keep new members waiting as long as the old members had to wait.....now the delay is simply manufacturing and shipping.

------------------------------

Make of that what you will......

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: December 22, 2005 14:39

so , not only do RS.COM provide a lacklustre, poor service,
you also get a smart-arse, arrogant, response from them,
when you have a genuine query or concern.
....greeeaaat.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 22, 2005 15:31

I'm amazed at their sheer rudeness. Your original correspondence was quite restrained (and gave them more respect than they deserved, to be honest)

Cheeky fúckers

Date: December 22, 2005 15:39

It's a joke really isn't it.

I think I'm gonna knock the 'fan club' on the head after this. It's pretty piss poor in everything it does.

Also, anyone noticed how the stuff in the shop is better in the US than the Europe version??

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 22, 2005 15:49

oh yeah, thats been the case from WAY back.

the ticket-buying rules have always been aimed more at US fans too. Like they did on the Licks tour, they changed the rules for the 'worldwide' part of the tour in a way which made it harder for us to get tickets

Going back as far as the BTB tour, I've noticed that once the tour leaves the US, the news and info part of the site become less up to date. Whilst its improved so far in that respect than it was before, it'll be interesting to see if thats maintained in 2006.

Posted by: Lil' Brian ()
Date: December 22, 2005 16:21

I got one about a week ago here in the States. My favorite part was Ronnie with his guitar collection and Charlie talking about how his drum kit doesn't make sense. :-)

Posted by: Gangster-of-love ()
Date: December 22, 2005 19:52

Didn't got it until this moment, and the stuff of rs.com don't give me an answer about my questions concerning the shipment of the DVD

Keep on rollin'
Gangster

Date: December 23, 2005 10:48

What did you expect: sorry? Doing our best?

I haven't got a job, send me a box of discs, tins etc and I'll help out :-)

Posted by: Hot Meat Pie ()
Date: January 6, 2006 12:58

I'm still waiting in the UK for my DVD and I'm actually quite keen to watch it as I enjoy any Stones material.

Is anyone anywhere still waiting to receive the Fan Club DVD?

Please let me know.

Steve.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: January 6, 2006 13:20

Still waiting. Got the poster yesterday.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: January 6, 2006 13:36

Still no DVD or poster here. If they drop it off at MSG I'll collect it in person next week. It's only a 7000 mile round trip....

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: January 6, 2006 13:42

I am in u.k i have not got my dvd or the book (according to stones) as they
keep sending out e.mails sayin they checking their records an dwillsort it out. The fan club has become a joke,THEY TAKE OUR MONEY AND RUN AS FAST AS THEY
CAN. NO SYMPATHY FOR THE FANS.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1877
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home