Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
The Rolling Stones Will Appear On 'Days of our Lives'
Posted by: micwer ()
Date: December 13, 2005 23:26

Continuing its unprecedented partnership with the Rolling Stones, NBC's popular daytime drama "Days of our Lives" has taped scenes featuring four of its core characters attending the November 4 Rolling Stones concert in Anaheim, California. Footage of the "Days" characters at the Stones concert will air December 16, 19 and 20.

On November 4, "Days of our Lives" sent four of its most popular actors to Anaheim, California for the Rolling Stones concert. The "Days" characters were prominently featured in the audience at the concert and shown on the big screen behind stage as The Stones performed.

"Having 'Days of our Lives' actors attend the Rolling Stones concert was an amazing opportunity to take this partnership to the next level," said Kostura. "Fan reaction to the Rolling Stones video premiere and the reception that the 'Days' actors received at the concert illustrate the show's continued relevance in pop culture in this, its fortieth year."

Randy Miller, Virgin Records' Executive Vice President, Marketing, noted, "with 'Days of our Lives' celebrating its 40th anniversary and its continued popularity as the #1 daytime drama amongst women 18-34, the show was the perfect vehicle for continuing to promote the Rolling Stones' new CD 'A Bigger Bang.'"

Considered the greatest rock-n-roll band of all time, the Rolling Stones continue their tremendous popularity 40 years after they began touring. Since their most recent tour kicked off in August 2005, the Stones have continued their electrifying performances to sold out crowds and have included new hits from their critically acclaimed CD "A Bigger Bang" which was released in September 2005.

"Days of our Lives" premiered on November 8, 1965 as a half-hour daytime drama and expanded to one hour 10 years later. The series has gone on to become one of daytime drama's rare mainstays and its cast and crew just celebrated its 40-year anniversary earlier this month.

My comments: Very very sad... Come on, Days of Our Lives is a soap opera. Couldn't they find anything less embarrassing for the fans?

Re: The Rolling Stones Will Appear On 'Days of our Lives'
Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: December 13, 2005 23:32

Early for April Fools isn't it micwer?

Posted by: gut ()
Date: December 13, 2005 23:36

Extremely Pathetic! Lamest Promotion EVER!!!!!

I Watched the video "debut" on the soap and it was horrible. As part of the soap's crappy story plotline, one of the actors was having to feign interest in the video and be "so moved' while watching the video that she was driven to tears by its emotion.

(Spit)

The only people who should cry at the SOL video are the loyal fans who are so embarrassed by the Stones for humiliating themselves with such crap.

#......Go ahead....Bite the Big Apple....Don't mind the Maggots.....Uh Huh...#

Posted by: NY POST ()
Date: December 13, 2005 23:38

That is it I am done

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: December 13, 2005 23:41

Would that be equivalent to the german "Lindenstrasse"?
I guess so - anyone?

then it is disgusting

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-12-13 23:42 by open-g.

Date: December 13, 2005 23:46

++++++"Having 'Days of our Lives' actors attend the Rolling Stones concert was an amazing opportunity to take this partnership to the next level," said Kostura. "Fan reaction to the Rolling Stones video premiere and the reception that the 'Days' actors received at the concert illustrate the show's continued relevance in pop culture in this, its fortieth year."++++++++

I cannot believe that the Stones themselves are aware of how lame and idiotic it is to tie themselves to a f-cking soap opera. Someone in the lower organization who is responsible for this marketing diaster has to be the blame.

Surely, Keith has no idea of this crap.

Date: December 13, 2005 23:52

Yeah right, Keith : "You can keep the money pal"...

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: December 14, 2005 02:15

Shite! I thought you were joking micwer! This really happend then! Jesus Christ!

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: December 14, 2005 02:27

Well they did something comparable with Beverly Hills 90210 in '94!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Date: December 14, 2005 02:58

I wish it was a joke.

"Kids are different today" I guess...
Do you think they knew when they wrote Mother's Little Helper that they would promote their album/tour on the worst (since it's been on for 40 years) american Soap Opera?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 14, 2005 03:23

Wuudy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well they did something comparable with Beverly
> Hills 90210 in '94!
>
They just allowed concert footage from the Giants Stadium VL home video to be used in a storyline about some of the cast members going to a Stones gig (even though it was supposed to be in LA) - sound familiar?

Days of Our Lives is a bigger and cheesier pile of dog turd than BH90210 by far, and not only did they allow something similar to the above storyline but allowed SOL to be used in another episode that Gut speaks of above

This whole nonsense really is a new low in the band's history and credibility. A commercial tie-in with an awful, tacky daytime soap is unbelievable. What the fĂșck are they thinking of? Have they no pride in their work anymore and are content to make themselves a laughing stock just because someone dangles a big enough cheque at them? What next? The next single to be used in an ad. for stairlifts for geriatrics? Now they've gone for the housewife market, they may as well target the coffin dodgers next

Posted by: cc ()
Date: December 14, 2005 03:42

"Fan reaction to the Rolling Stones video premiere and the reception that the 'Days' actors received at the concert illustrate the show's continued relevance in pop culture in this, its fortieth year."

Hilarious - trying to say the show is hip for plugging the stones, in 2005! Lies, coming out of your mouth like dirt...

cc

Date: December 14, 2005 04:37

It is so freaking obvious that someone at Days of Our Lives is trying to tie that piece of crap to the Stones' hipness. Unbelievable still, that the Stones are allowing it to happen.

By far, this is the worst thing the Stones have ever done....that is, until we see Jagger lip-syncing at the Super Bowl while clowning around with scantily clad cheerleaders. That will be the ultimate low point.

Where is the shame in all of this? Don't they recognize how incredibley lame this promotion is....and it didn't even yield success; GeorgeLicks said SOL has never been on an American chart.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: December 14, 2005 04:38

Nothing surprises me anymore from the Stones they are pathetic.

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Date: December 14, 2005 04:43

====Days of Our Lives is a bigger and cheesier pile of dog turd than BH90210 by far, and not only did they allow something similar to the above storyline but allowed SOL to be used in another episode that Gut speaks of above====

Even more, I don't think fans of the soap opera like the Stones anymore either. My wife is a die hard fan of that shit, and a mediocre Stones fan at best, and the "Streets Of Love" love story did nothing to change that. A pathetic bust indeed, but I guess the Glimmers are laughing all the way to the bank with their shitmoney....not blood money....just shitmoney.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: December 14, 2005 05:19

In one of those US (daytime) soaps there's actually a guy who looks a lot like Keith (don't ask me how I know grinning smiley )

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: December 14, 2005 05:25

gut wrote:

>By far, this is the worst thing the Stones have ever done....that is, until we see Jagger lip-syncing at the Super Bowl while clowning around with scantily clad cheerleaders. That will be the ultimate low point.

god please! he better not lip sync!!!!!!!!!!that would suck!

Posted by: davido ()
Date: December 14, 2005 05:36

A commercial misstep here,
didn't seem to sell a whole lot
of records,least of all SOL.
Embarrasing? Yes. The ole
Stones cringe factor
at play here.......................

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: December 14, 2005 05:40

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-23 00:57 by cirrhosis.

Posted by: drake ()
Date: December 14, 2005 07:27

I hate soap operas.

Date: December 14, 2005 07:55

====I hate soap operas.====

Amen!

I don't cut the Stones any slack on this one. Not being in on the decision is not an excuse. Once they found out how incredibly stupid this was, they should have rose unholy hell to get out of it. The Katrina Charity is a good cause and they can give lots of money, but just not thru something this inane.

Date: December 14, 2005 07:59

=======>By far, this is the worst thing the Stones have ever done....that is, until we see Jagger lip-syncing at the Super Bowl while clowning around with scantily clad cheerleaders. That will be the ultimate low point.

god please! he better not lip sync!!!!!!!!!!that would suck!=====

Good God! Can you imagine the number of threads and posts that are going to be made here once this abomination takes place? The Super Bowl is the ultimate sell-out.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: December 14, 2005 08:08

Soap operas! The only thing I know about soap operas is that there are a shitload of feminine hygeine commercials on and ,which will one day use "Streets of Love", in an upcoming ad.

Date: December 14, 2005 08:16

You know I wasn't as judgemental on "Streets of Love" when it first came out. I kind of liked it and enjoyed listening to it.....

Then, this Days of Our Lives fiasco and that idiotic accompanying video has really made cringe when I hear it.

I've started to skip it when listening to ABB. I replaced it with "Dangerous Beauty", which has shitty lyrics and stupid content but at least the music rocks good.

Posted by: RankOutsider ()
Date: December 14, 2005 09:08

The sooner they get out of this Virgin contract the better.

I ain't stupid, I'm just guitarded.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 14, 2005 11:58

Nothing to do with Virgin, Rank. Cirrhosis' 'excuses' were a bit tongue in cheek.

the Stones are 100% responsible for the licensing of their post-ABCKO product. Not their record label or anyone else.

Posted by: Pussy Whips ()
Date: December 14, 2005 13:55

The Rolling Stones on Days Of Our Lives?
Hmmmmmm.
Not that there is anything wrong with that!

Posted by: todd40fla ()
Date: December 14, 2005 14:35

this gets even worse guys......

i was at the anaheim show. throughout the concert they kept showing full facial shots of day's actors and actresses on the freaking big screen...."acting" like they were going absolutely wild during several songs. it was obvious during the show that we were all really there as "extras" for a damned soap opera.

i knew that they must be taping for a future episode...had tried to put it in the back of my mind....but now it is all coming back to me....BLECH!!!!!!

Date: December 14, 2005 16:58

What sucks even more is that U2 did the same thing, but with a much cooler, hipper HBO show called Entourage (for those who live in the US), fewer viewers but much better for marketing purposes IMO.

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: December 14, 2005 18:17

This is just another blow to The Stones credibility as far as I'm concerned. The Stones should worry about their legacy, in stead of making as much money as possible, appearing in bloody soap opera's, commercials for Mercedes and f%cking up during AM Awards. (I could go on with Rarities, ABB special edition, etc.)

What's wrong with them for christ sake!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-12-14 18:26 by mr edward.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1696
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home