Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Time is on my Side 2024
Posted by: southboundtrain ()
Date: May 6, 2024 17:35

Enjoyed this version a lot, spiritually uplifting.

During the last minute, Mick twice frantically signals with his arm to his right. Anyone have an idea what was going on there ?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-07 00:20 by southboundtrain.

Re: Time is on my Side 2024
Posted by: bauk77 ()
Date: May 6, 2024 17:50

on this tour a lot of handsignals so far :-)

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: May 6, 2024 18:28

southboundtrain

During the last minute, Mick twice frantically signals with this arm to his right. Anyone have an idea what was going on there ?

Possibly Time Was On His Right Side, but running out for the song?

www.rsundercover.eu

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: May 6, 2024 18:48

So how unlikely is it we'll hear it again this tour?

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: May 6, 2024 18:52

southboundtrain

During the last minute, Mick twice frantically signals with this arm to his right. Anyone have an idea what was going on there ?

Sorry but my mind went to 1981 Still Life concert, half expected Keith to feature with his loud guitar and backing vocals and then i remembered, that Keith doesn't exist anymore.
There was something magical about Keith, he made you believe he would be back when you least expect it.
Finally i accept that Keith is gone forever.

Same thing when i saw Let It Bleed in the setlist, i thought wow Keith's solo, this is something different, then no solo, instead another guest, man it hurts right now to be a Keith fan, he just doesn't get a look in.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-06 18:57 by keefriffhards.

Date: May 6, 2024 19:01

bauk77
on this tour a lot of handsignals so far :-)

Hand signals, directions, waves and claps mostly.
Very little Rock And Roll, just watch the audience, they know somethings missing.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-06 19:12 by keefriffhards.

Posted by: philrock90 ()
Date: May 6, 2024 19:10

southboundtrain

I thought he was rolling his hand to suggest that "time time time is on my side" x2

Posted by: J-J-Flash ()
Date: May 6, 2024 19:40

Keith's lack of a guitar solo was even worst with him starting to do it than completely stopping. Better if he didn't play anything during that part.

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: May 6, 2024 21:14

J-J-Flash
Keith's lack of a guitar solo was even worst with him starting to do it than completely stopping. Better if he didn't play anything during that part.

Keith’s part was fine. It was Mick who screwed it up and missed the bridge.

Date: May 6, 2024 21:21

keefriffhards

Same thing when i saw Let It Bleed in the setlist, i thought wow Keith's solo, this is something different, then no solo, instead another guest, man it hurts right now to be a Keith fan, he just doesn't get a look in.

What do you expect at his age ? No guitarist reaches the level that he had when he was young.

Posted by: erad ()
Date: May 6, 2024 22:57

keefriffhards
southboundtrain

Sorry but my mind went to 1981 Still Life concert, half expected Keith to feature with his loud guitar and backing vocals and then i remembered, that Keith doesn't exist anymore.
There was something magical about Keith, he made you believe he would be back when you least expect it.

Dude you seriously need to get some hobbies.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 6, 2024 23:06

....what about a hobby-horse ??????

ROCKMAN

Posted by: FeelslikeaGhost ()
Date: May 6, 2024 23:21

keefriffhards
southboundtrain

Dude seriously, what’s with this Keith persecution complex you have? No matter what the topic is you always have to bring up the fact that you think Keith is being erased from history? It’s childish really.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 7, 2024 10:21

cyclist
So how unlikely is it we'll hear it again this tour?

Need to ask from a fortune teller that one...

But theoretically it could replace "Out of Time" as an old sing-along number, since - at least in Houston - the American audiences were not that familiar with that one. "Time Is On my Side" has a special history in USA; it being their first top ten hit there. Exactly 60 Years ago... Maybe the people would recall that one better?

But I don't think it will happen, and what we saw was a singular performance of it. And part of me sees that as a good thing - just to point out the special nature of the occasion - a duet with with the Soul Queen of New Orleans, Irma Thomas. Those who happened to be there, witnessed history. Lucky them. Not anything need to be make like T-Fords or Big Macs.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-07 10:22 by Doxa.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: May 7, 2024 13:19

keefriffhards
southboundtrain

i'm not gonna criticize your comment

instead i'm gonna challenge you to just post positive things you liked about the next show in glendale

and then you can go back to being critical for vegas

come on i know you can do it

i mean there's gotta be something you still like in the shows right?

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: May 7, 2024 14:06

RisingStone
Musicwinn
Yes in Japan, [youtu.be]
But it was rehearsed in 2002 as well

RG
PaintMonkeyManBlack
Time is on my side…. Epic if true…played once in the last 42 years..

Last time played in 1998, Japan. Bridges to Babylon Tour.

Yes, Osaka Dome, March 20, 1998 — I was there. The Rolling Stones’ first ever concert in my hometown. It was all seating and I was on the tenth row on the ground, the Keith side.
TIOMS was a web vote. So memorable. I have a vivid memory of the moment the song title was projected on the back screen, the whole scene erupted in a tremendous roar, the excitement that ran through my body and the performance itself. I’ll never forget it all.

I posted the above comment to the New Orleans show thread at 17:02 local time on show day, but it was kind of lost amidst the excitement of the countdown to the show start hence quote here as a memoir.

The Osakan TIOMS was played for the first time in 16 years and last time in 26 years, which makes it the only performance in the 42 years before New Orleans — a true one-off.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-07 20:36 by RisingStone.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: May 7, 2024 15:06

keefriffhards
southboundtrain

Man just stop this wining, stop this crying. The guys turning 81 this year, he is having a good time, as are the 70 thousand people in the audience.

Get over it, stop posting on this board if this is all you have to offer.

Mathijs

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 7, 2024 16:15

@keefriffhards :

If you want to travel back to 81, have you noticed the 1st few concerts of the tour really sucked? The opening gigs in Philie were pitiful, then hastily added sax player Lee Allen didn't gel with the band at all.

It wasn't until the 7th gig of the tour (San Diego) that things started to head in the right direction... Ernie Watts was in and the live machine worked better.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 7, 2024 16:26

Sorry, but my mind went to the 1982 Leeds concert. I half expected Chuck to steal the spotlight in a crescendo of plink and backing vocals and then I remembered, that Chuck doesn't exist anymore.

There was something magical about Chuck. He made you believe he would be back when you least expected it. His long locks blowing in the wind. That irrepressible grin that said, "I'm the f***in' musical director of The Rolling Stones, see my set list?" Finally, I accept that Chuck is gone forever.

Same thing when Miss You started, I thought, "Wow! This is Chuck's number, practically no guitars." Then Matt started the harmonica playback from his keyboard instead. Man, it hurts right now to be a Chuck fan. He just doesn't get a look in.

Date: May 7, 2024 17:21

ProfessorWolf
keefriffhards
southboundtrain

i'm not gonna criticize your comment

instead i'm gonna challenge you to just post positive things you liked about the next show in glendale

and then you can go back to being critical for vegas

come on i know you can do it

i mean there's gotta be something you still like in the shows right?

Of course there are positives about the show, Mick is still blowing my mind that he can still be Mick Jagger on stage, he's a professional and he always gives it all he has.

Ronnie is so much better than he was in 2022, the energy is there again, the solo's are better, Mick and Ronnie are fulfilling their roles, anything else is unacceptable.

I hope Keith can still pull it off, as said above even in 81' he treated the first 2 shows as rehearsals, unfortunately he can't afford to do that now.
He showed in Berlin 22' when he's in the mood and he wants to play, my God can he still play. But does he want to, I'm not sure his heart is in it with the Stones and it's disappointing to say the least.
If you go back to 2022' before the tour when he played with the Winos in New York he absolutely killed it, best solo on BTMMR I'd seen in decades and didn't get a word wrong on the vocals, he was up for it and he wanted to play, this was only 2 years ago, so yeah I'm trying to be positive, let's hope he gets it together.

Date: May 7, 2024 17:50

Rocky Dijon
Sorry, but my mind went to the 1982 Leeds concert. I half expected Chuck to steal the spotlight in a crescendo of plink and backing vocals and then I remembered, that Chuck doesn't exist anymore.

There was something magical about Chuck. He made you believe he would be back when you least expected it. His long locks blowing in the wind. That irrepressible grin that said, "I'm the f***in' musical director of The Rolling Stones, see my set list?" Finally, I accept that Chuck is gone forever.

Same thing when Miss You started, I thought, "Wow! This is Chuck's number, practically no guitars." Then Matt started the harmonica playback from his keyboard instead. Man, it hurts right now to be a Chuck fan. He just doesn't get a look in.

It's even harder for us Michael Davis-fans...

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: May 7, 2024 18:00

Still on a high from hearing this.. I’d hoped to hear Time Is On My Side again since ‘81, and for them to do it with Irma was the cherry on top.. Cool they added the backstage rehearsal of it in their NOLA social media piece today smiling smiley

Date: May 7, 2024 18:14

DandelionPowderman

Agreed. Tim Ries will never finger his mouthpiece the way Michael Davis could. Michael's vibrato on "Terrifying" will never be matched. He may have only been with them a few years, but they are unquestionably the Golden Years of the band. And don't get me started on the songwriting credits Michael Davis was denied. That includes songs written before he toured with them. Michael made them his.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 7, 2024 18:21

Rocky Dijon
DandelionPowderman

Agreed. Tim Ries will never finger his mouthpiece the way Michael Davis could. Michael's vibrato on "Terrifying" will never be matched. He may have only been with them a few years, but they are unquestionably the Golden Years of the band. And don't get me started on the songwriting credits Michael Davis was denied. That includes songs written before he toured with them. Michael made them his.

Would it be appropriate to pine for a "Sons of Davis & Reis" project here, or should we dedicate a thread to it?

Date: May 7, 2024 18:22

I miss Skippy.

Date: May 7, 2024 18:27

Rocky Dijon
I miss Skippy.

Huh wha?! Gaslight?

EDIT: you had me scared for a second...skipstone's still here right?

In his alter ego.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-07 18:32 by treaclefingers.

Date: May 7, 2024 18:28

Guess who I miss.

Date: May 7, 2024 18:31

TheflyingDutchman
Guess who I miss.

Hairball.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: May 7, 2024 18:31

Rocky Dijon
DandelionPowderman

They only played Terrifying in the Steel Wheels/Urban Jungle tour and Michael Davis was first present on the Voodoo Lounge tour....

Date: May 7, 2024 18:38

See, this, this is exactly why Michal Davis was superior to Kent Smith.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1479
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home