Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 10 of 11
Re: New Orleans LA USA show live updates - Thursday May 2, 2024 - The Rolling Stones Hackney Diamonds Tour
Posted by: agu82 ()
Date: May 4, 2024 04:09

Full concert

Thanks Thanks Glen Turner, Ande Rasmussen, Matt Lee, Cocktails, Michael Weinbaum, Christijanus1

video: [www.youtube.com]

Re: New Orleans LA USA show live updates - Thursday May 2, 2024 - The Rolling Stones Hackney Diamonds Tour
Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: May 4, 2024 04:59

Today was a lot of fun. a little rain. It was nice to see Steve Jordan play with a competent guitar player. Jay Jay French of Twisted Sister. I am joking but today's set was also really good.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: May 4, 2024 06:34

The sign language interpreter is real. They had one at Desert Trip too.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 4, 2024 06:43

There were Deaf Interpreters at the Ronnie side wing side of the stage. Mick never used that wing. There were several Deaf Interpreters changing. It waas great to see them working, dancing to the songs, whene there were no lyrics.

Bjornulf

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: May 4, 2024 07:13

Did anyone catch Samantha fish???

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: May 4, 2024 07:35

Forgot to add to my show report but the last time I heard Time Is On My Side, Let It Bleed, and Little T&A was at a show in '81.. Then yesterday (43 years later) I hear them all again in the same show.. I half expected Black Limousine to come out on a double encore!

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: May 4, 2024 10:23

Great Let it Bleed version.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: Nankstone ()
Date: May 4, 2024 11:29

Don't know if it was posted before.
After the gig Irma+Band & Ronnie performed the song again in a small club.

[twitter.com]

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: May 4, 2024 13:56

JadedFaded
The sign language interpreter is real. They had one at Desert Trip too.

thank you for clarifying that for me

i agree with bv too they really are fun and entertaining to watch on top of performing a useful purpose for the hearing impaired

the guy there during t&a when signing "tits and ass with soul" and really emphasizing the ass part was just hilariously awesome and really made the 12 year old in me happywinking smiley

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: May 4, 2024 14:00

Nankstone
Don't know if it was posted before.
After the gig Irma+Band & Ronnie performed the song again in a small club.

[twitter.com]

thank you that was great

thanks

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: May 4, 2024 15:42

ProfessorWolf
Doxa
keefriffhards
We didn't get Tell Me Straight.
I'm out of here, it's Mick's show now and good luck to him, Keith has no input, it's not the Stones, i didn't sign up for that, but enjoy for all those who did.

If your little Stones world is broken to pieces if Keith doesn't sing two tunes, I hope you never experienced The Stones live before 1989. By your criterion, it was all "Mick's show" before that.

- Doxa

he's being a bit of a drama queen granted but keith's been doing regular two song sets for longer then i've been alive

it is a substantial change in there shows

but if he keeps playing t&a like that i'm fine with it

still hoping midnight rambler reappears at some point though

I am also hoping and praying MR is included asap. It's such a highlight for me and many, many, many others!

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: May 4, 2024 16:02

kkhoranstoned
Did anyone catch Samantha fish???

She is amazing. Really great.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: May 4, 2024 16:13

steffialicia
ProfessorWolf
Doxa
keefriffhards
I'm out of here, it's Mick's show now and good luck to him, Keith has no input, it's not the Stones, i didn't sign up for that, but enjoy for all those who did.

If your little Stones world is broken to pieces if Keith doesn't sing two tunes, I hope you never experienced The Stones live before 1989. By your criterion, it was all "Mick's show" before that.

- Doxa

he's being a bit of a drama queen granted but keith's been doing regular two song sets for longer then i've been alive

I am also hoping and praying MR is included asap. It's such a highlight for me and many, many, many others!

I think it's great they haved ditched some warhorses (midnight rambler, iorr, brown sugar) during recent tours and we get some fresher songs instead.

In the past everyone here complained about warhorses, now they don't play some of them and people want them back.

No matter what they do, someone will always be dissatisfied.

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: May 4, 2024 16:24

StonedRambler

Do you mean financially, sexually, or philosophically dissatisfied?

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: May 4, 2024 17:41

steffialicia

I think your best shot might be at the NYC area and Boston shows. There will be a more masculine hard core fanbase there and it will fit in nicely with that genre.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 4, 2024 18:09

StonedRambler
steffialicia
ProfessorWolf
Doxa
keefriffhards

- Doxa

I think it's great they haved ditched some warhorses (midnight rambler, iorr, brown sugar) during recent tours and we get some fresher songs instead.

In the past everyone here complained about warhorses, now they don't play some of them and people want them back.

It's sort of like they can't get no satisfaction...or something.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 4, 2024 18:11

josepi
StonedRambler

financially and sexually satisfied, philosophically still trying.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: May 4, 2024 20:33

The Sicilian
steffialicia

I think your best shot might be at the NYC area and Boston shows. There will be a more masculine hard core fanbase there and it will fit in nicely with that genre.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Hope so. I'm going to NJ 1 (and maybe 2) and Philadelphia.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: May 5, 2024 00:15

treaclefingers
josepi
StonedRambler

hot smiley

Date: May 5, 2024 00:40

StonedRambler
treaclefingers
josepi
StonedRambler

hot smiley

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: May 5, 2024 03:37

smoking smiley

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 5, 2024 06:37

MichaelLassen
I wish and hope Mick will stick with the credo of “It’s only rock’n roll and we like it” instead of going into politics.(I never heard of their govenor before). Its enough of an embarrasment that he decided to cancel Brown Sugar (but at least we saw that Keith has learned the art of being diplomaticnwith his comments and obvious dissagreement over that decision).

Anyways, at least Jeff Laundry didn’t make it dirty and didn’t hint at stuff like if Micks hairdye finally got to his brain or certain experimental fluids etc.

Anyway, if Mick is going political, I look forward to his comments in California, New York, Chicago and Florida. Too bad they are not playing Washington DC ;-)

He could learn something from BV about not mixing rock’n roll and politics.

A little context, which it appears Mick is aware of: New Orleans, and the metro region, is not like the rest of Louisiana. And what Mick said is on point. Of course, what's hilarious is what Landry said about Mick remembering the Stone Age... yet he was at the show.

Projection can be funny.

Fair game about the upcoming shows but none of those places are in as dire a place as Louisiana. We get one more blast from a hurricane this year and it probably won't matter anymore anyway, it will be absolute chaos in ways that have been imagined.

I'm grateful that the Stones played Jazz Fest. I wish I could've gone but it didn't work out for me. Jazz Fest is going through a change and the Stones essentially kicked it off.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 5, 2024 06:57

keefriffhards
Testify
keefriffhards
Then it wasn't even the Stones in the 70s, when Keith barely sang a song per concert!

It's not jus about Keith being demoted to one song, it's his lack of imput into the Stones that's the problem, from only writing 2 or 3 tracks on the new album to not having any involvement with song selection on tours etc. He was the driving force writing musically in the 70s, he drove the band and the band sounded the way he wanted it to sound.
That's not the case now and it's been that way for decades.
And to say now he doesn't get a chance to sing a new song from the album to make room, and no Rambler, i mean come on.

You'll have to have a chat with Keith about his input. And why he's, so far, only been playing one song. Two shows in and it's the end of the Stones' world because Keith isn't playing 2 songs?

Keith's lack of input might be a lack of interest - have you ever thought about that - or it's because he can't? Maybe it's a combination of no Midnight Rambler and IORR to focus on the new songs and part of that is one less Keith song in terms or time.

We don't actually know, do we. Maybe we will later this year.

Or do you just believe what you believe and not actually read? Keith's one song on tour is one thing but the rest of it... you're a bit much about:

I've got three songs and they‘re dynamite. I don‘t want to make any decisions about this until this record comes out, because I think it might radically change Mick‘s attitude; it might change mine. I want to see the fallout from (Blue & Lonesome) before I decide whether I want to record 40 of Mick‘s songs or whether he wants to sit down with me and record some songs together. That‘s my thing. That‘s my ball there. I‘ve always got a few songs on the back burner and so does Mick - he writes a lot. I don‘t. I tend to concentrate on two or three really interesting riffs or ideas, rather than being prolific... We did (record new songs) but they're still being worked on.
- Keith Richards, October-November 2016

Mick and I got together for a few days a month or so ago in the studio, just playing around. It was great, man. We knocked out a few songs together with Don Was. We’re just working things through. We had a great time — got some nice stuff out of it.
- Keith Richards, November 2018

I had very little input in the ­lyrics, but a lot of input in how the tracks were shaped, building riffs around what Mick had. I was interested in capturing his enthusiasm. The urgency and speed with which we did this amazed me. Bam! There’s a good take, next!
- Keith Richards, September 2023

[timeisonourside.com]

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 5, 2024 07:27

The IORR editorial reports from the show has been updated with more reports and pictures:

The Rolling Stones
Jazz Fest
New Orleans LA USA
Thursday May 2, 2024

Bjornulf

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: May 5, 2024 12:16

GasLightStreet
keefriffhards
Testify
keefriffhards
Then it wasn't even the Stones in the 70s, when Keith barely sang a song per concert!

It's not jus about Keith being demoted to one song, it's his lack of imput into the Stones that's the problem, from only writing 2 or 3 tracks on the new album to not having any involvement with song selection on tours etc. He was the driving force writing musically in the 70s, he drove the band and the band sounded the way he wanted it to sound.
That's not the case now and it's been that way for decades.
And to say now he doesn't get a chance to sing a new song from the album to make room, and no Rambler, i mean come on.

You'll have to have a chat with Keith about his input. And why he's, so far, only been playing one song. Two shows in and it's the end of the Stones' world because Keith isn't playing 2 songs?

Keith's lack of input might be a lack of interest - have you ever thought about that - or it's because he can't? Maybe it's a combination of no Midnight Rambler and IORR to focus on the new songs and part of that is one less Keith song in terms or time.

We don't actually know, do we. Maybe we will later this year.

Or do you just believe what you believe and not actually read? Keith's one song on tour is one thing but the rest of it... you're a bit much about:

I've got three songs and they‘re dynamite. I don‘t want to make any decisions about this until this record comes out, because I think it might radically change Mick‘s attitude; it might change mine. I want to see the fallout from (Blue & Lonesome) before I decide whether I want to record 40 of Mick‘s songs or whether he wants to sit down with me and record some songs together. That‘s my thing. That‘s my ball there. I‘ve always got a few songs on the back burner and so does Mick - he writes a lot. I don‘t. I tend to concentrate on two or three really interesting riffs or ideas, rather than being prolific... We did (record new songs) but they're still being worked on.
- Keith Richards, October-November 2016

Mick and I got together for a few days a month or so ago in the studio, just playing around. It was great, man. We knocked out a few songs together with Don Was. We’re just working things through. We had a great time — got some nice stuff out of it.
- Keith Richards, November 2018

I had very little input in the ­lyrics, but a lot of input in how the tracks were shaped, building riffs around what Mick had. I was interested in capturing his enthusiasm. The urgency and speed with which we did this amazed me. Bam! There’s a good take, next!
- Keith Richards, September 2023

[timeisonourside.com]

Of course I've considered he's lost interest or that he just can't do it.

What happened to the songs in 2018 Keith is referring to while working with Don Was, even Charlie commented " what happened to the album."
It's as though a Stones album was shelved.

Probably not the thread to discuss but why charge 300 Dollars to see a Stones show if you've lost interest, if it's just Mick and his creative and physical input alone it's not the Stones is it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-05 12:28 by keefriffhards.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 5, 2024 12:53

keefriffhards

Probably not the thread to discuss but why charge 300 Dollars to see a Stones show if you've lost interest, if it's just Mick and his creative and physical input alone it's not the Stones is it?

Your logic do not make sense, but if you don't like the Stones or what Keith Richards does is not good enough for you, no one is forcing you to buy a ticket and go to see the Rolling Stones.

But have you ever considered the shit you project here on Keith - him being just a pathetic Mick's whipping boy with no own say or will, not being interest in what he does, etc. - how would you think he would react if you would say that personally to him?

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-05 12:54 by Doxa.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: May 5, 2024 14:11

Doxa
keefriffhards

Your logic do not make sense, but if you don't like the Stones or what Keith Richards does is not good enough for you, no one is forcing you to buy a ticket and go to see the Rolling Stones.

But have you ever considered the shit you project here on Keith - him being just a pathetic Mick's whipping boy with no own say or will, not being interest in what he does, etc. - how would you think he would react if you would say that personally to him?

- Doxa

That's twisting what i said, GasLightStreet suggested have i ever considered Keith lost interest or can't do it.
I've said countless times you only have to look at the Berlin show last time out to see Keith still has it.

Let's assume he's not well at the moment and can't deliver, why charge top Dollar, that's my point.
If Mick isn't up to it he postpones the show, why send a sick 80 year old Keith out there if he's not up to the task, that's not fair to him or the paying customers.

New Orleans LA - Thursday May 2, 2024 - The Rolling Stones Hackney Diamonds Tour
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 5, 2024 14:31

ABC News report

Re: New Orleans LA - Thursday May 2, 2024 - The Rolling Stones Hackney Diamonds Tour
Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: May 5, 2024 15:18

bye bye johnny
ABC News report

Started a thread about this during the broadcast.

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: May 5, 2024 15:51

I always read interesting speculations about why for example Keith is only singing on one song or why they aren't playing MR, but usually the real reasons are always more mundane than people think.
I also read imaginative reconstructions about Mick's relationship with Keith, even if perhaps based on interviews.
I think if you interview Keith three times in one week and ask him the same questions, you'll get three different versions.
Some of Keith's fans are making him look like an idiot without meaning to. I'm sure there isn't a single thing that RS does that hasn't been approved by Keith and I'm sure that if that wasn't the case Keith would have abandoned the Stones long ago.
Stop thinking Keith is an idiot, I understand that you do this to pin all the things you don't like on Mick, but by doing so you make Keith look like an idiot.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 10 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 970
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home