Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 8 of 11
Re: New Orleans LA USA show live updates - Thursday May 2, 2024 - The Rolling Stones Hackney Diamonds Tour
Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: May 3, 2024 11:08

first half of ssoh from hendrik mulder

facebook

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-03 11:09 by ProfessorWolf.

Re: New Orleans LA USA show live updates - Thursday May 2, 2024 - The Rolling Stones Hackney Diamonds Tour
Date: May 3, 2024 11:33

mick spits onstagewinking smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 3, 2024 11:37

keefriffhards
We didn't get Tell Me Straight.
I'm out of here, it's Mick's show now and good luck to him, Keith has no input, it's not the Stones, i didn't sign up for that, but enjoy for all those who did.

If your little Stones world is broken to pieces if Keith doesn't sing two tunes, I hope you never experienced The Stones live before 1989. By your criterion, it was all "Mick's show" before that.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-03 11:39 by Doxa.

Posted by: philrock90 ()
Date: May 3, 2024 11:42

ProfessorWolf

Wow disgusting that ruined the song for me their done for now should end it *insert sarcasm*

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: May 3, 2024 11:44

ProfessorWolf
keefriffhards
I'm out of here, it's Mick's show now and good luck to him, Keith has no input, it's not the Stones, i didn't sign up for that, but enjoy for all those who did.

ok but before you leave ya might wanna check out this clip of little t&a with a sign language interpreter!eye popping smileygrinning smiley

it's awesome and what there concerts have always been missingwinking smiley

by the way is this real or just someone messing around?

Sign language = messing around.

IORR strikes again.

Date: May 3, 2024 11:45

Doxa
keefriffhards

If your little Stones world is broken to pieces if Keith doesn't sing two tunes, I hope you never experienced The Stones live before 1989. By your criterion, it was all "Mick's show" before that.

- Doxa

he's being a bit of a drama queen granted but keith's been doing regular two song sets for longer then i've been alive

it is a substantial change in there shows

but if he keeps playing t&a like that i'm fine with it

still hoping midnight rambler reappears at some point though

Date: May 3, 2024 11:50

Bastion
ProfessorWolf
keefriffhards

ok but before you leave ya might wanna check out this clip of little t&a with a sign language interpreter!eye popping smileygrinning smiley

it's awesome and what there concerts have always been missingwinking smiley

by the way is this real or just someone messing around?

Sign language = messing around.

IORR strikes again.

i fear you've misinterpreted what i meant

i was asking seriously if the man in the video is using real asl or just making stuff up with his hands since i don't understand asl

some people do sadly fake it

i genuinely think its awesome

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-03 11:55 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: May 3, 2024 11:52

keefriffhards

Bye bye.

Date: May 3, 2024 11:53

tumbling dice

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-03 11:59 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 3, 2024 12:01

keefriffhards
Keith has no input, it's not the Stones, i didn't sign up for that, but enjoy for all those who did.

[/quote]

It's not about enjoying it or not. It's about being grateful for having the band playing songs in 2024. if you have someone you care for who's in their 80's (father mother?) you're grateful to have them around, you don't gripe about them being slow or not being able to do certain things.
In a way the Stones teach us about getting old. Sure this is not 1972 in terms of energy displayed onstage but that fact is quite logical, right?

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: May 3, 2024 12:06

It's not about enjoying it or not. It's about being grateful for having the band playing songs in 2024. if you have someone you care for who's in their 80's (father mother?) you're grateful to have them around, you don't gripe about them being slow or not being able to do certain things.
In a way the Stones teach us about getting old. Sure this is not 1972 in terms of energy displayed onstage but that fact is quite logical, right ?

----

You're right, of course.
But it's no credit to the group to say that any version in 2024 can be superior to one 20 or 30 years ago...
To me, that's unrealistic. But I respect everyone's opinion.
I'm a fan of the band, but not a defender of the Stones at all costs.

And this one-upmanship, tour after tour, why ?

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-03 12:16 by powerage78.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: May 3, 2024 12:06

Doxa
keefriffhards

- Doxa

Yeah, but there's no point arguing with a fool, Doxa! If for him it's not "The Rolling Stones" anymore but "Mick Jagger & His Rolling Stones Band with special guest Keith Richards", so be it.

Maybe Keith will hear his prayers and will put out "Crosseyed Heart Vol. 2" as the next Stones album with one or two Mick lead vocal tracks only to satisfy his demands...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-03 12:08 by retired_dog.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 3, 2024 12:22

ProfessorWolf
Doxa
keefriffhards

- Doxa

he's being a bit of a drama queen granted but keith's been doing regular two song sets for longer then i've been alive

it is a substantial change in there shows

but if he keeps playing t&a like that i'm fine with it

still hoping midnight rambler reappears at some point though

Yeah, it is pretty natural to take the 'modern' - from 1989 on, that is - Stones show concept as granted, since it's been the norm for ages. And with that the war horses, Keith's two song solo spot, and so on. Some people complained a lot when "Midnight Rambler" saw the boot, after being a regular war horse since 2012 (But not before that for ages - for example, it took me many shows until I was finally able to witness it live). The hardcore fans always complain about the static setlists, but then if they do something extraotrdinary about it, they complain again... I guess everybody, in the end, want to see The Stones as their personal jukebox.

But what goes for Keith's one number set, I tend to think that it is not the norm yet - there is just some reason Keith is not at the moment able to do another song, but the second song - most likely "Tell Me Straight" - will see the daylight soon. Just some patience with these 80 years old folks, people (it can't be that hard if one is following the tour just behind the laptop...).

But minus that missing Keith one, I think the show was a great one. From the base of those clips they played pretty well, and the set list was a good one, with the highlight being the historical and heart-breaking performance of "Time Is On My Side". Altogether taking the six songs from #2 to #7, that's pretty amazing set of not that obvious songs.

By the way, it is funny that for Mick the song is 'ancient' or 'very old one' if it derives from, say, 1964 or 1966, but that is not the case with any post-JJF and Big Four ones, them being just a couple of years 'younger'...grinning smiley

- Doxa

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-03 12:50 by Doxa.

Date: May 3, 2024 12:35

miss you

ssoh

paint it black

jjf

Posted by: mattstones ()
Date: May 3, 2024 12:47

I'm ok with the one song from Keith as he seems to be nailing the song at the moment. We can't expect all members to be Mick - he is just an alien.

Date: May 3, 2024 12:58

Yeah, it is pretty natural to take the 'modern' - from 1989 on, that is - Stones show concept as granted, since it's been the norm for ages. And with that the war horses, Keith's two song solo spot, and so on. Some people complained a lot when "Midnight Rambler" saw the boot, after being a regular war horse since 2012 (But not before that for ages - for example, it took me many shows until I was finally able to witness it live). The hardcore fans always complain about the static setlists, but then if they do something extraotrdinary about it, they complain again... I guess everybody, in the end, want to see The Stones as their personal jukebox.

But what goes for Keith's one number set, I tend to think that it is not the norm yet - there is just some reason Keith is not at the moment able to do another song, but the second song - most likely "Tell Me Straight" - will see the daylight soon. Just some patience with these 80 years old folks, people.

But minus that missing Keith one, I think the show was a great one. From the base of those clips they played pretty well, and the set list was a good one, with the highlight being the historical and heart-breaking performance of "Time Is On My Side". Altogether taking the six songs from #2 to #7, that's pretty amazing set of songs.

By the way, it is funny that for Mick the song is 'ancient' or 'very old one' if it derives from, say, 1964 or 1966, but that is not the case with any post-JJF and Big Four ones, them being just a couple of years 'younger'...grinning smiley

- Doxa

my personal theory (and it's just a theory based on a rumour so take it for what it is) is that keith's voice isn't 100% yet after being sick (if he was) and with little t&a he dosen't have to put as much effort into singing it as opposed to something like tms or happy where he'd have to put in more effort singing

and that hopfuly by june his voice will have recovered enough for a two song set with tms

ok the tin foil hat crowd section of my comment is overwinking smiley

(now the whining section)

as for midnight rambler it is was and always will be my favorite song they do live it is never ever exactly the same twice and to me at least even if the show was overall bad mr was always great

and i've always felt that it was sorta there nod to us who complain about warhorses that never go away and the lack of blues in the set of what is at its core a blues band

plus there are kids that are going to there first and only stones show on this tour that without mr in the set will never get to experince the roling stones playing the blues (or whatever one classifies mr as) and thats kinda sad

but whatever i know i should be grateful there still performing (i am) and stop complaining about the lack of one songs thats been played to death (i won'twinking smiley)

but i just can't help myself i really love that damn song!

Date: May 3, 2024 13:02

better quality miss you video

Posted by: Musicwinn ()
Date: May 3, 2024 14:06

ProfessorWolf
tumbling dice

Sounds weird, something with Mick's voice on this song? On the other songs he seemed fine?

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: May 3, 2024 14:17

keefriffhards

...(this is purely speculation on my part, nothing to go on) or is it just possible that the Stones are now doing a straight 18 song set? Which means that in order to get all the "hits" in, Keith has to forego a song? Over the last several years, it has been whittled down to consistently 19 songs. I don't know, just spit-balling here...I mean, let's be real, these guys are 80 now. What is everyone expecting of them?

PS- I'm hoping this is just temporary and Keith gets his two songs back if indeed he is recovering from COVID...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-03 14:22 by Sighunt.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: May 3, 2024 14:23

Awful Ronnie solo on TD.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: Ram ()
Date: May 3, 2024 15:33

I know they weren’t rehearsed but I wish they could toss in Dreamy Skies and Rolling Stone Blues. Kinda surprised they aren’t attempting them. They both are slower, sit on a stool type blues numbers I think they would master live. Similar to the acoustic blues set in 69 with Prodigal Son and You Gotta Move. Anyway, love the set otherwise and proud to watch them every show. Cheers

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 3, 2024 15:45

philrock90
ProfessorWolf

Wow disgusting that ruined the song for me their done for now should end it *insert sarcasm*

Well, if a fruit fly ends up in your mouth when you're singing...whaddya gonna do?!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 3, 2024 15:48

Short (streaming) review. Only the positive notes: Out Of Time is a very good song choice. Irma Thomas can still sing. Whole Wide World actually works live. Chanel Haynes is like a young Tina Turner to me - she can sing and has stage presence. I have some negative notes too but I keep them to myself for the time being...

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: May 3, 2024 17:05

keefriffhards
Then it wasn't even the Stones in the 70s, when Keith barely sang a song per concert!

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: May 3, 2024 17:16

ProfessorWolf
in the above video of satisfaction mick pulls up his shirt and flashes his chest and stomach to the audience at about 2:09

still flat as ever

also during www he spits onto the stage at one point

He was replying to a lady on someone's shoulders who had taken her top off and was flashing her tits at Mick

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: May 3, 2024 17:20

thecitadel
ProfessorWolf
in the above video of satisfaction mick pulls up his shirt and flashes his chest and stomach to the audience at about 2:09

still flat as ever

He was replying to a lady on someone's shoulders who had taken her top off and was flashing her tits at Mick

Ah, rock 'n roll is as alive and kicking, as ever! thumbs up

Date: May 3, 2024 17:26

Big Al
thecitadel
ProfessorWolf

still flat as ever

Ah, rock 'n roll is as alive and kicking, as ever! thumbs up

i recall that the same thing happened on the last tour too

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 3, 2024 17:50

hockenheim95
Btw I really appreciate the links from Irix!

Yes, I second that.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: May 3, 2024 17:52

I just love this stab at Governor Landry! Don't remember Jagger ever being so political on stage.

[www.youtube.com]

Mathijs

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: May 3, 2024 18:00

Mathijs
I just love this stab at Governor Landry! Don't remember Jagger ever being so political on stage.

[www.youtube.com]

Mathijs

I was at the July 3, 2019 DC (Actually Maryland) show. He mentioned something about the tanks Trump brought in. Not nearly as direct a hit as the Landry shot though.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 8 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1264
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home