Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: Another deluxe re-issue this year
Posted by: DiamondDog7 ()
Date: April 17, 2024 23:33

Mathijs
What about this:

Black & Blue Remastered

Bonus Disc:

• Built That Way
• Slave – 12-minute version with Ron Wood on lead guitar
• US Fresh
• Munich Reggae
• English Rose
• Man-Eating Woman
• Cellophane Trousers
• Chuck Berry No
• Find Yourself
• I'm Gonna Move (Bill Wyman)
• Let's Do It Right
• Paint Your Body (Skank Your Pussy)
• Too Late Now

Deluxe version: ‘Cherry Bombs in New York’: Madison Square Garden, June 27, 1975
Ultra Deluxe: ‘Live at the Cow Palace’, July 16, 1975.

Mathijs

This would be AMAZING!! I prefer this release above Voodoo Lounge and all the other 90s releases! Again, we're not done with the 70s. grinning smiley

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: April 18, 2024 13:59

so, I read somewhere the album is going to be Voodoo Lounge? It's on de Fnac France site. Anyone can confirm that?

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: April 18, 2024 14:15

jackflash27
so, I read somewhere the album is going to be Voodoo Lounge? It's on de Fnac France site. Anyone can confirm that?
Yes, there is one Voodoo Lounge for pre-order. Release date - 11 July 2024.
[www.fnac.com]
But it is said 2LP standard edition. Not a deluxe.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-18 14:17 by ironbelly.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 18, 2024 14:41

RE a potential VL reissue :

I really don't see Mick trying to sell the average punter a 2CD edition with outtakes that are already available for free on YT (the Vigotone boots etc)..
Plus I don't imagine the man happily going through hrs of outtakes from an album he more or less disowned (see the already mentioned 1995 interview etc).

Nah bring on the sleaze!!! 1974-75 all the way! There are black diamonds in there! grinning smiley

Date: April 18, 2024 14:47

dcba

I really don't see Mick trying to sell the average punter a 2CD edition with outtakes that are already available for free on YT (the Vigotone boots etc)..
Plus I don't imagine the man happily going through hrs of outtakes from an album he more or less disowned (see the already mentioned 1995 interview etc).

Nah bring on the sleaze!!! 1974-75 all the way! There are black diamonds in there! grinning smiley

It was the final album he disowned, though. Mick wanted more of the outtakes on the album, but Was wasn't impressed, allegedly.

Posted by: dedospegajosos ()
Date: April 18, 2024 15:57

DandelionPowderman
dcba

It was the final album he disowned, though. Mick wanted more of the outtakes on the album, but Was wasn't impressed, allegedly.

His attitude towards the album might have change after that. They did Brand New Car and Moon Is Up on the No Security tour. And Love is Strong some time in 2007 I think. Time can change a mans opinion.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-18 15:58 by dedospegajosos.

Date: April 18, 2024 16:23

dedospegajosos
DandelionPowderman
dcba

His attitude towards the album might have change after that. They did Brand New Car and Moon Is Up on the No Security tour. And Love is Strong some time in 2007 I think. Time can change a mans opinion.

Maybe. Moon Is Up and Brand New Car were played at the Shepherd's Bush club show. I think they did Brand New Car on a couple of other shows as well.

They also played the b-side, Jump On Top Of Me on at least one show, btw.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-18 16:24 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: April 18, 2024 16:32

ironbelly
jackflash27
[www.fnac.com]

yes, but release date July 2024. more releases follow probably...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 18, 2024 17:11

jackflash27
ironbelly
jackflash27
[www.fnac.com]

yes, but release date July 2024. more releases follow probably...

I see a 200 Euro and a 300+ Euro Japanese product without photos listed. Hold on to your wallet!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 18, 2024 17:15

jackflash27

yes, but release date July 2024.

And Google says already listed on 23-Oct-2023 at Fnac.com with new barcode 0602465212099 .

Maybe it'll be an "Exclusivité Fnac Vinyle" like the Color-3LP "Totally Stripped Paris L'Olympia" or the two "Angie" / "Start Me Up" singles.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-18 18:20 by Irix.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: April 18, 2024 20:09

A Voodoo Lounge SDE surprises me but then again, it’s an easy option to rerelease with modern outtakes that don’t require much investment to prep.

Maybe we’ll get VL live show with Love is Strong.

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: April 18, 2024 20:17

Love Is Strong was released on Voodoo Lounge In Japan.

Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: April 18, 2024 20:31

Father Ted
it’s an easy option to rerelease with modern outtakes that don’t require much investment to prep.
Like Honest Man and Zip Mouth Angel are the first VL outtakes that come to mind.

Date: April 18, 2024 21:12

They do not need to bother with outtakes to make VL deluxe. They can easily fill an extra disk with dance remixes and b-sides from the singles.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 18, 2024 21:41

Wow, a VL set would be a massive letdown when we could be getting B&B Deluxe instead. The only thing VL has going for itself is the 30th anniversary...I suppose that now that Was is out of the picture and Keith is not the "force" he was in 94, Mick could do it the way he (and Charlie) wanted it to be with "groove" songs. Not that there were that many grooves of interest on the endless VB/VS/VR outtakes. Charlie actually ended up saying that some of them were a bit "ridiculous", maybe he had 'Bump and Ride" or "Monsoon Ragoon" in mind ! I far prefer Keith's groovy "Make it Now".

At the end of the day it seems Mick was a bit "dried up" after the excellent WS album and didn't have much of note to offer for VL. Another reason why he wouldn't want to revisit that period. He had "recovered" by the time of B2B fortunately.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: HardRiffin ()
Date: April 18, 2024 21:52

U2Stonesfan
Father Ted
it’s an easy option to rerelease with modern outtakes that don’t require much investment to prep.
Like Honest Man and Zip Mouth Angel are the first VL outtakes that come to mind.

"You Got It Made", "Cocaine Blues"...

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: April 19, 2024 01:48

Perhaps a SDE of the greatest album will cause some around here to appreciate its value more! drinking smiley

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: April 19, 2024 04:13

VoodooLounge13
Perhaps a SDE of the greatest album will cause some around here to appreciate its value more! drinking smiley
They already did a super deluxe of Exile

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: April 19, 2024 14:55

Taylor1
VoodooLounge13
They already did a super deluxe of Exile

eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: April 19, 2024 16:47

If it is voodoo lounge deluxe we can almost predict the bonus cd

Jump on top of me
So young (different then the exile version)
The storm
I’m gonna drive
Honest man
Zip mouth angel

Date: April 19, 2024 17:05

Mabru

Because 'Jump on Top of Me', 'So Young', 'The Storm' and 'I'm Gonna Drive' were already Single B-sides and also part of 'The Singles 1971–2006' box set.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: April 19, 2024 17:58

Mabru

Jump on top of me
The storm
I’m gonna drive
Honest man
Zip mouth angel

I would love that since those songs are not on Spotify now

Date: April 19, 2024 18:05

NilsHolgersson

I would love that since those songs are not on Spotify now

Choose a better streaming service - [Music.Apple.com] .

Date: April 19, 2024 22:46

Mabru

Jump on top of me
The storm
I’m gonna drive
Honest man
Zip mouth angel
Honest man and Zip mouth Angel hardly.
However...
"The Storm"
"So Young" (1994 single version. And BTW alternative version was not with Exile deluxe but with Some Girls deluxe. On CD2 02-So Young and Japanese bonus track 13-So Young (Piano Version))
"Love Is Strong" (one of the remixes: Bob Clearmountain, Teddy Riley or Joe The Butcher, there are plenty of those)
"Jump on Top of Me"
"You Got Me Rocking" (one of the remixes)
"Out of Tears" (Don Was Edit or Bob Clearmountain Remix Edit)
"I'm Gonna Drive"
"I Go Wild" (Live)
"I Go Wild" (remix, whatever)
And let us pray they will not follow the steps of Another Side of Steel Wheels winking smiley. You know
02-Rock & A Hard Place (dance mix)
03-Rock & A Hard Place (Hard dub mix)
04-Rock & A Hard Place (Michael Brauer mix)
05-Rock & A Hard Place (Bonus Beats mix)

Date: April 19, 2024 23:01

ironbelly

Honest man and Zip mouth Angel hardly.

What's with 'Hands Off' and 'Ivy League' since they're on the 'Fully Finished Studio Outtakes' ?

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: April 24, 2024 22:04

NilsHolgersson
Maybe he's working on the 70% finished follow-up to Hackney Diamonds?

That's my guess too, Nils cool smiley
The other day Mick said in an interview that he loves to write more new songs, so why bother about "old stuff".
Aren't we all happy with Hackney Diamonds? We waited for sooooo long. Maybe there will be a new album next year to make up for all those "lost" years ....
But first .... CONCERTS smileys with beer

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: April 25, 2024 01:20

Just release some great quality live shows from 1969-1978

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 25, 2024 10:22

Another possibility would be a revamped "Steel Wheels" : it would be a nice tribute to Charlie (the album is a showcase of the drummer's talent).

And according to Nico's site there are quite a few outtakes from 1989. Lastly I wouldn't mind hearing a "Montserrat" version of the lovely song "Gangster's Moll".

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 25, 2024 15:06

dcba
Another possibility would be a revamped "Steel Wheels" : it would be a nice tribute to Charlie (the album is a showcase of the drummer's talent).

And according to Nico's site there are quite a few outtakes from 1989. Lastly I wouldn't mind hearing a "Montserrat" version of the lovely song "Gangster's Moll".

I would enjoy that. Great memories of that time and while the album's production is a bit slick maybe a new release could address that as well?

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: April 25, 2024 15:17

treaclefingers
dcba

I would enjoy that. Great memories of that time and while the album's production is a bit slick maybe a new release could address that as well?

That would be nice ...

..but once you've knocked the rough edges off, it's difficult to put them back on without remixing from the multi track masters.

and the label certainly can't be arsed to do that.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1868
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home