Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT : John Mellencamp speaks out after getting heckled on stage, ending concert
Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: April 15, 2024 23:48

never would have put John mellancamp and Johnny Rotten in the same bucket!

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-15 23:49 by HalfNanker.

Re: OT : John Mellencamp speaks out after getting heckled on stage, ending concert
Date: April 16, 2024 12:35

TheflyingDutchman
DandelionPowderman
All musicians has experienced this. In my experience, the only thing that helps is to bite the bullet and start the next tune - preferably in the middle of the heckler's sentence.

At 1:10 an onwards Al Di Meola faces "the problem". smiling smiley

grinning smiley

Posted by: frenki09 ()
Date: April 18, 2024 12:51

It's great to be a rock star. You may believe that you are allowed to be grumpy and you may believe you can get away with it.

I am just an ordinary guy who is a grumpy guy but I need to control myself. Being a star frees you up, you may believe.

I have no problem with John. I do not know the man. I like his songs, but hey(!) I dig Dirty Works too -- that's what grumpy men do. (This actually rhymes.)

He has worked with the best and he is loved and respected by people I respect (Bob, Bruce, Neil, Willie).

He is a driven and stubborn musicians.

He did let people down that night because of one AHOLE. But that is a tough one to swallow so I do feel him. It is easy for me to say as I was not there and I was not one of those who walked home disappointed.

I just audiences these days. (Grumpy talk...) They pay for tickets, they get drunk, they talk none-f*&^ing-stop, they are busy screaming, yelling, whistling they cannot stop picking phone calls up. It can be damn annoying in a small venue. I feel John.

May this be a reason why Bob stopped talking?

I occasionally shout, yell and scream at free concerts but only when I am grumpy. hot smiley

Date: April 18, 2024 12:58

frenki09
It's great to be a rock star. You may believe that you are allowed to be grumpy and you may believe you can get away with it.

I am just an ordinary guy who is a grumpy guy but I need to control myself. Being a star frees you up, you may believe.

I have no problem with John. I do not know the man. I like his songs, but hey(!) I dig Dirty Works too -- that's what grumpy men do. (This actually rhymes.)

He has worked with the best and he is loved and respected by people I respect (Bob, Bruce, Neil, Willie).

He is a driven and stubborn musicians.

He did let people down that night because of one AHOLE. But that is a tough one to swallow so I do feel him. It is easy for me to say as I was not there and I was not one of those who walked home disappointed.

I just audiences these days. (Grumpy talk...) They pay for tickets, they get drunk, they talk none-f*&^ing-stop, they are busy screaming, yelling, whistling they cannot stop picking phone calls up. It can be damn annoying in a small venue. I feel John.

May this be a reason why Bob stopped talking?

I occasionally shout, yell and scream at free concerts but only when I am grumpy. hot smiley

How? and why?

He finished the show. No songs were omitted.

Posted by: frenki09 ()
Date: April 18, 2024 14:18

DandelionPowderman
frenki09

How? and why?

The report says:

After another fan said something, he told the crowd he could stop the show and go home.

“Tell you what I’m going to do, since you have been so wonderful, I’m going to cut about 10 songs out of the show,” he said.

Mellencamp then began singing his hit, “Jack and Diane,” before stopping just seconds in and saying, “You know what? Show’s over.”

He then walked off stage.

The Toledo Blade said he did return to the stage about five minutes later and performed several more songs for the crowd.

Out of the Blue, a music blogger that was reviewing the concert, said many people had started to leave thinking the show was canceled. It described Mellencamp’s performance as “youthful and his gritty, smoky signature vocals resonated.”

Ultimate Classic Rock, citing the Toledo Blade, said Mellencamp returned to the stage after about five minutes and performed several more songs. That was after the heckler had been removed, Out of the Blue said.

To me, this sounded as if he had skipped songs, and it was not a full set list played that night. I apologize for the misunderstanding.

I hope all people attending that show walked away satisfied.

Date: April 18, 2024 14:44

frenki09
DandelionPowderman
frenki09

How? and why?

The report says:

After another fan said something, he told the crowd he could stop the show and go home.

“Tell you what I’m going to do, since you have been so wonderful, I’m going to cut about 10 songs out of the show,” he said.

Mellencamp then began singing his hit, “Jack and Diane,” before stopping just seconds in and saying, “You know what? Show’s over.”

He then walked off stage.

The Toledo Blade said he did return to the stage about five minutes later and performed several more songs for the crowd.

Out of the Blue, a music blogger that was reviewing the concert, said many people had started to leave thinking the show was canceled. It described Mellencamp’s performance as “youthful and his gritty, smoky signature vocals resonated.”

Ultimate Classic Rock, citing the Toledo Blade, said Mellencamp returned to the stage after about five minutes and performed several more songs. That was after the heckler had been removed, Out of the Blue said.

To me, this sounded as if he had skipped songs, and it was not a full set list played that night. I apologize for the misunderstanding.

I hope all people attending that show walked away satisfied.

It did sound that way indeed. However, people pointed out earlier in this thread that this was not true, luckily smiling smiley

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: April 18, 2024 17:36

[www.setlist.fm]

My sister in law was at this show. She also told my wife that he came back on and finished the show.

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: April 20, 2024 10:46

Chelsea Handler soldiered through her show tonight in Richmond while having it intentionally disrupted, IDK, 8 or 10 times, throughout the evening. Every time she'd manage to get back on track, from one part of the audience or other, another anti-Israel protestor would stand up and shout at her continuously until security arrived and removed them from the theater.

They'd infiltrated the audience, scattered out all through it, and every 10 minutes or so another one would pop up and stop her show again, yelling about their political cause at her.

It was so offensive I know many people wanted to just leave. But if we did that, the disruptors would have succeeded and shut her show down.

It was the first time a large group had tried to stop one of her shows. She remained professional and determined to complete it.

Chelsea's Jewish... or half Jewish. She was one of many celebrities who in November each selected and focused on one of the Israeli hostages being held by Hamas, to call for that hostage's release. Beyond that IDK what their complaint with her is.

I find twitter posts of their supporters crowing about their imagined big victory.

I'm down in Virginia
with your Cousin Lou

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-20 10:49 by TheBluesHadaBaby.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1665
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home