Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 25
Re: Rehearsals for the Stones 2024 Tour
Posted by: dedospegajosos ()
Date: April 12, 2024 18:37

More Hot Rocks
daniel t
caschimann
daniel t
Am I the only one who doesn't give a sh... about Bernard or Chuck or Matt or all the other side musicians/back vocals?

Most stupid post of the year so far.

But it got your attention spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I agree, stupid post and ignorant

Well, maybe, until you both came along...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-12 19:04 by dedospegajosos.

Posted by: strayRooster ()
Date: April 12, 2024 22:55

Back to Rehearsals,

I wonder if Sasha is back after giving birth, if not, who?
Sweet sound OH adds after GS another highlight for backers to shine.
Also opens up guest spot list for the shows.
Who is on the short list?
would love to hear Josh Stone on this piece

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: April 12, 2024 23:00

strayRooster
Back to Rehearsals,

Sweet sound OH adds after GS another highlight for backers to shine.
Also opens up guest spot list for the shows.
Who is on the short list?
would love to hear Josh Stone on this piece

Josh? You mean Joss? Chanel Haynes is Sasha's replacement.

[americansongwriter.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-12 23:03 by NashvilleBlues.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 12, 2024 23:01

strayRooster
Back to Rehearsals,

Chanel Haynes.

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 12, 2024 23:24

Thanks to Chanel for the clip.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 13, 2024 00:04

Bernard Fowler is an important member of the band - The Rolling Stones. Also, he is a true gentleman. It is a shame that people troll him on social media. All he did was to post a picture with a friend. Give him a break, and please some respect and decency.

Bernard is there always, especially when Mick do need backup, but also in general, just like on Best Of Burden, just figure out. Also Bernard is doing percussions, if you do not see his important role in The Stones then take a second look, and a second listening.

The same goes for Chuck Leavell, Matt Clifford, Darryl Jones, Carl Denson, Steve Jordan, Tim Ries, Chanel and Sasha, and please forgive me if I forgot some, I am a human being with bad memory... They are all an important backup and power adding up to what Mick, Keith and Ronnie is doing on stage.

Bjornulf

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 13, 2024 00:09

bv
Bernard Fowler is an important member of the band - The Rolling Stones. Also, he is a true gentleman. It is a shame that people troll him on social media. All he did was to post a picture with a friend. Give him a break, and please some respect and decency.

Bernard is there always, especially when Mick do need backup, but also in general, just like on Best Of Burden, just figure out. Also Bernard is doing percussions, if you do not see his important role in The Stones then take a second look, and a second listening.

The same goes for Chuck Leavell, Matt Clifford, Darryl Jones, Carl Denson, Steve Jordan, Tim Ries, Chanel and Sasha, and please forgive me if I forgot some, I am a human being with bad memory... They are all an important backup and power adding up to what Mick, Keith and Ronnie is doing on stage.

I would add you to the list of gentlemen BV.

Ridiculous that on a fan site we would have to defend supporting musicians of the Rolling Stones. They clearly know what they're doing.

Date: April 13, 2024 00:12

We need rumours, facts and songs practiced at rehearsals instead of trolls.

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: April 13, 2024 01:04

What? Why would you think Chuck or Matt have anything to do with the setlist?

keefriffhards
daniel t
Am I the only one who doesn't give a sh... about Bernard or Chuck or Matt or all the other side musicians/back vocals?

Could not agree with you more, it's got to the point I'm surprised Keith bothers to show up for rehearsals, he hardly has any input with the Chuck's and Matts taking the reins.
Tell you what Keith you can play Happy, now get out the way.

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: April 13, 2024 01:15

PaintMonkeyManBlack

That. Some info on songs rehearsed so far.

Posted by: Zotz ()
Date: April 13, 2024 01:38

mpj200

keefriffhards
daniel t

Could not agree with you more, it's got to the point I'm surprised Keith bothers to show up for rehearsals, he hardly has any input with the Chuck's and Matts taking the reins.

...."Chuck's and Matts taking the rains"... at Mick's directed orders I would say...

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: April 13, 2024 01:42

Ricky
PaintMonkeyManBlack

The only place this info is coming from is on the inside. Without a definitive location and street access there isn't really much any of us in the neighborhood can do.

There are dozens of possible locations in So Cal as well as many more not in the phone book that can be improvised (clubs, theatres and even airplane hangers). I went by the 2 places they have been at before but without a vehicle and co-conspirators that was about the most I can do at the moment.

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: April 13, 2024 02:34

mpj200

Matt does not but Chuck does because Chuck is their acknowledged musical director. He documents every show to make sure they don't play the same exact set list when they return to a given market. His data goes back decades so he can say exactly when they last played a particular song in a particular city. He is apparently meticulous in keeping track of all the data and Mick has publicly stated that Chuck is involved with drafting the set lists.

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: April 13, 2024 03:06

PaintMonkeyManBlack

Rumour, it seems Ronnie will play tonight with Black Crows in LA---

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: April 13, 2024 03:51

keefriffhards:
"Could not agree with you more, it's got to the point I'm surprised Keith bothers to show up for rehearsals, he hardly has any input with the Chuck's and Matts taking the reins.
Tell you what Keith you can play Happy, now get out the way."

Somehow, your tiny ignorant existence feels fit to insult Keith Richards.
You have no way. Zero.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: April 13, 2024 09:42

Zotz
mpj200

keefriffhards
daniel t

...."Chuck's and Matts taking the rains"... at Mick's directed orders I would say...

Yes of course at Micks orders.
Keith has said in many interviews he doesn't choose the songs that are played. ( other than the 2 he sings)
Mick and Chuck have been the musical directors for decades.
I love Keith but he's not the driving force anymore, he's given that up for some reason, it was great to see him on the last show of the last tour in Berlin though, he was on fire again, so let's hope he carries on where he left off.

Date: April 13, 2024 09:51

rogerriffin
PaintMonkeyManBlack

He did. Stay with me, allegedly thumbs up

Date: April 13, 2024 10:49

MKjan
keefriffhards:
"Could not agree with you more, it's got to the point I'm surprised Keith bothers to show up for rehearsals, he hardly has any input with the Chuck's and Matts taking the reins.
Tell you what Keith you can play Happy, now get out the way."

Somehow, your tiny ignorant existence feels fit to insult Keith Richards.
You have no way. Zero.

I'm not insulting Keith, just stating a fact, it used to be Keith's band now it's Mick's, if you can't see that you can't see anything.
Okay i was being sarcastic when i said Keith need not show up for rehearsals, but at the start of these tours Keith does give the impression he's not rehearsed properly, the shows do feel like Mick is the commander.
To my eyes and ears Keith got lazy in the past couple decades and Mick rightfully took the oppertunity to take charge and the result is the shows we have seen in the past 20 to 30 years.

I would add, love or loathe the new album would you say it's mostly a Mick album. Does it sound like Crosseyed Heart to you, the sort of music Keith makes other than on two tracks on HD that were probably left over from CH.
It's not an insult to state a fact.
Keith supposedly worked for years on HD, countless times he said he was working on it, right at the beginning he said he had three killer riffs, what happened to them. Something doesn't add up, it's obviously Mick's band in my opinion.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-13 11:08 by keefriffhards.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: April 13, 2024 10:56

DandelionPowderman
rogerriffin
PaintMonkeyManBlack

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-13 11:31 by Lien.

Posted by: maidenlane ()
Date: April 13, 2024 11:14

Lien
DandelionPowderman
rogerriffin
PaintMonkeyManBlack

[www.youtube.com]

He sure did! Go Ronnie go!

Date: April 13, 2024 11:23

Lien
DandelionPowderman
rogerriffin
PaintMonkeyManBlack

[www.youtube.com]

Great performance from Ronnie, rock on man, he still has the rock and roll spirit.

Posted by: daniel t ()
Date: April 13, 2024 14:49

Feel the need to clarify a bit...

I said I don't care about the side musicians accompanying Mick, Keith and Ronnie. I didn't know it would be taken as a sacrilege (!!!). No need to explain what each of them's contribution is. I know that. It's funny when you read the answers and replies to my post by some members who try to make ME look as a HATER (!!!) Do we always have to kiss asses here?
Aren't we allowed to a different opinion?

Anyway, to summarize my feeling about this group of side musicians/back vocals, just watch every single band introduction of any show since 1989... That's a good representation of how I feel. I met Bernard at Stonesplace in Toronto in 2005. He showed how pretentious and big headed he is. Very high opinion of himself. Anyway, that's what I strongly felt at that time.

I'm as much a fan as anyone here. I travelled from Canada to see them in the USA and Europe many times and I will be there again in East Rutherford and Santa Clara. I have all the records + many bootlegs + tons of dvds, products and varied stuff + something like 15 goddamn t-shirts and concert programs. The thing is just... I'm going to see and hear the Rolling Stones (Mick, Keith and Ron).

Have a nice day everybody

Daniel (fan since 1970)

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-13 19:43 by daniel t.

Posted by: stonesurvive ()
Date: April 13, 2024 15:34

GAFF
mpj200

Matt does not but Chuck does because Chuck is their acknowledged musical director. He documents every show to make sure they don't play the same exact set list when they return to a given market. His data goes back decades so he can say exactly when they last played a particular song in a particular city. He is apparently meticulous in keeping track of all the data and Mick has publicly stated that Chuck is involved with drafting the set lists.

....Thanks for confirming that Chuck is the music director;however I've always been bothered that he doesn't get Mick to "REALLY" change the set list. Mick has stated that the fans want the familiar songs, or the show has a lull.Chuck could really change things up, say by dropping.....hmmmm........I can't even name what should be dropped, and that's the point.For instance, the cold openings of Start Me Up, and Miss You work great. Miss You is in pretty much every show, but Start Me Up gets less of a rotation. You can't always get... is in every show,how could you possibly leave out a song that EVERYBODY is going to sing along with???

I agree with others on this board that have stated that Satisfaction doesn't work(in concert), and the opening riff is considered the BEST in all of rock' n roll!!!(THANK YOU KEEF FOR WAKING UP FROM THAT DREAM,AND PUTTING IT TO TAPE!!) I have my own pick for a closer for this tour!!eye popping smileysmoking smileysmiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: April 13, 2024 21:15

keefriffhards
Lien
DandelionPowderman
rogerriffin
PaintMonkeyManBlack

[www.youtube.com]

Great performance from Ronnie, rock on man, he still has the rock and roll spirit.

well looks and sounds like ronnie's in good shape for touring and rearing to go

if keith's in berlin 2022 shape still we're in for one hell of a show folksgrinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-13 21:16 by ProfessorWolf.

Date: April 13, 2024 22:31

Ronnie really took command of that stage; and he worked that drummer.

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: April 14, 2024 00:32

Dan
Ricky
PaintMonkeyManBlack

The only place this info is coming from is on the inside. Without a definitive location and street access there isn't really much any of us in the neighborhood can do.

There are dozens of possible locations in So Cal as well as many more not in the phone book that can be improvised (clubs, theatres and even airplane hangers). I went by the 2 places they have been at before but without a vehicle and co-conspirators that was about the most I can do at the moment.

OK. Thanks Dan.

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: April 14, 2024 05:57

Nice to see Ronnie rehearsing, would be cool if they played “Stay with me” … if Joe can play Funk49 with his “new” band, why not?

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: April 14, 2024 06:46

MizzAmandaJonez
Nice to see Ronnie rehearsing, would be cool if they played “Stay with me” … if Joe can play Funk49 with his “new” band, why not?

So you want to exclude a Rolling Stones song at a Stones concert and replace it with a Faces tune? Are you serious?

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: April 14, 2024 07:24

I guess that would be the first time they ever added a non stones song to their set list… what was I thinking?!

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: April 14, 2024 11:17

Steve Jordan was posting a photo of him and some friends/colleagues in a studio in Santa Monica

[www.facebook.com]?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-14 11:22 by Christiaan.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 25

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1988
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home