Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 25
Re: Rehearsals for the Stones 2024 Tour
Posted by: Dan ()
Date: April 9, 2024 03:02

Shott
Is there not more speculation that Palladino is replacing Darryl on the tour or is that a known non-possibility? Bernard must know the protocols by now. Hard to see him posting that arbitrarily "look who stopped in for a hoot."

Wasn't Darryl just in North Hollywood (I saw that here) preparing for rehearsals? Would be a strange turn of events to get fired right at the rehearsal studio.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: April 9, 2024 03:49

Pino is an old friend of Keith and Steve. He was one of the final three to cut with the band at Sandymount Studios in the Autumn of 1993. He's not holding Darryl's signature bass because he replaced him. Friends visit when a band is cutting tracks or rehearsing. Even if he sat in as a favor so there was a bass player if Darryl is sick, it's just sitting in.

Posted by: tommycharles ()
Date: April 9, 2024 08:03

When Pino left the Who in 2015 it was to retire from the road, and he’s more or less stuck to that as far as I know. Cool that he stopped by the Stones rehearsal.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: April 9, 2024 09:58

Hope nobody posts any more pictures of friends and visitors to the proceedings...

...folks around here would soon have the whole band replaced grinning smiley

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: April 9, 2024 10:44

retired_dog
Doxa
StonedRambler
Dan
hockenheim95
Lien
Bernard & Pino Palladino

[www.facebook.com]

This looks like the Stones rehearsal room to me. I think it's strange that someone like Pino would visit the site with a plugged in bass in his hand when they have limited time for rehearsals for a major tour. What does this mean?

Pino is rehearsing there too?

It's Darryl's Bass - from his own personal brand "Jones". The bass is plugged into the wireless transmitter that is sticked to the strap. He probably just took Darryls bass for the photo

And one can read from his face expression: 'this is the closest I get to the dream job'...winking smiley

- Doxa

A helluva bass player! I would have chosen him instead of Darryl, but then, who am I!

He's lacking in diversity.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: April 9, 2024 15:01

tommycharles
When Pino left the Who in 2015 it was to retire from the road, and he’s more or less stuck to that as far as I know. Cool that he stopped by the Stones rehearsal.

Not true. Pino played with the Who until 2016. In 2017 he was already booked for a world tour with John Mayer so they had to find someone else.

Pino is not like Darryl who works almost exclusively for the Stones

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-09 15:03 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: April 9, 2024 16:38

keefriffhards
retired_dog
Doxa
StonedRambler
Dan
hockenheim95
Lien
Bernard & Pino Palladino

[www.facebook.com]

This looks like the Stones rehearsal room to me. I think it's strange that someone like Pino would visit the site with a plugged in bass in his hand when they have limited time for rehearsals for a major tour. What does this mean?

It's Darryl's Bass - from his own personal brand "Jones". The bass is plugged into the wireless transmitter that is sticked to the strap. He probably just took Darryls bass for the photo

And one can read from his face expression: 'this is the closest I get to the dream job'...winking smiley

- Doxa

A helluva bass player! I would have chosen him instead of Darryl, but then, who am I!

That's an offensive assumption. Proof of this being a factor?

Date: April 9, 2024 17:05

NashvilleBlues
keefriffhards
retired_dog
Doxa
StonedRambler
Dan
hockenheim95
Lien
Bernard & Pino Palladino

[www.facebook.com]

- Doxa

Especially since there is barely any bass player with such a diverse catalogue as Pino.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 9, 2024 17:40

keefriffhards

The fact that NIN mastermind Trent Reznor chose him to play on a few tracks and go on tour with him (in 2013?) invalidates your point.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: April 9, 2024 18:51

Why would BV post the wiki link for Pino?
I hope he answers that question himself but it seems strange to me that our fearless leader would be so bold to prop up Pino's background at this juncture.
Unless it's not just a random picture of two old friends...

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: April 9, 2024 21:17

NashvilleBlues
keefriffhards
retired_dog
Doxa
StonedRambler
Dan
hockenheim95
Lien
Bernard & Pino Palladino

[www.facebook.com]

- Doxa

I was meaning something else entirely.
Man if he was good enough for the Who he's good enough for the Stones of course, a very talented man.

Date: April 9, 2024 21:35

Kurt
I hope he answers that question himself but it seems strange to me that our fearless leader would be so bold to prop up Pino's background at this juncture.
He provides info on how Pino and Steve know each other, and notes wikipedia as a source. Nothing strange really.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: April 9, 2024 23:10

keefriffhards
NashvilleBlues
keefriffhards
retired_dog
Doxa
StonedRambler
Dan
hockenheim95
Lien
Bernard & Pino Palladino

[www.facebook.com]

- Doxa

I was meaning something else entirely.
Man if he was good enough for the Who he's good enough for the Stones of course, a very talented man.

I think I know what you meant, race. Correct me if I'm wrong...

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: April 9, 2024 23:53

I had no idea Pino was that closely connected but they are using a rehearsal facility that can accommodate dozens of bands and on top of that they have been known to take visitors at past rehearsals. I remember seeing Paul McCartney, Shakira and Nigel Mogg formerly of the Quireboys in 2013. They may be larger than life to us but they still have friends.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: April 10, 2024 00:42

Dan
I had no idea Pino was that closely connected but they are using a rehearsal facility that can accommodate dozens of bands and on top of that they have been known to take visitors at past rehearsals. I remember seeing Paul McCartney, Shakira and Nigel Mogg formerly of the Quireboys in 2013. They may be larger than life to us but they still have friends.

Not sure he has worked recently with anyone other than the Who and John Mayer, and neither are touring so probably a social visit as it would be strange for Daryll to leave now after all these years.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 10, 2024 07:06

Kurt

There is nothing between the lines here. Why do some always over-analyze whatever I say? I simply add a basic info link about who the guy is, nothing more.

Bjornulf

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: April 10, 2024 10:19

Over-analyzing is nothing new here. Unfortunately it often ends up with page after page with nonsens.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 10, 2024 11:33

Dan

I remember Chuck D posting photos from the 2015 rehearsals. (We still didn't think he would be part of the backing singers.)

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: April 10, 2024 14:10

[www.facebook.com]

SORRY IT SEEMS TO BE FROM 2021, MY BAD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-10 15:00 by Christiaan.

Date: April 10, 2024 14:13

SORRY IT SEEMS TO BE FROM 2021, MY BAD

]T[/url]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-10 15:01 by Christiaan.

Date: April 10, 2024 14:15

I hope everyone can see the photo, if not, see link to facebook above. Please let me know if is not to see here smiling bouncing smiley

Date: April 10, 2024 14:40

Christiaan
I hope everyone can see the photo, if not, see link to facebook above. Please let me know if is not to see here smiling bouncing smiley

It is from 2021

Date: April 10, 2024 14:58

StonedRambler
Christiaan

It is from 2021

Okay, i came beware of it….. sorry. But it is not my ‘news’ but from Polish Ronnie Wood page. I will delete it or adjust it. Finally a photo posting works by me confused smiley
smoking smiley spinning smiley sticking its tongue outdrinking smiley

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 10, 2024 15:30

StonedRambler

It is from 2021

Yep, it was posted by the Rolling Stones on 23-Sep-2021 - [iorr.org] , [iorr.org] .

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: April 10, 2024 16:25

bv
Kurt

There is nothing between the lines here. Why do some always over-analyze whatever I say? I simply add a basic info link about who the guy is, nothing more.

Thank you.
All good.
Keep Going and Keep Smiling...

Date: April 10, 2024 17:53

Kurt
bv
Kurt

Thank you.
All good.
Keep Going and Keep Smiling...

Bjornulf (bv) in one way it is a complement to your address I think smiling smiley We followers of IORR weigh all your words on a golden scale thumbs up

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 11, 2024 06:52

Darryl Jones is still on the bass with The Rolling Stones. This is just to end all speculations.

Bjornulf

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: April 11, 2024 06:56

smoking smiley

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 11, 2024 07:36

smoking smiley

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: April 11, 2024 07:49

smoking smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 25

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2189
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home