Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Upcoming merchandise
Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: February 19, 2024 19:13

Do you think the shirts will be good this time round. I would like to see that Stones beer glass.

Re: Upcoming merchandise
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 20, 2024 06:42

I think the shirts will be expensive. winking smiley

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: February 20, 2024 07:34

I would like a calendar.

Date: February 20, 2024 19:18

I used to buy a shirt at every show I went to.

Recently some of them have really sucked.

So now I just buy a tour shirt.

The quality of the merchandise has really gone down hill.

Date: February 21, 2024 19:30

Topi

I agree.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: February 22, 2024 21:10

Bought this sweater - and quality was good. I still wear it a lot and really like it.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: February 22, 2024 21:31

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: February 23, 2024 00:37

I'm still loving the t-shirt I got given at the Hackney Empire press conference in September (although it's still too cold to wear it)

Posted by: stonesurvive ()
Date: February 26, 2024 04:30

...............thanks George, I agree completely. I've been waiting for this subject.

...........I've found that IMO, usually the shirts with the tour dates have a couple of good ones.

............the bigger issue is plastering the tongue on merch for regional tour locations without any real thought (it's obvious the Stones have nothing to do with approving the final designs). Two that come to mind that ARE great are the Cuba "car fins" designs, and the Vegas street post design.

..........probably the worst is the couple on the ferris wheel in Wisconsin. I originally bought one, then, luckily, the vendor let me swap it out. Since when have the Stones been about romance???.

..........I noticed that Mick and Charlie get a design credit in the tour books, but I believe that has to do with the stage.

Date: February 26, 2024 04:33

..............I am answering georgemcdonnell314, still not sure how to insert the original post,thanks

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 26, 2024 07:33

Saw the Stones merch for 2019's NO FILTER tour in New Orleans - garbage.

Aside from whatever kind of t-shirt they're printed on, they were all ugly.

I get, as a fan, wanting to have something, but I saw them in 1989 and bought a shirt.

I get one wanting a memento of one's experience but is a Stones shirt from a tour without a new album really worth buying?

The last tour t-shirt I got was The Cult's ELECTRIC 13 and, on a smaller level, Jason Isbell twice, but they weren't tour t-shirts. Not sure why I got them, actually, other than that they were different.

The Stones NO FILTER lips logo was horrible: after years of slick tongue logo variations, NO FILTER looked like a 3 year old with Crayons making the logo. Was it a nod to Andy Warhol or just the laziest Stones logo ever put on everything?

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: February 26, 2024 09:20

14 On Fire the only redeeming feature was the quality of the Gildans.

2006 the best were the retro raglans from 1975

1995 they were suffering mid 90's confusion, a bit over busy

1998 I liked the Lion, but it didn't represent the Album at all imo

Posted by: roryg ()
Date: February 26, 2024 14:29

stonesurvive
...............thanks George, I agree completely. I've been waiting for this subject.

...........I've found that IMO, usually the shirts with the tour dates have a couple of good ones.

............the bigger issue is plastering the tongue on merch for regional tour locations without any real thought (it's obvious the Stones have nothing to do with approving the final designs). Two that come to mind that ARE great are the Cuba "car fins" designs, and the Vegas street post design.

..........probably the worst is the couple on the ferris wheel in Wisconsin. I originally bought one, then, luckily, the vendor let me swap it out. Since when have the Stones been about romance???.

The Milwaukee image was not a ferris wheel, but a reference to the iconic (well, for SF anyway) Summerfest Skyglider, which picks you up at one end of the fest and goes above and across to the other side.

..........I noticed that Mick and Charlie get a design credit in the tour books, but I believe that has to do with the stage.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 26, 2024 16:16

shattered
I would like a calendar.

It's certainly time for it.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 26, 2024 16:20

I recently tried to put on my 1989 Steel Wheels shirt that I purchased at the concert.

HOW CHEAP!

How does a poly/cotton blend (and not even pure cotton, but don't get me started), actually shrink so bad after 35 years?

I looked like a sausage!

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 26, 2024 18:16

shattered
I would like a calendar.

What kind?

Date: February 26, 2024 18:26

I like the Zip Code shirts well a few not all. 2019 only 2 I cared for. I would like a band picture on a t this time round it’s long overdue. Guess I might have to turn to bootleg ones hope there’s some I’m sure they will be. They can be quite creative with their designs.

Posted by: switchblade1975 ()
Date: February 27, 2024 13:48

I 1st saw the Stones in 1975, and still have the shirt.

Date: February 27, 2024 15:25

Furthest back i still have a shirt is from 89 tour.

Date: April 5, 2024 11:16

Hi roryg,

I just noticed that you inserted a correction i n my Milwaukee comment about what I thought was a ferris wheel on the t-shirt, Thanks!

Date: April 5, 2024 11:19

.................btw, I have some upcoming comments about this years shirts, which I will post a week before the tour opener!!!!!!.................

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: April 5, 2024 11:43

peoplewitheyes
I'm still loving the t-shirt I got given at the Hackney Empire press conference in September (although it's still too cold to wear it)

Hi peoplewitheyes, do you work in the media?

I also went to the Empire but had to wait outside so all I came back with was some amateurish video and 2 photos of Sydney Sweeney.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-06 17:31 by Harlem Shuffler.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: April 5, 2024 16:47

Do you think the shirts will be good this time around?

HAHAHAHa

Date: April 5, 2024 17:32

Who knows they might surprise us, btw everyone going to Vancouver gig don’t get your hopes up to find a bootleg shirt as I’ve never seen em at any gigs….ha

Posted by: JMARCOU ()
Date: April 5, 2024 18:07

is this really the end of tour programs ?

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: April 5, 2024 19:16

Topi
shattered
I would like a calendar.

What kind?

Maybe something styled from the Some Girls album cover.

Date: April 6, 2024 19:57

Masks?

Date: April 6, 2024 20:02

Topi

For GNR the price for a shirt was $65 CDN

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: April 20, 2024 18:52

I've not bought a shirt since the Licks tour. Just don't like anything they've done since. The only thing I always get each tour is the program. Sadly they didn't have a new one for 2022 but hopefully will this year.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: April 21, 2024 19:52

Hi HS, no, I don't, but I hustled and talked to a lot of the door staff and they gave me several (and the tote bags and a cup cake!).

Some ladies leaving also gave me a wrist band, so I got to go inside (although the event had basically finished by then).

I also waited outside the backstage door, saw the three guys, and fist-bumped Ronnie!

It was an amazing few days in sweltering East London

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1859
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home