Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Video: A weekend at Altamont (1969 special report)
Posted by: gagiwh ()
Date: February 10, 2024 17:54

The Altamont Speedway Free Festival was a counterculture rock concert in the United States, held on Saturday, December 6, 1969, at the Altamont Speedway outside of Tracy, California. Approximately 300,000 attended the concert, with some anticipating that it would be a "Woodstock West"....

[www.youtube.com]

Re: Video: A weekend at Altamont (1969 special report)
Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: February 11, 2024 03:48

cool thanks

Posted by: roobar58 ()
Date: February 11, 2024 12:59

Thanks gagiwh.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 11, 2024 15:38

Fabulous time capsule. Thanks for sharing.

Date: February 11, 2024 19:34

Interesting that you posted this. I just watched the Gimmie Shelter movie for the first time in ages.

I just wonder why they did not release more of the MSG video. They had a great opportunity to release it with the YaYa's remaster.

They also show clips at Muscle Shoals Studios. I'd love to see the rest of what is available.

Now that I have watched the movie again, I just want more.

Posted by: cmc ()
Date: February 11, 2024 20:29

Awesome video. Thank you!

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: February 12, 2024 00:55

georgemcdonnell314
Interesting that you posted this. I just watched the Gimmie Shelter movie for the first time in ages.

I just wonder why they did not release more of the MSG video. They had a great opportunity to release it with the YaYa's remaster.

They also show clips at Muscle Shoals Studios. I'd love to see the rest of what is available.

well they sorta did with the yaya remaster it came with a bonus dvd of extra footage and performances from msg

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: February 12, 2024 14:07

Awesome.
Some new and interesting footage there!
Love the belt slam on the speaker...

Date: February 12, 2024 14:12

georgemcdonnell314

They did, but I assume you mean even more than Satisfaction, You Gotta Move and Prodigal Son smiling smiley

Some say that not everything was filmed, others say that Maysles told them he filmed everything. Maybe we'll never know...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-12 14:12 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 12, 2024 15:51

Wow! That was highly interesting. To see how it was viewed back then as it was still fresh. Yeah, some cool unseen footage. Funny the differing comments of those farmers of how it all went down...

Still 55 years later... what an event! Yeah, so much went wrong there, but those were crazy, wild times, man... And the Stones were like uncrowned kings of all that, the definition of coolness and relevance. Probably some of that was lost then at Altamont, and for good.

Thank you for the link, gagiwh!

- Doxa

Date: February 13, 2024 14:38

Sad they didn't release the rest of the footage. Satisfaction on the YAYA's deluxe is different than the version on the Gimmie Shelter movie. There is obviously more stuff out there.
georgemcdonnell314

well they sorta did with the yaya remaster it came with a bonus dvd of extra footage and performances from msg[/quote]

Date: February 13, 2024 14:59

<Satisfaction on the YAYA's deluxe is different than the version on the Gimmie Shelter movie>

Same with You Gotta Move and Prodigal Son. The latter is so out of tune that they finish it early, if memory serves smiling smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 13, 2024 15:53

DandelionPowderman

Same with You Gotta Move and Prodigal Son. The latter is so out of tune that they finish it early, if memory serves smiling smiley

Haha, yeah. It is Keith who decides to stop it early, after some hopeless attempts to tune the guitar while playing (his last hit on strings is like 'fvck off'...)... Mick's reaction is priceless, as he was just about to continue to sing the next verse... "alright..."grinning smiley

Gotta love these dudes... Always cool...

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-13 15:57 by Doxa.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1987
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home