Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Tokyo Stones store--anyone been?
Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: January 29, 2024 18:35

Hi all,

I'm going to Japan in March/April and wanted to know if any of my fellow IORR members have been to the Tokyo RS No 9 store. If so, any specific recommendations on exclusive items to purchase? Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-29 18:36 by keefmick.

Re: Tokyo Stones store--anyone been?
Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: January 29, 2024 18:41

Another question to attach here, does the Gimme Shelter store still exist? I remember lots of great stores in the 80s/90s.

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: January 29, 2024 19:22

Gimme Shelter was like heaven when I visited it! But, I can hardly if it’s still alive (and well)….

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 29, 2024 20:00

The Tokyo RS No.9 store is since end of January 2024 part of the Universal Music Store Harajuku and is located 1-20-6 Jingumae (Shibuya).

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: January 29, 2024 20:53

I was there on release day, which seems about a hundred years ago. Great stuff, though I'd be surprised if this Universal Music location is still exclusively Rolling Stones. The exclusive stuff "sold out" on the day, like the 4 different Japan-themed ceramic bowls.

Posted by: matthijst ()
Date: January 31, 2024 10:19

Going in march. Was hoping to get some of those ceramic plates as a souvenir for my dad moody smiley

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: January 31, 2024 10:56

frankotero
Another question to attach here, does the Gimme Shelter store still exist? I remember lots of great stores in the 80s/90s.

I remember the Gimme Shelter store in Tokyo! Was there in 2008 or so; took a while to locate it that day, and we were in a rush to see Megadeth that evening. Finding it was wonderful though - lots of cool stuff. Bought postcards, book or two, a few CD's. Wanted to take a few snaps of the layout, full of memorabilia, but the guy nicely asked no photos. Great store.

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: January 31, 2024 18:01

I`ve been there three month ago. Thrilling - a shop especially about my favourite band. But: all the items were massively overpriced.
For instance: A small can of iced tea with tongue-Label about eight dollar - come on!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2329
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home