Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Tokyo Stones store--anyone been?
Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: January 29, 2024 18:35

Hi all,

I'm going to Japan in March/April and wanted to know if any of my fellow IORR members have been to the Tokyo RS No 9 store. If so, any specific recommendations on exclusive items to purchase? Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-29 18:36 by keefmick.

Re: Tokyo Stones store--anyone been?
Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: January 29, 2024 18:41

Another question to attach here, does the Gimme Shelter store still exist? I remember lots of great stores in the 80s/90s.

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: January 29, 2024 19:22

Gimme Shelter was like heaven when I visited it! But, I can hardly if it’s still alive (and well)….

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 29, 2024 20:00

The Tokyo RS No.9 store is since end of January 2024 part of the Universal Music Store Harajuku and is located 1-20-6 Jingumae (Shibuya).

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: January 29, 2024 20:53

I was there on release day, which seems about a hundred years ago. Great stuff, though I'd be surprised if this Universal Music location is still exclusively Rolling Stones. The exclusive stuff "sold out" on the day, like the 4 different Japan-themed ceramic bowls.

Posted by: matthijst ()
Date: January 31, 2024 10:19

Going in march. Was hoping to get some of those ceramic plates as a souvenir for my dad moody smiley

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: January 31, 2024 10:56

frankotero
Another question to attach here, does the Gimme Shelter store still exist? I remember lots of great stores in the 80s/90s.

I remember the Gimme Shelter store in Tokyo! Was there in 2008 or so; took a while to locate it that day, and we were in a rush to see Megadeth that evening. Finding it was wonderful though - lots of cool stuff. Bought postcards, book or two, a few CD's. Wanted to take a few snaps of the layout, full of memorabilia, but the guy nicely asked no photos. Great store.

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: January 31, 2024 18:01

I`ve been there three month ago. Thrilling - a shop especially about my favourite band. But: all the items were massively overpriced.
For instance: A small can of iced tea with tongue-Label about eight dollar - come on!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1825
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home