Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011
Current Page: 11 of 11
Re: LIVE AT THE WILTERN - Official Release of Complete Show!!
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 18, 2024 03:18

Enough difference between the Paris and Wiltern shows I'd say:

-Worried About You in for Beast Of Burden
-The Nearness Of You and Before They make Me Run in for Thru And Thur and You Don't Have To Mean It
-Love Train in for Rock Me Baby
-Respectable in for Bitch
-Rip This Joint in for Can't You Hear Me Knockin.
-and Heartbreaker and Its Only Rock N Roll as additional songs since Paris is a longer show.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: March 18, 2024 09:35

rogerriffin
really really really cheaper package but the important thing is we have the Bluray!!
where did you get it ?
i tried platenzaak and now i tried bravado
but they still havent got back to me that my order is ahippped...

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: March 18, 2024 11:16

Whale
rogerriffin
really really really cheaper package but the important thing is we have the Bluray!!
where did you get it ?
Try here
[www.fnac.com]
or here
[www.amazon.fr]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-03-18 11:18 by ironbelly.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: March 18, 2024 18:07

ironbelly
Whale
rogerriffin
where did you get it ?
Try here
[www.fnac.com]
or here
[www.amazon.fr]

Date: March 18, 2024 19:57

RollingFreak

-The Nearness Of You and Before They make Me Run in for Thru And Thur and You Don't Have To Mean It
-and Heartbreaker and Its Only Rock N Roll as additional songs since Paris is a longer show.

Rip This Joint was 1995, wasn't it?

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: March 18, 2024 20:15

DandelionPowderman
RollingFreak

Both times. See here: [iorr.org]

Date: March 18, 2024 21:28

hockenheim95
DandelionPowderman
RollingFreak

Thanks. Couldn't remember it from Four Flicks.

Date: March 18, 2024 22:04

DandelionPowderman
hockenheim95
DandelionPowderman
RollingFreak

Thanks. Couldn't remember it from Four Flicks.

Because it's not on Four Flicks. All shows are missing a few songs. IORR and Tumbling Dice are missing on the Paris DVD too so Rip This Joint is at least the only rare song missing.

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: March 19, 2024 13:25

Mine hasent arrived. Now it says it will be released the 22th. This is in finland

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: March 19, 2024 15:24

rebelhipi
Mine hasent arrived. Now it says it will be released the 22th. This is in finland
Sometimes strange things happen on the regional level. For example in Portugal 2CD and 3LP versions were available at FNAC on March 5, i.e., three days earlier the official release date. But DVD+2CD and Bluray+2CD versions did not arrive yet. And the guys in the store do not have information if they will appear.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: March 19, 2024 16:20

I got the copper/swirl LP in Portugal at FNAC. Odd because it wasn't on their website. Then I had Amazon.ES send the Bluray/CD edition. I'm all set.drinking smiley

Posted by: Musicwinn ()
Date: March 19, 2024 16:43

Nice to have an official release of one of the Licks Tour club shows on Spotify, sounds good!

Date: March 20, 2024 03:45

ironbelly
rebelhipi
Sometimes strange things happen on the regional level. For example in Portugal 2CD and 3LP versions were available at FNAC on March 5, i.e., three days earlier the official release date. But DVD+2CD and Bluray+2CD versions did not arrive yet. And the guys in the store do not have information if they will appear.
Same here the cd/dvd and cd/bluray is not out yet. But the Vinyl version is available.

Maybe they just didnt manufacture enough and the smaller countries like Finland and Protugal took the bullet with the delays.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: March 22, 2024 22:15

Finally got around to giving the BluRay a watch. Solid show. Two quick observations - The high point for me is Stray Cat Blues. Jagger all of a sudden just erupts. It’s one of those moments that seem to happen sometimes at their shows where they’re cruising along and then all of a sudden it’s like, OK now we’re cooking.
And is it just me, or is Ronnie buried in the mix? Much like the Grrr! In NJ show. Maybe it’s my sound set up. Also - he doesn’t seem to be having much fun at this show, compared to his usual playful self.
But overall, I enjoyed watching it and look forward to giving it a listen in the car to see if Ronnie’s parts get a bit more punch.

Posted by: HouseBoyKnows ()
Date: March 23, 2024 18:27

Here in the US, I got my copy of the 2CD/BluRay about two weeks ago. Ordered directly from the Stones official web-store.

HBK

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: March 23, 2024 18:43

Seems that high demand/slow process to make vinyl records has spread to CD/DVD's. winking smiley

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: March 26, 2024 02:39

Got through watching the Wiltern show on Bluray. Jagger appears to be having a good night on stage. I think the CDs could have been mixed a little better and cleaner as far as sound fidelity. What makes this release, like the El Mocambo, a nice collectable worthy of picking up, is the song selection (Everybody Needs somebody to Love, That's How Strong My Love Is, No Expectations) given the smaller venues.

My major gripe with this release (other than it is 20 years too late), is the way these songs were played. Yes, they have a nice relaxed club/theatre feel to them, but numbers like Jack Flash, Neighbors, and even the nasty Stray Cat Blues-which is a nice highlight of this theatre set-list are played at too slow a clip. Imagine if Stray Cat Blues would have been revved up like or even close to the intensity of the studio version. Wow!

As a Stones fan, I am grateful that the Stones organization are still releasing some of these gems from the vaults (a little sooner would have been nice). In the last ten years, of all the releases that have come out, my personal favs are still El Mocambo and the beautiful coffee table-like DVD/CD book Totally Stripped. For rabid Stones fans, those releases are great packages to have in the old collection!.

Anyway, that's my two cents.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-03-26 02:41 by Sighunt.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 31, 2024 19:36

Hound Dog
Mathijs
On several Licks shows I noticed they had a habit of smoking big joints before or during the show. At Vredenburg Keith smoked a big joint on stage (considered quite childish in The Netherlands...), and 10 minutes later he was completely out of it, hardly being able to play guitar. At Olympia you could see Wood smoke a joint backstage, and he was just completely out of it during the show, to the extent they turned him down. In Rotterdam De Kuip Keith was enjoying Toots & The Maytals from behind one of the speaker columns, smoking a big joint. He played a horrible show afterword. At Astoria they appeared on stage lifeless and motionless, god knows what they smoked before the show.

Mathijs

Are you for real, are we talking about pot or meth? Anti weed people... rather have Ronnie smoking pot then drinking any day

Well facts do talk : Ron was terrible at the Olympia, period. My guess is the "drug twins" took these club gigs not very seriously, betting on the fact they would be attended by hardcore fans who would lap it up and forget any musical "misconducts". Maybe Jagger got tired of the slacking and he cracked the whip because only the final (Stockholm) club-gig was a superb focused performance.

Maybe Keith was right about not shownig much interest in these club-gigs... I always had the feeling the band was ill-shaped for clubs and had, over the years, developped a musical entity that was more in harmony with arenas.

Date: April 1, 2024 04:06

I am glad I am not the only one that feels this way. Some of the later releases are definitely lacking.

Spud
Fingers crossed that whoever engineers the release remembers that this is a guitar band.

You'd be forgiven for thinking that some of the "modern era" vaults releases were "The Chuck Leavell & Daryll Jones Band"

Date: April 1, 2024 10:01

georgemcdonnell314
I am glad I am not the only one that feels this way. Some of the later releases are definitely lacking.

Spud
Fingers crossed that whoever engineers the release remembers that this is a guitar band.

You'd be forgiven for thinking that some of the "modern era" vaults releases were "The Chuck Leavell & Daryll Jones Band"

So you feel Live at the Wiltern is lacking guitars?

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: April 1, 2024 16:45

Great setlist. But wildly uneven performance, IMO. A few songs are bad (Live With Me, Neighbors). Dance Part 1 should be embarrassing to Keith and Ronnie - they never find even a little groove, not even a little funk. But then they rally and do a great version of CYHMK. Not enough rehearsal time? Too intoxicated? Keith and Ronnie posing vs playing?

Posted by: ds1984 ()
Date: April 1, 2024 21:09

I must admit Wiltern is leaving me with frustration.
I watch Licked Live In NYC and I don't hear the same band playing.

For the club gigs better to stick with the stripped ones.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-06 22:47 by ds1984.

Date: April 15, 2024 14:38

I still havent received mine. Now it says it will arrive 26th of April.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 15, 2024 14:56

Yes, my local record store says 26th as well

Date: April 15, 2024 14:59

buffalo7478
Great setlist. But wildly uneven performance, IMO. A few songs are bad (Live With Me, Neighbors). Dance Part 1 should be embarrassing to Keith and Ronnie - they never find even a little groove, not even a little funk. But then they rally and do a great version of CYHMK. Not enough rehearsal time? Too intoxicated? Keith and Ronnie posing vs playing?

To Keith, I'd say. At least, Ronnie remembered some of the licks.

Not sure why they call it «Pt. 1», either, as the lyrics are totally different. More like Pt. 4 smiling smiley

Posted by: dedospegajosos ()
Date: April 15, 2024 19:16

so, Ronnie´s guitar on CYHMK, was it an overdub on Live Licks?

Date: April 15, 2024 20:22

dedospegajosos

Definitely

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: April 15, 2024 22:12

buffalo7478
RS have always been like this, sometimes better, sometimes worse, it was like this even in the 70's tours, the only difference is their age, when they were young they managed to play decently even when they were high, but only sometimes. Nowadays all concerts are filmed and recorded, so it is more noticeable.

It’s Only Rock ’n’ Roll (but I Like It)

Posted by: dedospegajosos ()
Date: April 15, 2024 22:42

DandelionPowderman
dedospegajosos

Definitely

I have always thought that that was not an overdub.

But to be 100% sure , I just made a side by side comparison.

Veredict: Not overdubbed!

Why were so many here sure it was an overdub always puzzled me.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011
Current Page: 11 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1936
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home