Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 8 of 11
Re: LIVE AT THE WILTERN - Official Release of Complete Show!!
Posted by: FoolToCry ()
Date: March 8, 2024 14:42

the mix is really (to say it positive) "interesting":
guitars are very stereo upfront
bass & drums are very much (mono) behind....compare it to the original mix & master of 95´s "Stripped". much better.....
mhm...mediocre feelings....

sounds like they didn´t waste much time in mixing pretty well. sad sad sad.

Posted by: sotob ()
Date: March 8, 2024 15:17

Was hoping to buy this from Amazon Prime Video, but I don't see it listed as an option. Bummer. Last few live films were available to purchase on Prime, so I wonder why not this one!?!?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 8, 2024 15:45

sotob

Was hoping to buy this from Amazon Prime Video, but I don't see it listed as an option.

In North America it's also not on AppleTV+ (former iTunes). But in the UK it's there - [iTunes.Apple.com] .

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: March 8, 2024 16:36

Was able to listen up to No Expectations. Both guitarists are fine and focused so far, save a couple of ouch moments on Hand of Faith (Keith missed the first change, but readily recovered).

I agree that the mix is wrong, bass way too low.

C

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: March 8, 2024 16:50

Doesn't it almost sound like Keith starts to play Salt of the Earth instead of No Expectations but then slowly transitions into No Expectations? I'm actually enjoying this one. A club show should be a bit loose in my opinion.

Posted by: dedospegajosos ()
Date: March 8, 2024 16:50

dedospegajosos
hockenheim95
GasLightStreet
hockenheim95
dedospegajosos
DandelionPowderman
hockenheim95
DandelionPowderman
hockenheim95
Muddyw
Now let's hope it is mixed decent, like the Mocambo Live, and it won't sound anything like Live Licks or Four Flicks. There is something off on those.

I am 99% Sure it'll be the same mix as the BBC Broadcast from 2022. Guitars upfront!

Judge yourself:

[m.youtube.com]

I hope you're right, although many other releases shown on tv got a (often inferior) remix later. A couple of tracks were also included on Live Licks, so it will be interesting doing a comparison later.

First half of SCB is Keith re-learning the song. The last half is fantastic, with an unbelievable energy thumbs up

But the Wiltern show from BBC is already a new mix from 2022. You're refering to Live Broadcasts (PPV) like Newark, Bremen, Licks NYC which were priginally a live mix. They remixed them for the releases.

That is indeed a good point, although it begs the question: Why did they show parts of it on the BBC and didn't release it last year? A teaser?

Anyways, I'm looking forward to hearing what Ronnie really played on CYHMK prior to his solo (haven't watched the BBC broadcast, if it's there).

CYHMK from live licks is not overdubbed.

Just as Rocks Off wasn't edited? Then how can we hear Keith 2 times on the Intro?

Edited and overdubbed are completely different.

Where did I say that they're the same? They just did both things very obvious

on Live Licks.

Thats not true¨, its just Keith, then Ronnie joins, where did this idea came from I never understood, its obviously Ronnie on standard tuning, you will see in March

So, how about that Ronnie guitar on CYHMK?? Hi Hockenheim95!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-03-08 16:53 by dedospegajosos.

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: March 8, 2024 17:04

Spotify shows 2022 as release date!

Posted by: GeorgV ()
Date: March 8, 2024 18:42

I got this on LP, because LP normally sound better than CD, maybe it does? But again, the sound is a let down. Performance is great, on and off, but that's normal. However, the muffled sound made be think that my needle or cartrigde have had it, I even checked the cables. I had to put on an old 70ies Supertramp LP to verify that everything was as clear as it should be. The Eagle Rock releases are Ok, but later releases is a hit (rare) and miss.

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: March 8, 2024 18:51

Just started listening to it:
This must be one of the greatest set lists of at least the post Tattoo You tour.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Date: March 8, 2024 18:59

Did they sped up Hand of Fate?
Sounds fast but I like it.

What a beautiful song is No Expectations. This rendition doen't beat the Stripped one in my opinion but Jaggers voice is stunning on this one!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-03-08 19:08 by Wuudy.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: March 8, 2024 19:07

I actually think the mix is quite good this time compared to other releases. Not perfect but good.

The guitars are a bit loud but maybe they just listened to all the folks here always complaining that the guitars are too quiet.

I like it but gotta admit it brings out the sloppiness in the guitar section. Especially Keith is noodling around a lot.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-03-08 19:08 by StonedRambler.

Date: March 8, 2024 19:14

StonedRambler
I actually think the mix is quite good this time compared to other releases. Not perfect but good.

The guitars are a bit loud but maybe they just listened to all the folks here always complaining that the guitars are too quiet.

I like it but gotta admit it brings out the sloppiness in the guitar section. Especially Keith is noodling around a lot.

I don't mind it brings out the sloppiness, I like when it's not hiding anything like the start of Stray Cat Blues by keith spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 8, 2024 19:25

Wuudy
What a beautiful song is No Expectations. This rendition doen't beat the Stripped one in my opinion but Jaggers voice is stunning on this one!
I don't think I've ever heard them do it poorly. Personally, my favorite is Rock And Roll Circus, but any version is excellent.

Posted by: Dorn ()
Date: March 8, 2024 19:28

RobertJohnson
Muddyw
Well, with the exception of Mocambo there is no hope on a decent, well mixed and produced live album release.

Compared to the quality of the sound mix on the third side of LYL, the complete release is also an outright downgrade.

exactly

Date: March 8, 2024 19:30

rogerriffin

Thats why I had some trouble finding it! I figured if I looked up the Stones it would be their most recent release, so that was confusing!

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: March 8, 2024 19:43

Was able to listen on Apple Music it not able to purchase video yet through Apple Store in US

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 8, 2024 21:00

rogerriffin

Seems it's due to the BBC Stones 60th special - [iorr.org] .

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: March 8, 2024 23:00

and Bluray says 2023spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: March 8, 2024 23:56

Very good recording. Any Stones release is better than nothing. Sound is good, playing is good, and its a cool club show with an interesting setlist. About all you can ask for.

Having said that, and I'm sure its a broken record excuse, but it just comes so late for it to matter. I'm glad the Stones started opening their vaults in 2011, we've gotten a lot of great shows from it. It REALLY sucks it happened so late, cause most of these are nothing more than a footnote to most of us. I guess there are a bunch of you that will listen to it religiously, but I think most of us, like I just did, will listen to it once and thats about it. I can't see why I'd ever revisit this. Its fine, but its not them in their prime. Its not even something I really haven't heard before. The Olympia show from the Four Flicks box set will mean more because I've listened to it for over 20 years. Thats just how it is. Same with Bruce Springsteen's live archives. Its nice, and it'll be great for future generations, maybe, cause they will have that readily available to listen to. But most of these late releases won't overshadowed stuff we've heard for decades, and there was a medium to release this stuff back then. Sure, hindsight is 20/20, but to me if I'm being completely honest, its a nice Stones show from 20 years ago that was fun to hear once and now I'll never put it on again.

Maybe I'm alone in my thoughts, and I don't mean to be a downer if this isn't the right place for that. Don't want to rain on the parade of a release people are happy with.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-03-08 23:57 by RollingFreak.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: March 9, 2024 02:21

Just watching/hearing The Wiltern - A POWERHOUSE!

As with the El Mocambo release: why so late??

I can easily imagine myself, when on pension, listening for the poor rest of my years listening/watching all the gigs they could have released!

OMG, guys: keep that music on playin'

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: March 9, 2024 03:27

CYHMR - TIGHT, TIGHT, TIGHT!
Love it !!!!

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: March 9, 2024 06:03

RollingFreak
Very good recording. Any Stones release is better than nothing. Sound is good, playing is good, and its a cool club show with an interesting setlist. About all you can ask for.

Having said that, and I'm sure its a broken record excuse, but it just comes so late for it to matter. I'm glad the Stones started opening their vaults in 2011, we've gotten a lot of great shows from it. It REALLY sucks it happened so late, cause most of these are nothing more than a footnote to most of us. I guess there are a bunch of you that will listen to it religiously, but I think most of us, like I just did, will listen to it once and thats about it. I can't see why I'd ever revisit this. Its fine, but its not them in their prime. Its not even something I really haven't heard before. The Olympia show from the Four Flicks box set will mean more because I've listened to it for over 20 years. Thats just how it is. Same with Bruce Springsteen's live archives. Its nice, and it'll be great for future generations, maybe, cause they will have that readily available to listen to. But most of these late releases won't overshadowed stuff we've heard for decades, and there was a medium to release this stuff back then. Sure, hindsight is 20/20, but to me if I'm being completely honest, its a nice Stones show from 20 years ago that was fun to hear once and now I'll never put it on again.

Maybe I'm alone in my thoughts, and I don't mean to be a downer if this isn't the right place for that. Don't want to rain on the parade of a release people are happy with.

I agree it's way too late. Just because we are now swimming in content now. I might wanna watch over and over but probably won't have the time. A new Sex Pistols soundboard just popped up. Too bad the person I know most excited is already dead. Really, if you still got something, put it out now while there are still people alive who care.

Amazon delayed my package until Sunday and didn't feel like schlepping all the way to Amoeba if I am not already going out.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: March 9, 2024 08:30

The video quality on the DVD is hideous unless it’s an extreme close up. Just awful.

Rod

Date: March 9, 2024 10:10

dedospegajosos
dedospegajosos
hockenheim95
GasLightStreet
hockenheim95
dedospegajosos
DandelionPowderman
hockenheim95
DandelionPowderman
hockenheim95
Muddyw
Now let's hope it is mixed decent, like the Mocambo Live, and it won't sound anything like Live Licks or Four Flicks. There is something off on those.

I am 99% Sure it'll be the same mix as the BBC Broadcast from 2022. Guitars upfront!

Judge yourself:

[m.youtube.com]

I hope you're right, although many other releases shown on tv got a (often inferior) remix later. A couple of tracks were also included on Live Licks, so it will be interesting doing a comparison later.

First half of SCB is Keith re-learning the song. The last half is fantastic, with an unbelievable energy thumbs up

But the Wiltern show from BBC is already a new mix from 2022. You're refering to Live Broadcasts (PPV) like Newark, Bremen, Licks NYC which were priginally a live mix. They remixed them for the releases.

That is indeed a good point, although it begs the question: Why did they show parts of it on the BBC and didn't release it last year? A teaser?

Anyways, I'm looking forward to hearing what Ronnie really played on CYHMK prior to his solo (haven't watched the BBC broadcast, if it's there).

Just as Rocks Off wasn't edited? Then how can we hear Keith 2 times on the Intro?

on Live Licks.

Thats not true¨, its just Keith, then Ronnie joins, where did this idea came from I never understood, its obviously Ronnie on standard tuning, you will see in March

It was nice to hear what he really played. Two string-shapes instead of heavy open G-chords, like on Live Licks.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: March 9, 2024 11:17

Watched this show end to end last night. It’s got a really high energy to the performance Stray Cat Blues is absolutely fierce.

Definitely one of the more engaging live shows they’ve released. I wonder what’s next?

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: March 9, 2024 11:32

DandelionPowderman
dedospegajosos
dedospegajosos
hockenheim95
GasLightStreet
hockenheim95
dedospegajosos
DandelionPowderman
hockenheim95
DandelionPowderman
hockenheim95
Muddyw

Judge yourself:

[m.youtube.com]

on Live Licks.

It was nice to hear what he really played. Two string-shapes instead of heavy open G-chords, like on Live Licks.

Sadly my Blu Ray is not delivered yet so I can't answer your question yet. I hope it comes today. Usually Amazon delivers on release day.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: March 9, 2024 12:53

After comparing to the same tracks from Live Licks, it’s mind blowing how they can take a very good mastering and make it sound as if it was pulled from a puddle of mud. Yet another disappointment sound wise. But hey, I’ll gladly take any new archive releases.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: March 9, 2024 14:48

Yes, very interesting. Keith in Dance part 1 - is this like one of those clips you can find on youtube? Isolated instruments? Charlie´s drumming on Gimme Shelter...Keith´s guitar on Dance part 1...Oh, boy, certainly not buried in the mix...cool smileysmiling smiley

Posted by: gavin95 ()
Date: March 9, 2024 15:38

Listening first thing this morning. One of the best archival releases they've done! What a great setlist!

Posted by: RnT ()
Date: March 9, 2024 15:50

Bought it this morning despite the many negative comments. Expectations were low and you know what: I enjoyed it tremendously so far, listening in my car to CD one. Sure, they left in the bum notes, but what a great atmosphere and a fantastic setlist ofcourse. Kick ass rock ‘n roll!
RnT

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 8 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2298
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home