Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 6 of 11
Re: LIVE AT THE WILTERN - Official Release of Complete Show!!
Posted by: mick64 ()
Date: March 3, 2024 10:51

The next one or me will be Paris 1976, nor do we know if they will make it official with more concerts from the 70s

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: March 3, 2024 12:01

mick64
The next one or me will be Paris 1976, nor do we know if they will make it official with more concerts from the 70s

Lol Paris 1976 was rumored since 2017

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: March 3, 2024 12:48

StonedRambler
mick64

There are legal issues with the heirs of Freddy Hausser and nobody knows the state of affairs.

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: March 3, 2024 17:55

falo01
StonedRambler
mick64

There are legal issues with the heirs of Freddy Hausser and nobody knows the state of affairs.

Hopefully whatever legal issues there are are sorted, as we would all love a cleaned up Paris '76. Plenty footage shot, have the bootlegs of course for years. Official release of maybe the full TV special plus a complete show would be amazing - extras possible like UK broadcast 'Stones on the Road' 30 min special; Knebworth etc

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: March 4, 2024 16:26

mick64

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-03-04 16:31 by AntoineParis.

Date: March 4, 2024 16:29

mick64

Unfornetly still rights problems (or prices problems) on this Paris 76 Affair.

The Stones only own the TV special from Paris but not the master of all 4 shows

(What a shame, Ive seen the four shows and this is just amazing believe me)

So Now with time passing by, with the state of "DVD" market it's more and more complicated to have something really new...
We were closed a couple years ago

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: March 4, 2024 17:38

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't something similar happen with a '72 show? Phillips perhaps? It was either completed or close to but got scrapped for either the BTB tour release or another one around that time frame. Just wondering if ownership rights is what keeps more from '72 being released other than the TX shows. For me, keep the live shows coming and I will keep spending $$$ on them.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: March 5, 2024 11:36

AntoineParis

The issue is that they could not reach an agreement on royalties and credits with the estate of original Aux Abattoir producer Freddy Hausser.

Also, of the four shows, the master tapes of one show are missing.

Mathijs

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-03-05 11:37 by Mathijs.

Date: March 5, 2024 11:41

StonedRambler
hockenheim95
[youtu.be]

Keith is VERY loud in the mix

I honestly don't get the fuzz about the 2002-2003 tour. Keith is more focused on his moves than on his playing and Ronnie seems drunk and unfocused as well.
Mick and Charlie deliver though - as always.

Well, that's it really. Mick and Charlie delivering great setlists in small venues. It was the last breath of the real Greatest RnR band in the world.

Mathijs

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: March 5, 2024 12:09

Mathijs
StonedRambler
hockenheim95
[youtu.be]

I honestly don't get the fuzz about the 2002-2003 tour. Keith is more focused on his moves than on his playing and Ronnie seems drunk and unfocused as well.

Well, that's it really. Mick and Charlie delivering great setlists in small venues. It was the last breath of the real Greatest RnR band in the world.

Mathijs

Keith doesn't give the impression on "Dance, Part 1" that he knows what to do. It's a pretty boring, uninspired song anyway. Maybe they should try Part 0.

Date: March 5, 2024 12:36

RobertJohnson
Mathijs
StonedRambler
hockenheim95
[youtu.be]

Mathijs

Keith doesn't give the impression on "Dance, Part 1" that he knows what to do. It's a pretty boring, uninspired song anyway. Maybe they should try Part 0.

It worked fantastically live though. Great vibe and mood.

Mathijs

Date: March 5, 2024 13:51

RobertJohnson
Mathijs
StonedRambler
hockenheim95
[youtu.be]

Mathijs

IMO, it's a great song. However, when the singer doesn't even remotely try to sing the lyrics or notes as they are on the album, and the guitar players are constantly playing other licks and chords, it just won't work. Ronnie is trying now and again, though, I'll give him that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-03-05 13:51 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: March 5, 2024 14:44

No unboxing videos yet? They’re normally out days before we mere mortals can get our hands on them.

Rod

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: March 5, 2024 14:52

TumblinDice76
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't something similar happen with a '72 show? Phillips perhaps? It was either completed or close to but got scrapped for either the BTB tour release or another one around that time frame. Just wondering if ownership rights is what keeps more from '72 being released other than the TX shows. For me, keep the live shows coming and I will keep spending $$$ on them.

I think '72 had more to do with Allen Klein, ABKCO, and maybe wanting to include Stevie Wonder.

Date: March 5, 2024 15:58

Mathijs
AntoineParis

The issue is that they could not reach an agreement on royalties and credits with the estate of original Aux Abattoir producer Freddy Hausser.

Also, of the four shows, the master tapes of one show are missing.

Mathijs

From what i've seen only the two last shows have a perfect mixed sound. The first show is strange because you heard sometimes only guitars sometimes just organ or vocals.The second show is a mix between the both (excuse my english)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-03-05 15:59 by AntoineParis.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: March 5, 2024 17:33

DandelionPowderman
RobertJohnson
Mathijs
StonedRambler
hockenheim95
[youtu.be]

Mathijs

IMO, it's a great song. However, when the singer doesn't even remotely try to sing the lyrics or notes as they are on the album, and the guitar players are constantly playing other licks and chords, it just won't work. Ronnie is trying now and again, though, I'll give him that.

I listened to an audience recording of Wiltern today. It reminds me of the 1969 concert in Hyde Park as far as the musical mistakes are concerned, except that the guitars are not out of tune - at least. But Keith's totally weird solo at the end of Tumbling Dice makes my teeth ache - and that's the encore. My anticipation of the release is therefore not very great. Okay, we have enough other great recordings by the band.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: March 5, 2024 17:58

Kovach-Good feedback thank you!

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: March 5, 2024 18:28

Great

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: March 5, 2024 18:32

DVDmg.com did a review and wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t post on here. He recommends listening to the Blu-ray or dvd in 2.0 sound mix. The surrounds have an echo like it was mixed for a stadium. Very rarely on stones videos do I find DTS master superior to listening in plain stereo.

Posted by: mjmjr ()
Date: March 6, 2024 00:36

StonedRambler
hockenheim95
[youtu.be]

The First 6 or 7 weeks of this tour was amazing.....when ronnie started boozing again the show quality and the different set lists became less and less. Some of those show in europe are an abomination. Keith couldn't even play the intro to Brown Sugar to open some show.

But those september and most of the october shows were sizzling
The Philadelphia, Boston, and NY trilogies were a thing of beauty

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: March 6, 2024 01:49

Just read the review on DVDmg.com. Unfortunately no information on the CD sound, only Blu-Ray, which doesn't sound promising minus the Stereo 2.0 Mix. Hope the CDs don't have the heavy reverb that's in the video.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: March 6, 2024 14:53

Already on the desk. The Rolling Stones - Live at the Wiltern, 2CD in paper sleeve. The date on the price tag March 5, 2024 winking smiley.

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: March 6, 2024 15:52

smoking smiley

Date: March 6, 2024 16:22

Cool, I prefer paper sleeves. Please let us know how it sounds.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: March 6, 2024 17:07

frankotero
Cool, I prefer paper sleeves. Please let us know how it sounds.
Naaah. I like old good heavy plastic jewel case.
This particular paper sleeve is a a three-fold. Which means that it is real pain to extract CD2 from the middle pocket. Hate this construction. And the glossy finish of the cover and booklet. It became covered with fingerprints instantly.

Sound quality is OK. Nothing outstanding but this is a live record. DR7. Mix is good, though. Keith and Ronnie are LOUD and are panned far right and far left in the mix. Maybe, Keith is a bit louder than needed but it is OK. Mick in the center does not stick out like it was on a couple of previous releases.

A few farts were not cleaned. Good live performance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-03-06 17:08 by ironbelly.

Date: March 6, 2024 22:21

Damn, DR7. Wish it could be closer to 10 but this is the future I guess.

Posted by: bam ()
Date: March 7, 2024 01:59

mjmjr
StonedRambler
hockenheim95
[youtu.be]

The First 6 or 7 weeks of this tour was amazing.....when ronnie started

But those september and most of the october shows were sizzling
The Philadelphia, Boston, and NY trilogies were a thing of beauty

I saw the Sept. 10, 2002 show in Chicago. It was an excellent show. Ronnie was very focused, and played very well - including on Can’t You Hear Me Knocking, which they broke out for the tour. When they returned to Chicago, Ron was back to posing instead of playing.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: March 7, 2024 10:02

Throughout the Licks tours, both Keith & Ronnie were often guilty of being more interested in throwing shapes than playing the guitar.

That said, the club & theatre shows usually saw them better focussed, with better shows as a result.

...and I'm off to pick up my reserved vinyl copy of the Wiltern from HMV tomorrow

... fingers crossed it's well mastered and pressed winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-03-07 10:11 by Spud.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 7, 2024 13:00

frankotero

Please let us know how it sounds.

Some preview snippets - [www.Qobuz.com] .

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: March 7, 2024 13:35

Irix
frankotero

Please let us know how it sounds.

Some preview snippets - [www.Qobuz.com] .

Picking it up after work tomorrow .

I'll report back on Monday smiling smiley

[won't be online over the weekend ]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-03-07 13:36 by Spud.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 6 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2236
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home