Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 4 of 11
Re: LIVE AT THE WILTERN - Official Release of Complete Show!!
Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: January 16, 2024 18:07

mick64
Because all the formats, including the gold vinyl, do not appear on the Spanish website of the Stones, they will not be sold in SPAIN. Do you know something?
Feel free to order from another country. fnac.com is cheap, also low shipping costs (to the netherlands, but I guess to spain shipping is about the same smiling smiley)

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: dedospegajosos ()
Date: January 16, 2024 19:28

hockenheim95
GasLightStreet
hockenheim95
dedospegajosos
DandelionPowderman
hockenheim95
DandelionPowderman
hockenheim95
Muddyw
Now let's hope it is mixed decent, like the Mocambo Live, and it won't sound anything like Live Licks or Four Flicks. There is something off on those.

I am 99% Sure it'll be the same mix as the BBC Broadcast from 2022. Guitars upfront!

Judge yourself:

[m.youtube.com]

I hope you're right, although many other releases shown on tv got a (often inferior) remix later. A couple of tracks were also included on Live Licks, so it will be interesting doing a comparison later.

First half of SCB is Keith re-learning the song. The last half is fantastic, with an unbelievable energy thumbs up

But the Wiltern show from BBC is already a new mix from 2022. You're refering to Live Broadcasts (PPV) like Newark, Bremen, Licks NYC which were priginally a live mix. They remixed them for the releases.

That is indeed a good point, although it begs the question: Why did they show parts of it on the BBC and didn't release it last year? A teaser?

Anyways, I'm looking forward to hearing what Ronnie really played on CYHMK prior to his solo (haven't watched the BBC broadcast, if it's there).

CYHMK from live licks is not overdubbed.

Just as Rocks Off wasn't edited? Then how can we hear Keith 2 times on the Intro?

Edited and overdubbed are completely different.

Where did I say that they're the same? They just did both things very obvious

on Live Licks.

Thats not true¨, its just Keith, then Ronnie joins, where did this idea came from I never understood, its obviously Ronnie on standard tuning, you will see in March

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-16 19:36 by dedospegajosos.

Posted by: KeVvV2011 ()
Date: January 17, 2024 00:37

Mabru
KeVvV2011
Muddyw
Now let's hope it is mixed decent, like the Mocambo Live
Yeah this is the big question for me too. If it's mixed by Sam Wheat my enthusiasm for this release instantly is a lot lower...

The audio for the BBC broadcast was mixe by Sam Wheat
Ah, that's unfortunate. Although some have been better than others, I can't say I have been a fan of any of his mixes...

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: January 17, 2024 00:38

KeVvV2011
Mabru
KeVvV2011
Muddyw
Now let's hope it is mixed decent, like the Mocambo Live
Yeah this is the big question for me too. If it's mixed by Sam Wheat my enthusiasm for this release instantly is a lot lower...

The audio for the BBC broadcast was mixe by Sam Wheat
Ah, that's unfortunate. Although some have been better than others, I can't say I have been a fan of any of his mixes...

I am not a fan of Sam Wheat either but there are some mixes of him like the Salt Lake City mix or this one that are actually great!

But yeah, some of his mixes are horrible (like Copacabana or VL Uncut)

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: January 17, 2024 16:36

Muddyw
Now let's hope it is mixed decent, like the Mocambo Live, and it won't sound anything like Live Licks or Four Flicks. There is something off on those.

Yes, El Mocambo is mixed decent, but actually it deserves a brilliant mixing like Side 3 of Love You Live.It's a mystery to me why they didn't use the mixing template from the 70s. It corresponds much more to the club atmosphere and is much more present. Just by the way.

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: January 17, 2024 18:57

CHEAPEST 54,99 € in NL !
10 € Shipping to Germany

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-17 18:58 by satisfaction2.

Date: January 17, 2024 19:18

dedospegajosos
hockenheim95
GasLightStreet
hockenheim95
dedospegajosos
DandelionPowderman
hockenheim95
DandelionPowderman
hockenheim95
Muddyw

I am 99% Sure it'll be the same mix as the BBC Broadcast from 2022. Guitars upfront!

Judge yourself:

[m.youtube.com]

I hope you're right, although many other releases shown on tv got a (often inferior) remix later. A couple of tracks were also included on Live Licks, so it will be interesting doing a comparison later.

First half of SCB is Keith re-learning the song. The last half is fantastic, with an unbelievable energy thumbs up

But the Wiltern show from BBC is already a new mix from 2022. You're refering to Live Broadcasts (PPV) like Newark, Bremen, Licks NYC which were priginally a live mix. They remixed them for the releases.

That is indeed a good point, although it begs the question: Why did they show parts of it on the BBC and didn't release it last year? A teaser?

Anyways, I'm looking forward to hearing what Ronnie really played on CYHMK prior to his solo (haven't watched the BBC broadcast, if it's there).

Just as Rocks Off wasn't edited? Then how can we hear Keith 2 times on the Intro?

on Live Licks.

Thats not true¨, its just Keith, then Ronnie joins, where did this idea came from I never understood, its obviously Ronnie on standard tuning, you will see in March

It's not 'just Keith'. There's another open G-guitar in the left channel before Ronnie plays the solo on Live Licks.

Date: January 18, 2024 16:43

DandelionPowderman
dedospegajosos
hockenheim95
GasLightStreet
hockenheim95
dedospegajosos
DandelionPowderman
hockenheim95
DandelionPowderman
hockenheim95
Muddyw

Judge yourself:

[m.youtube.com]

on Live Licks.

It's not 'just Keith'. There's another open G-guitar in the left channel before Ronnie plays the solo on Live Licks.

It is NOT AN OPEN G GUITAR, it is Ronnie on standard, listen to licked live in NYC, he plays more or less the same

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: January 18, 2024 16:59

Keith always used to say that part of the weaving was that you couldn't tell who played what..

...we all said "...don't talk complete b*llocks Keith" ..

...but maybe he was right grinning smiley

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: January 18, 2024 17:16

RobertJohnson
Muddyw

Yes, El Mocambo is mixed decent, but actually it deserves a brilliant mixing like Side 3 of Love You Live.It's a mystery to me why they didn't use the mixing template from the 70s. It corresponds much more to the club atmosphere and is much more present. Just by the way.

Because they spend 5 weeks mixing and mastering the LYL album in one the world's most expensive studios with the best engineers of the time, whereas the El Mocambo release likely took one morning mixing and one afternoon mastering using standard ProTools plug ins on the now infamous 'Rolling Stones' and 'Mick Jagger' settings.

Mathijs

Date: January 18, 2024 17:40

Mathijs
RobertJohnson
Muddyw

Because they spend 5 weeks mixing and mastering the LYL album in one the world's most expensive studios with the best engineers of the time, whereas the El Mocambo release likely took one morning mixing and one afternoon mastering using standard ProTools plug ins on the now infamous 'Rolling Stones' and 'Mick Jagger' settings.

Mathijs

True..I was actually disappointed by this release because of the sound, it is not a bad sound at all but nothing like I imagined based on LYL SIDE 3. It sounds like an arena atmosphere.Too distant. This should have been mixed more like Stripped I think.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-18 17:43 by dedospegajosos.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: January 18, 2024 19:37

Whatever the mix sounds like it's already done, now it's just fingers crossed.

Date: January 19, 2024 01:29

dedospegajosos
Mathijs
RobertJohnson
Muddyw

Mathijs

True..I was actually disappointed by this release because of the sound, it is not a bad sound at all but nothing like I imagined based on LYL SIDE 3. It sounds like an arena atmosphere.Too distant. This should have been mixed more like Stripped I think.

Date: January 19, 2024 01:29

dedospegajosos
Mathijs
RobertJohnson
Muddyw

Mathijs

Definitely agree. It's a good mix, just not the right choice for this show.

Date: January 19, 2024 10:19

Mathijs
RobertJohnson
Muddyw

Mathijs

thumbs up My thoughts exactly.

El Mocambo is a more than decent sounding record ...

...but play side three of lyl on a good system and you're there in the room.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: January 19, 2024 10:25

Spud
Mathijs
RobertJohnson
Muddyw

Mathijs

thumbs up My thoughts exactly.

El Mocambo is a more than decent sounding record ...

...but play side three of lyl on a good system and you're there in the room.

It’s odd. I’ve always thought, as much as still enjoy it, that side 3 of LYL sounds thin. No punch.

Rod

Date: January 19, 2024 10:33

Not via any systems I've played it on...

...and I only had budget kit in 1977 when I first played the brand new copy I still play to this day.

[Folks sometimes think that old records played when we were kids on tatty old record playesr will likely be ruined...
..truth is that they often sound mint...because the crude styli we had never got anywhere near the part of the groove wall tracked by a decent quality stylus profile.]

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 19, 2024 12:55

In Japan, the 3LP Gold is JPY 33,190 at Tower Records. It's ~$224 or ~€206 - [Tower.jp] . But in the Universal Music Store it's JPY 9,743 ($66/€61) - [Store.Universal-Music.co.jp] .

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 20, 2024 23:38

Irix
In Japan, the 3LP Gold is JPY 33,190 at Tower Records. It's ~$224 or ~€206 - [Tower.jp] . But in the Universal Music Store it's JPY 9,743 ($66/€61) - [Store.Universal-Music.co.jp] .

That must mean that the Tower Records version is made with actual gold. I think that's an amazing investment opportunity.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: January 21, 2024 00:54

treaclefingers
Irix

That must mean that the Tower Records version is made with actual gold. I think that's an amazing investment opportunity.
but the Japanese one has no bonus tracks, right?

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: January 21, 2024 10:58

Yeah, right...[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: January 21, 2024 12:57

The vinyl from Japan is imported, it is the same as for the rest 0f The world.
The only thing more is the OBI strip and a Japanese Info sheet/booklet.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: January 21, 2024 21:27

...and SHM CD's.

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: January 22, 2024 13:52

VoodooLounge13
...and SHM CD's.

There is no Vinyl set with SHM-CDs

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: January 22, 2024 22:30

UrbanSteel
VoodooLounge13
...and SHM CD's.

There is no Vinyl set with SHM-CDs

My mistake. I thought we were talking about the Japanese version of the release in general.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: January 24, 2024 17:31

Posted by: joko81 ()
Date: January 27, 2024 15:04

Hi exilestones, do you have a hi-rez version of this picture? I may use it as the album cover in iTunes!

Posted by: cimaz ()
Date: January 27, 2024 18:47

I remenber that this picture was used on the cover of the Pignose edition of this concert.

Posted by: joko81 ()
Date: January 28, 2024 03:47

cimaz, thanks for the tip!

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: January 29, 2024 15:19

too bad...
i was at the Roseland Show. Now that one will never get released!

Great show; I'd have loved to see it again.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 4 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2106
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home