Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 3 of 11
Re: LIVE AT THE WILTERN - Official Release of Complete Show!!
Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: January 10, 2024 17:45

Mabru
Besides Wiltern and Olympia which other clubshows are fully filmed?
We know a full pro shot of Circus Krone Munich exists and some footage from Utrecht was broadcasted on tv. Maybe we can expect more clubshow releases
Think the full Vredenburg-show was filmed, but not sure. At least the full show was released on various boots in great quality (not sure if its soundsboard, but the recordings are EX smiling smiley)

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: dedospegajosos ()
Date: January 10, 2024 17:55

DandelionPowderman
hockenheim95
DandelionPowderman
hockenheim95
Muddyw
Now let's hope it is mixed decent, like the Mocambo Live, and it won't sound anything like Live Licks or Four Flicks. There is something off on those.

I am 99% Sure it'll be the same mix as the BBC Broadcast from 2022. Guitars upfront!

Judge yourself:

[m.youtube.com]

I hope you're right, although many other releases shown on tv got a (often inferior) remix later. A couple of tracks were also included on Live Licks, so it will be interesting doing a comparison later.

First half of SCB is Keith re-learning the song. The last half is fantastic, with an unbelievable energy thumbs up

But the Wiltern show from BBC is already a new mix from 2022. You're refering to Live Broadcasts (PPV) like Newark, Bremen, Licks NYC which were priginally a live mix. They remixed them for the releases.

That is indeed a good point, although it begs the question: Why did they show parts of it on the BBC and didn't release it last year? A teaser?

Anyways, I'm looking forward to hearing what Ronnie really played on CYHMK prior to his solo (haven't watched the BBC broadcast, if it's there).

CYHMK from live licks is not overdubbed.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: January 10, 2024 20:02

dedospegajosos
DandelionPowderman
hockenheim95
DandelionPowderman
hockenheim95
Muddyw
Now let's hope it is mixed decent, like the Mocambo Live, and it won't sound anything like Live Licks or Four Flicks. There is something off on those.

I am 99% Sure it'll be the same mix as the BBC Broadcast from 2022. Guitars upfront!

Judge yourself:

[m.youtube.com]

I hope you're right, although many other releases shown on tv got a (often inferior) remix later. A couple of tracks were also included on Live Licks, so it will be interesting doing a comparison later.

First half of SCB is Keith re-learning the song. The last half is fantastic, with an unbelievable energy thumbs up

But the Wiltern show from BBC is already a new mix from 2022. You're refering to Live Broadcasts (PPV) like Newark, Bremen, Licks NYC which were priginally a live mix. They remixed them for the releases.

That is indeed a good point, although it begs the question: Why did they show parts of it on the BBC and didn't release it last year? A teaser?

Anyways, I'm looking forward to hearing what Ronnie really played on CYHMK prior to his solo (haven't watched the BBC broadcast, if it's there).

Just as Rocks Off wasn't edited? Then how can we hear Keith 2 times on the Intro?

Date: January 10, 2024 20:17

dedospegajosos
DandelionPowderman
hockenheim95
DandelionPowderman
hockenheim95
Muddyw

Judge yourself:

[m.youtube.com]

Are you saying that Ronnie changed guitar before his solo? Looking forward to seeing that smiling smiley

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: January 10, 2024 20:33

According CD-Japan and Universal Music Japan no extra bonus.
Rare setlist from the November 4, 2002 show at the Wiltern Theatre in Los Angeles. This Japanese edition exclusively features the high-fidelity SHM-CD format. Comes with lyrics and a description. Consists of a Blu-ray and 2 CDs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-10 21:17 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: January 10, 2024 22:31

hockenheim95
Muddyw

Judge yourself:

[m.youtube.com]

this is what will be on the album? wow, haven't heard this performance before, great

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: January 10, 2024 23:55

snoopy2
hockenheim95
Muddyw

Judge yourself:

[m.youtube.com]

Tight performance. Wild. Raw. I like it.
this is what will be on the album? wow, haven't heard this performance before, great

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: January 13, 2024 09:47

Spud
Fingers crossed that whoever engineers the release remembers that this is a guitar band.

You'd be forgiven for thinking that some of the "modern era" vaults releases were "The Chuck Leavell & Daryll Jones Band"

Muddyw

Completely agree with you both. Licks and Four Flicks were ruined for me as the guitars were an afterthought by whoever mixed it. I watched each maybe once, tried a second time. Unwatchable due to the low mix on the guitars. The great thing about this Wiltern Show is that one can hear the guitars, the way it's supposed to sound.

Date: January 13, 2024 10:24

The guitars are not low in the mix on the original FF.

Posted by: mick64 ()
Date: January 14, 2024 12:27

Because all the formats, including the gold vinyl, do not appear on the Spanish website of the Stones, they will not be sold in SPAIN. Do you know something?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 14, 2024 13:00

mick64

Because all the formats, including the gold vinyl, do not appear on the Spanish website of the Stones, they will not be sold in SPAIN. Do you know something?

'Live At The Wiltern' is indeed currently not available on Spanish [www.Amazon.es] , [www.Amazon.es] , [www.Amazon.es] or [www.Fnac.es] . Don't know the reason for this and why it's not on pre-order there.

Date: January 14, 2024 13:10

In Germany, the 3LP Bronze Swirl is currently #1 in the general sales charts on [www.jpc.de] .

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: January 14, 2024 13:59

Irix
mick64

'Live At The Wiltern' is indeed currently not available on Spanish [www.Amazon.es] , [www.Amazon.es] , [www.Amazon.es] or [www.Fnac.es] . Don't know the reason for this and why it's not on pre-order there.
Amazon Spain, as well as Fnac Spain and Fnac Portugal are a bit slow in terms of pre-orders. The fact that something is not available right now means nothing. The listing might appear a day or two before the release date or even after.

I found it years ago - the best way is to do to Fnac store at the day of release and to talk to a guy at the counter. Usually they have everything in store but not on the shelves yet. Sometime I was able to get a release even a day earlier. They had it stored in the stockroom, the question is if the guy at the counter cares or not winking smiley.

Date: January 14, 2024 14:18

Ridiculous prices at JPC.de and several web shops compared to FNAC France.
First JPC.de, second FNAC France:
2CD: €19.99 / €17.99
2CD+DVD Combo: €24.99 / €18.99
2CD+Blu-ray Combo: €28.99 / €19.99
3LP Black Vinyl: €59.99 / €48.99
3LP Bronze & Black Swirl Vinyl: €59.99 / €48.99
Shipping costs JPC.de for vinyl free for the 2CD + Combos: €2.99
Shipping costs FNAC France for all the 5 versions: around €5.00

[www.fnac.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-14 19:51 by UrbanSteel.

Date: January 14, 2024 14:25

ironbelly

Amazon Spain, as well as Fnac Spain and Fnac Portugal are a bit slow in terms of pre-orders.

Looks like the same with Italian [www.Amazon.it] , [www.Amazon.it] , [www.Amazon.it] , [www.Amazon.it] .

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: January 14, 2024 14:26

DandelionPowderman
hockenheim95
DandelionPowderman
hockenheim95
Muddyw

Judge yourself:

[m.youtube.com]

That was my first thought also smiling smiley

For the rest, I'm not really interested in having more live versions from the same tour than the ones we already have on 4 Flicks (theatre show) and Live Licks. There are no songs that weren't featured on those I don't think.

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: January 15, 2024 01:57

Im really happy that they keep on releasing these dvds!

Date: January 15, 2024 11:05

Japanese BR/DVD/SHM-CDs also available at [www.jpc.de] , [www.jpc.de] , [www.jpc.de] .

Date: January 15, 2024 14:15

Rolling Stones SHM-CD Live At The Wiltern different prices.
First JPC.de, second CDJapan
2CD: EUR € 46.99 / € 22,65
2CD+DVD Combo: € 78,99 / € 40,90
2CD+Blu-ray Combo: € 96,99 / € 47,19
Registered Airmail Shippings costs for the 3 versions CDJapan: € 22,53
Tax and customs: € 27,95

JPC.de the 3 versions Shipping to Holland (€ 2,95) Totaal: € 225,92
CDJapan the 3 versions Registered Airmail tax and customs: € 161,19

[www.jpc.de]
[www.cdjapan.co.jp]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-15 16:04 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: alexander paul ()
Date: January 15, 2024 15:56

As far as I understand 2cd at JPC is E 19,99, Dvd 2cd combo E 24,99.

Date: January 15, 2024 16:01

alexander paul
As far as I understand 2cd at JPC is E 19,99, Dvd 2cd combo E 24,99.

Not the Japanese SHM-CD+DVD or Blu-ray combo.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 16, 2024 06:08

hockenheim95
dedospegajosos
DandelionPowderman
hockenheim95
DandelionPowderman
hockenheim95
Muddyw

Judge yourself:

[m.youtube.com]

Just as Rocks Off wasn't edited? Then how can we hear Keith 2 times on the Intro?

Edited and overdubbed are completely different.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: January 16, 2024 09:25

GasLightStreet
hockenheim95
dedospegajosos
DandelionPowderman
hockenheim95
DandelionPowderman
hockenheim95
Muddyw

Judge yourself:

[m.youtube.com]

Where did I say that they're the same? They just did both things very obvious on Live Licks.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: January 16, 2024 13:23

hockenheim95
GasLightStreet
hockenheim95
dedospegajosos
DandelionPowderman
hockenheim95
DandelionPowderman
hockenheim95
Muddyw

Judge yourself:

[m.youtube.com]

Where did I say that they're the same? They just did both things very obvious on Live Licks.

well, it's the same old question – have the Stones ever released live stuff that has neither been edited nor overdubbed?

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: January 16, 2024 13:35

slewan

well, it's the same old question – have the Stones ever released live stuff that has neither been edited nor overdubbed?

Well...LA 1975, Leeds 1982, Wembley 1982, for all we know Leeds 1971, the tracks from Roundhouse 1971. Fort Worth 1972 as well with the exception of Sweet Virgina, Brussels Affair only has the solo edited in for All Down the Line. Fort Worth 1978 has no overdubs or edits for all we know.

Mathijs

Posted by: KeVvV2011 ()
Date: January 16, 2024 14:26

Muddyw
Now let's hope it is mixed decent, like the Mocambo Live
Yeah this is the big question for me too. If it's mixed by Sam Wheat my enthusiasm for this release instantly is a lot lower...

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: January 16, 2024 16:08

KeVvV2011
Muddyw
Now let's hope it is mixed decent, like the Mocambo Live
Yeah this is the big question for me too. If it's mixed by Sam Wheat my enthusiasm for this release instantly is a lot lower...

The audio for the BBC broadcast was mixe by Sam Wheat

Posted by: mick64 ()
Date: January 16, 2024 16:34

The GOLD vinyl is sold out on the United States website and I can't find it yet on the English and Spanish websites.

Date: January 16, 2024 16:40

Date: January 16, 2024 16:40

Mabru

The audio for the BBC broadcast was mixed by Sam Wheat

Yep - and mastering was by Mazen Murad. Both also did 'Licked Live In NYC'.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 3 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2193
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home