Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7
Re: Vancouver BC Canada 2024 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: MAF ()
Date: December 1, 2023 20:25

Does anyone get pit?

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: December 1, 2023 20:25

I went straight from the waiting room to buying tickets. Maybe it's my LD.

Date: December 1, 2023 20:29

As usual: no pit
and a lot of platinum sh*t

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-01 20:29 by MAF.

Date: December 1, 2023 20:31

Tickets going fast. A lot of blocks change to grey.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: December 1, 2023 20:33

Zero tix left for Van. Map is black.

Date: December 1, 2023 20:39

SomeTorontoGirl
Black? Not yet - if you like to get tix made of platinum

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 1, 2023 20:42

SomeTorontoGirl

whoa!

Date: December 1, 2023 20:44

Nice description: alkohol permitted seat for 490.20 CAD. Paying such prices you need a drink...

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: December 1, 2023 20:44

Yeah if you filter 'standard tickets' only, the map is blank. The Canadians seem to be pushing harder with the packages than many other venues; wonder if that's to do with the exchange rate (normal pits by far cheaper here).
syrel

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 1, 2023 20:46

SomeTorontoGirl

Hottest show of the year smileys with beer

Date: December 1, 2023 20:47

some left in section 212
some pop up without a package
and now game over for today

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-01 20:50 by MAF.

Posted by: KissRocks7 ()
Date: December 1, 2023 20:57

How did Vancouver only get one show? Demand clearly there and after a Covid cancelled show seems like a miss.

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: December 1, 2023 21:02

It's too bad there isn't more calendar space between YVR and other shows. Would be amazing if it somehow got a 2nd show.

Just glad I was able to get enough dips for Van and Seattle. After the purchasing gauntlet, my sympathetic nervous system is now at threat-level bear-chase.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-01 21:23 by BeastyBurdeny.

Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: December 1, 2023 21:23

8 day gap between Seattle and Met Life…one never knows only 3 hr drive.

BeastyBurdeny
It's too bad there isn't more calendar space between YVR and other shows. Would be amazing if it somehow got a 2nd show.

Just glad I was able to get enough dips for Van and Seattle. After the purchasing gauntlet, my sympathetic nervous system is now at threat-level bear-chase.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: December 1, 2023 21:24

MisterDDDD
SomeTorontoGirl

I would agree but probably the hottest show is Taylor Swift's 3 shows at BC Place next December.

A few friends couldn't get tickets but they're looking at Seattle now since there's quite a bit of tickets still available there and it's not too far a drive from Vancouver.

Date: December 1, 2023 22:41

PaintitBlue
8 day gap between Seattle and Met Life…one never knows only 3 hr drive.

BeastyBurdeny

hmm... good point!

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: December 5, 2023 06:12

Arriving July 3rd and staying until July 9th. Gotta check out Vancouver Island the weekend after the show. A friend in Nanaimo was kind to offer a place to stay.

I just absolutely love Vancouver. First visited in 2011 on one of my several Canada trips (there's 13 in total if my math is right!). It's such a beautiful city.

The last time I was around was the IIHF World Junior Hockey Championships in 2019. I jinxed Team Canada in the semi's, and the Finns ended up winning gold. (I always jinx the Canadians, they have never won the tourney if I went...)

Seeing the Stones in Canada has been a bucket list item for me for a long time now. Favorite band, favorite country; what more could you ask for?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-05 06:16 by Topi.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: December 5, 2023 07:02

Topi
Arriving July 3rd and staying until July 9th. Gotta check out Vancouver Island the weekend after the show. A friend in Nanaimo was kind to offer a place to stay.

Nice place indeed. Very near Nanaimo there's a really interesting animal/bird rescue place - [www.niwra.org] Really interesting place.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: December 5, 2023 07:17

Thank you, will keep that in mind!

Date: December 5, 2023 13:30

DGA35
MisterDDDD
SomeTorontoGirl

I would agree but probably the hottest show is Taylor Swift's 3 shows at BC Place next December.

A few friends couldn't get tickets but they're looking at Seattle now since there's quite a bit of tickets still available there and it's not too far a drive from Vancouver.

I also got LD's for Seattle...quite lucky with how things turned out with this. I only regret not considering Vegas for LD's. Had I even thought about it for a minute I would have went for it but alas. Can't complain though!

Date: December 5, 2023 14:34

So looking forward to getting back to Van for the first time in a few years. The pilgrimage will include stops at East is East on W Broadway, La Casa Gelato on Venables, maybe a noodle around Lynn Canyon (no crowds - or admission $$$ - like the Capilano bridge) and a walk along the seawall.

Date: December 5, 2023 15:51

SomeTorontoGirl
So looking forward to getting back to Van for the first time in a few years. The pilgrimage will include stops at East is East on W Broadway, La Casa Gelato on Venables, maybe a noodle around Lynn Canyon (no crowds - or admission $$$ - like the Capilano bridge) and a walk along the seawall.

Summer is amazing...great timing!

Date: December 5, 2023 16:11

SomeTorontoGirl

Any whiskey stores along the way?

Date: December 5, 2023 16:44

Topi
SomeTorontoGirl

Whisky! (Proper Scottish!) That Whiskey stuff is from Ireland or (shudder) the US! grinning smiley
Nothing like the kind of stock you get in Alberta, as I recall, unless things have changed. Not worth it for me, with my stockpile, especially since it means you have to check a bag to get it home, which is fraught with peril these days. I’ll be trying for something decent in Chicago Duty Free for my hosts in Van, I can carry that on.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 5, 2023 17:00

SomeTorontoGirl
Topi
SomeTorontoGirl

Whisky! (Proper Scottish!) That Whiskey stuff is from Ireland or (shudder) the US! grinning smiley
Nothing like the kind of stock you get in Alberta, as I recall, unless things have changed. Not worth it for me, with my stockpile, especially since it means you have to check a bag to get it home, which is fraught with peril these days. I’ll be trying for something decent in Chicago Duty Free for my hosts in Van, I can carry that on.

No stop at the New Amsterdam Cafe on Hastings?
Been a few years, but I do enjoy making a visit for a cup of coffee smoking smiley

Date: December 5, 2023 18:54

MisterDDDD
SomeTorontoGirl
Topi
SomeTorontoGirl

No stop at the New Amsterdam Cafe on Hastings?
Been a few years, but I do enjoy making a visit for a cup of coffee smoking smiley

Funny story…on my first visit to Amsterdam in ‘17, I saw a coffee shop as I was walking around. I decided to pop in and was shocked - SHOCKED I tell you - to find that they served…coffee.

Likely the only one in the whole city. grinning smiley

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: December 5, 2023 22:23

Found out PINK has rescheduled her Vancouver shows for Sept 6-7. I was just thinking that with my luck, she would reschedule the same night as Stones! She has Sheryl Crowe opening for her which is a bonus! So for 2024 I have Madonna, Pink and Springsteen rescheduled shows, hopefully Stones don't get postponed!!

Date: December 5, 2023 23:06

Topi

I just absolutely love Vancouver. First visited in 2011 on one of my several Canada trips (there's 13 in total if my math is right!). It's such a beautiful city.

The last time I was around was the IIHF World Junior Hockey Championships in 2019. I jinxed Team Canada in the semi's, and the Finns ended up winning gold. (I always jinx the Canadians, they have never won the tourney if I went...)

Seeing the Stones in Canada has been a bucket list item for me for a long time now. Favorite band, favorite country; what more could you ask for?

Topi, you are an honorary Canadian now. I think we can all agree smileys with beer

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: December 6, 2023 03:23

It’s a long shot I know but does anyone have a spare LD ticket for the Vancouver gig? I have a friend who’s eager to go but the prices are too juicy.

Date: December 6, 2023 06:24

BeastyBurdeny

Topi, you are an honorary Canadian now. I think we can all agree smileys with beer

I think I was a moose in a previous life.

No, wait, that reminds me of a "Slap Shot" quote...

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1897
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home