Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Seattle WA USA 2024 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: December 5, 2023 08:43

crholmstrom
MisterDDDD
crholmstrom
bitusa2012
crholmstrom
bitusa2012
crholmstrom
If anyone needs any help or pointers on Seattle, please reach out. I've lived here 60 of my 62 years & am happy to help.

How easy/hard is it to get a tour of the Boeing factory ? One of my dreams. And as I’m coming from Perth Australia I’d love to take that in? Thanks.

The big factory tour is in Everett, WA which is quite a distance north. I usecabd to work there. It's a long drive or cab ride. Mass transit from downtown to there isn't really happening. However, I have a suggestion for you. The Museum of Flight is quite spectacular & is located at Boeing Field in Seattle. The original factory from 100 years ago is included in that I think. It would be quite easy to get to from downtown. Here is a link below. It says Tukwila WA but it's on the south border of the city proper. I think you would enjoy this & it wouldn't take you a whole day in travel to & from it. Let me know if you have any more questions.

[www.museumofflight.org]

PS: I was correct, the original factory is included. It's known as the Red Barn. It's 1 of the galleries at the museum.

Oh BRILLIANT mate. That looks like a goer for me! Thanks ever so much. I realised the actual factory is in Everett. I’d be happy to get there too I must say. Uber?

Yes, Uber could be a solution albeit an expensive one. I've never done the tour in Everett per se. I did get a tour when I was first hired. Keep in mind getting to Everett & back during the work week you would be dealing with horrific traffic. Some of the worst in the country. The drive would be at least an hour each way if not more. It's a bit better during the weekend but not much. Below is a link for the Everett tour.

[www.boeingfutureofflight.com]

An option that avoids the traffic could be the Sounder train from downtown to Everett, then Uber. Train station not far from hotel.
Still takes about an hour, but inexpensive and no potential prolonged traffic issues.
[www.soundtransit.org]

Sorry I forgot about the Sounder. I've never used it so I didn't know they went there.

Thanks so much. That train may be an option for me. We’re staying at the Fairmont Olympic. Hopefully that’s ok - looks to be nice. And a relatively short walk to the stadium. You guys going to the show????

Rod

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-05 11:01 by bitusa2012.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: December 5, 2023 09:40

bitusa2012
crholmstrom
MisterDDDD
crholmstrom
bitusa2012
crholmstrom
bitusa2012
crholmstrom
If anyone needs any help or pointers on Seattle, please reach out. I've lived here 60 of my 62 years & am happy to help.

How easy/hard is it to get a tour of the Boeing factory ? One of my dreams. And as I’m coming from Perth Australia I’d love to take that in? Thanks.

The big factory tour is in Everett, WA which is quite a distance north. I usecabd to work there. It's a long drive or cab ride. Mass transit from downtown to there isn't really happening. However, I have a suggestion for you. The Museum of Flight is quite spectacular & is located at Boeing Field in Seattle. The original factory from 100 years ago is included in that I think. It would be quite easy to get to from downtown. Here is a link below. It says Tukwila WA but it's on the south border of the city proper. I think you would enjoy this & it wouldn't take you a whole day in travel to & from it. Let me know if you have any more questions.

[www.museumofflight.org]

PS: I was correct, the original factory is included. It's known as the Red Barn. It's 1 of the galleries at the museum.

Oh BRILLIANT mate. That looks like a goer for me! Thanks ever so much. I realised the actual factory is in Everett. I’d be happy to get there too I must say. Uber?

Yes, Uber could be a solution albeit an expensive one. I've never done the tour in Everett per se. I did get a tour when I was first hired. Keep in mind getting to Everett & back during the work week you would be dealing with horrific traffic. Some of the worst in the country. The drive would be at least an hour each way if not more. It's a bit better during the weekend but not much. Below is a link for the Everett tour.

An option that avoids the traffic could be the Sounder train from downtown to Everett, then Uber. Train station not far from hotel.
Still takes about an hour, but inexpensive and no potential prolonged traffic issues.
[www.soundtransit.org]

Sorry I forgot about the Sounder. I've never used it so I didn't know they went there.

Thanks so much. That train may be an option for me. We’re starting at the Fairmont Olympic. Hopefully that’s ok - looks to be nice. And a relatively short walk to the stadium. You guys going to the show????

Yes. I got decent seats on the upper deck.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: December 5, 2023 10:59

crholmstrom
bitusa2012
crholmstrom
MisterDDDD
crholmstrom
bitusa2012
crholmstrom
bitusa2012
crholmstrom

[www.museumofflight.org]

[www.soundtransit.org]

Thanks so much. That train may be an option for me. We’re starting at the Fairmont Olympic. Hopefully that’s ok - looks to be nice. And a relatively short walk to the stadium. You guys going to the show????

We’re in 311 row Q

Rod

Date: December 5, 2023 14:41

bitusa2012
crholmstrom
bitusa2012
crholmstrom
MisterDDDD
crholmstrom
bitusa2012
crholmstrom
bitusa2012
crholmstrom

[www.museumofflight.org]

[www.soundtransit.org]

We’re in 311 row Q

I'm in 313 row E (disabled seating).

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 5, 2023 16:41

crholmstrom
bitusa2012
crholmstrom
bitusa2012
crholmstrom
MisterDDDD
crholmstrom
bitusa2012
crholmstrom
bitusa2012
crholmstrom

[www.museumofflight.org]

[www.soundtransit.org]

We’re in 311 row Q

I'm in 313 row E (disabled seating).

I'll be lucky dipping this one.. great to do a pre show meetup or party.
The Fairmont is a fantastic spot for a visit.. walking distance to the Market, waterfront etc. and stunning. smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-05 16:43 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: December 5, 2023 18:03

Lots of Standard seats for Seattle right now. Even face value floor seats.

Date: December 5, 2023 18:59

daspyknows
Lots of Standard seats for Seattle right now. Even face value floor seats.

Someone said there were some pit tickets still available at face value. Don't know if that's still the case.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: December 5, 2023 19:45

There have been Start Me Up pit packages available for Seattle most of the time. I think people are confusing them with 'face value' pit tickets.
syrel

Posted by: Kerryann ()
Date: February 23, 2024 00:40

bitusa2012
I’m in 311. Tiny wife, so no point in pit or floor tickets as she just does not see a thing. Even struggles to see the screens! So went UP !!

Got the two tickets for USD 328 incl fees = AUD 496.00 - a bargain compared to their Aussie shows in 2014 where seats were AUD 537 EACH!!

Might try for Lucky Dips and use the best if they are better and in the stands.

Flying from Perth Australia straight into Vegas on May 11, then May 14 flying Delta to Seattle. Staying at the Renaissance Seattle Hotel, about 20 minute walk away.

We're from NZ and also flying Delta on 14th to Seattle. We're on the 11.45am flight and staying at Silver Cloud hotel right next to the stadium in Seattle. Might see ya at the airport, I'll keep an eye out for a tiny wife and say hello!

Date: February 23, 2024 00:55

crholmstrom

We've got 2 full days in Seattle 14th, 15th, 16th and struggling to find things to see/do there. Love the suggestion of the museum of flight. Otherwise seeing Pike Place Market, exploring waterfront area, going to a few museums near the needle. Any other suggestions appreciated. We're staying at Silver Cloud Hotel right next to the stadium.

Date: February 23, 2024 03:25

Kerryann
crholmstrom

We've got 2 full days in Seattle 14th, 15th, 16th and struggling to find things to see/do there. Love the suggestion of the museum of flight. Otherwise seeing Pike Place Market, exploring waterfront area, going to a few museums near the needle. Any other suggestions appreciated. We're staying at Silver Cloud Hotel right next to the stadium.

Give me a few days & I'll respond here. Not well today.

Date: February 23, 2024 03:44

crholmstrom
Kerryann
crholmstrom

Give me a few days & I'll respond here. Not well today.

Sorry to hear that, get better soon

Posted by: keefgotsoul ()
Date: February 23, 2024 05:38

Kerryann
crholmstrom

I haven’t been there in a long time but the Museum of Pop Culture in Seattle has a lot of rock n roll memorabilia. Several guitars owned by famous musicians like Hendrix and such.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: February 23, 2024 10:55

keefgotsoul
Kerryann
crholmstrom

I haven’t been there in a long time but the Museum of Pop Culture in Seattle has a lot of rock n roll memorabilia. Several guitars owned by famous musicians like Hendrix and such.

Definitely worth a visit, plenty of grunge sites to be seen around Seattle also.

Date: February 23, 2024 21:35

I am getting in about the same time on the 13th. Going to see Warpaint and staying til the night of the 16th. Will be in Vegas too.

Date: February 23, 2024 21:35

I am getting in about the same time on the 13th. Going to see Warpaint and staying til the night of the 16th. Will be in Vegas too.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 23, 2024 22:08

Paddy
keefgotsoul
Kerryann
crholmstrom

Definitely worth a visit, plenty of grunge sites to be seen around Seattle also.

Ronnie and family visited the museum last time.. definitely worth a visit.
Getting there via the monorail from downtown is quick and easy. I'd recommend a trip up the Space Needle (touristy, but kinda cool w good food) while there.

Would also recommend getting out on the water via ferry (Bremerton or Bainbridge Island) both fairly quick trips from the waterfront, Bremerton has more to do walking distance to ferry, museums Naval shipyard etc. Pioneer square is not far from your hotel, lots of music, food, nightlife, etc. Another touristy thing there but the Underground tour of Seattle is popular and has a bit of Seattle history and comedy.

Date: February 24, 2024 02:22

Thank you everyone for the suggestions. I've got a good selection of stuff to do and see now. Just one more thing, are there any good blues bars that may have live music midweek?

Date: February 24, 2024 12:28

Kerryann
Thank you everyone for the suggestions. I've got a good selection of stuff to do and see now. Just one more thing, are there any good blues bars that may have live music midweek?

Hi. Sorry for the delay. There used to be a good blues club downtown but its closed. You might want to try the Pioneer Square zone. A few other interesting things that haven't been mentioned:
Seattle Aquarium (waterfront)
Woodland Park Zoo
Harbor Tour with stop at Blake Island for Native American salmon dinner & show
If you have a car, head east on I-90. Snoqualmie Falls can be spectacular. The town of North Bend you'll find Twin Peaks stuff like the cafe with the cherry pie
Mariners baseball, nice ballpark
Seattle Art Museum
Capitol Hill: hipster zone shopping & dining
Do be careful walking around after dark. The homeless issue is out of control.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: February 24, 2024 17:07

Are there any Stones stores in Seattle.Any good bars near stadium. Any help is appreciated.

Date: February 24, 2024 17:53

babyblue
Are there any Stones stores in Seattle.Any good bars near stadium. Any help is appreciated.

No Stones stores that I know about. I'm not a drinker but there are many decent bars within crawling distance of the stadium. The baseball stadium is a block away, so that area is hopping year round. The Mariners operate a nice bar/restaurant across the street from the baseball stadium. Hatback Bar & Grill. Many more besides that.

Date: February 24, 2024 23:42

crholmstrom
Kerryann

Hi. Sorry for the delay. There used to be a good blues club downtown but its closed. You might want to try the Pioneer Square zone. A few other interesting things that haven't been mentioned:
Seattle Aquarium (waterfront)
Woodland Park Zoo
Harbor Tour with stop at Blake Island for Native American salmon dinner & show
If you have a car, head east on I-90. Snoqualmie Falls can be spectacular. The town of North Bend you'll find Twin Peaks stuff like the cafe with the cherry pie
Mariners baseball, nice ballpark
Seattle Art Museum
Capitol Hill: hipster zone shopping & dining
Do be careful walking around after dark. The homeless issue is out of control.

Thank you for the ideas. I've added a couple of items to our itinerary. It seems the Blake Island tour no longer operates, which is a pity because it looks really interesting.

Good to know not to walk about after dark. Homelessness is becoming a big problem at a lot of US citys it seems. It's even increasing here in little ole New Zealand.

Date: February 25, 2024 01:44

crholmstrom
babyblue

No Stones stores that I know about. I'm not a drinker but there are many decent bars within crawling distance of the stadium. The baseball stadium is a block away, so that area is hopping year round. The Mariners operate a nice bar/restaurant across the street from the baseball stadium. Hatback Bar & Grill. Many more besides that.

Thanks for your help.

Posted by: scottie7397 ()
Date: March 26, 2024 05:21

Is there any difference in pit tickets? Not asking Pit 1vs2 but within the Pit? I thought it was SRO and you just try and get as close as possible. Sm I missing something?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 26, 2024 07:27

The stand-alone pit tickets (without the VIP package) are all the same, but the Start Me Up VIP package gets you early entry into the pit before others. (Plus a bag of worthless swag, of course. Yay, a lanyard!)

But once inside, there are no separate "tiers" in the pit. It's standing room, first come, first serve.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-03-26 07:55 by Topi.

Date: April 8, 2024 02:50

daspyknows

Hi daspyknows where are you from.

Date: April 9, 2024 01:54

babyblue
daspyknows

sf bay area

Posted by: vant0037 ()
Date: April 20, 2024 07:14

Hypothetically, if someone had an extra pit ticket for this show, could they sell it on here?

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: April 20, 2024 10:30

vant0037
Hypothetically, if someone had an extra pit ticket for this show, could they sell it on here?

[iorr.org]

syrel

Date: April 21, 2024 00:56

daspyknows
babyblue
daspyknows

sf bay area
O c thnx

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2076
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home