Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Did the Sticky Fingers, Exile, Some Girls, and Tattoo You Super Deluxes use the 2009 Universal Mixes?
Posted by: donvis ()
Date: November 24, 2023 16:37

Did these Super Deluxe releases which came out in 2010, 2011, 2015, and 2021 use those same loud masters that Universal released in 2009? Thank you!

Re: Did the Sticky Fingers, Exile, Some Girls, and Tattoo You Super Deluxes use the 2009 Universal Mixes?
Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: November 24, 2023 16:59

Yes (and no).
Sticky Fingers and Some Girls are clones to 2009 remaster. Loud and compressed.
Exile is a clone to 2010 remaster. Loud and compressed.
Goats Head Soup is a new remix/remaster by Giles Martin (not too much better in terms of loudness and dynamic range, clipped to 0dB and with DR=6). The only positive (though questionable) point - it is a remix.
Tattoo You is a new remaster from 2021 even worst than 2009 remaster. Complete trash in terms of loudness and DR5.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-24 17:02 by ironbelly.

Re: Did the Sticky Fingers, Exile, Some Girls, and Tattoo You Super Deluxes use the 2009 Universal Mixes?
Posted by: donvis ()
Date: November 24, 2023 17:15

Thank you ironbelly.

Date: November 24, 2023 17:30

It's annoying when audio sound is loud and compressed.

It makes the listener not proud and suppressed.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 24, 2023 17:44

MrForeverMusicFan

But...it's in the cloud, and I'm impressed.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: November 24, 2023 17:55

treaclefingers
MrForeverMusicFan

But...it's in the cloud, and I'm impressed.

Unrelated ... but if it weren't for my shroud, I'd be undressed.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: November 24, 2023 20:43

Gentlemen, I'm hearing pre-HACKNEY DIAMONDS Jagger lyrics here. You just need a chorus. Someone get Matt to come downstairs and program Stones chorus Type B.

"N'yeah! It's annoying when audio sound is loud and compressed.
Come on! It makes the listener not proud and suppressed.
Uh huh! But...it's in the cloud, and I'm impressed.
Aw yeah! But if it weren't for my shroud, I'd be undressed."

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 24, 2023 21:01

Rocky Dijon
Gentlemen, I'm hearing pre-HACKNEY DIAMONDS Jagger lyrics here. You just need a chorus. Someone get Matt to come downstairs and program Stones chorus Type B.

"N'yeah! It's annoying when audio sound is loud and compressed.
Come on! It makes the listener not proud and suppressed.
Uh huh! But...it's in the cloud, and I'm impressed.
Aw yeah! But if it weren't for my shroud, I'd be undressed."

Hmmm...that is so flawed and now I'm depressed.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: November 25, 2023 01:10

ironbelly

Goats Head Soup is a new remix/remaster by Giles Martin (not too much better in terms of loudness and dynamic range, clipped to 0dB and with DR=6).

The remix was by G. Martin, but the 2020 mastering was by Emily Lazar and Greg Calbi - [www.Discogs.com] .

The mastering of G. Martin's Atmos-Mix at 'Hackney Diamonds' is much better in regard of dynamic range than the CD and HiRes-Stereo (by Matt Colton).

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 25, 2023 02:27

I'm under the impression the GHS Dolby Atmos Mix is dr14. Am I wrong? Whatever it is I think it sounds amazing.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2474
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home