Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122Next
Current Page: 20 of 22
Re: Lucky Dip Tickets 2024
Posted by: ARB ()
Date: January 20, 2024 07:04

Will they release more LDs? I seem to remember them doing that on previous tours? Or was that a fever dream?

~Chasing shadows, moonlight mystery~

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: January 20, 2024 09:39

Fever dream imo

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: January 20, 2024 11:32

They won't.

Pure LD drops (as in more LDs put on sale) are extremely rare.

However, what you saw on previous tours was not a fever dream. It was people getting refunds for their LDs because shows were postponed. Happened in 2019 and 2020-2021.

This resulted in those tickets going back on sale; you had to know the correct LD link to a given show to access them. They were not advertised on the Stonws website, social or elsewhere.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-20 11:38 by Topi.

Date: January 20, 2024 19:48

Hello,

I‘m usually just scrolling through here, reading your contributions, but this time, I‘m having a question reagarding the Lucky Dips I got for the New Jersey Show on May 23:
I purchased my tickets with my boyfriend‘s credit card, since I only have a Debit Card. Because of this, for some reason it only shows his name now (with my address) on the bill and because he is not the one going with me (I will take his card with me though), I‘m a bit concerned.
I texted both, Ticket Master and the location via mail, but they both forwarded me to each other, saying I should ask somebody else.

Does anybody have any experience with such a case?

Thank you in advance for any comments and possible help!

Date: January 20, 2024 22:12

Was the purchase made with your Ticketmaster account, though?

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: January 20, 2024 22:14

JivingSisterFanny
Hello,

I‘m usually just scrolling through here, reading your contributions, but this time, I‘m having a question reagarding the Lucky Dips I got for the New Jersey Show on May 23:
I purchased my tickets with my boyfriend‘s credit card, since I only have a Debit Card. Because of this, for some reason it only shows his name now (with my address) on the bill and because he is not the one going with me (I will take his card with me though), I‘m a bit concerned.
I texted both, Ticket Master and the location via mail, but they both forwarded me to each other, saying I should ask somebody else.

Does anybody have any experience with such a case?

Thank you in advance for any comments and possible help!

Depends on local stuff at the counter. It'll work at 9/10 shows but when they act like in Austin 21 you won't get your tickets even with a confirmation from Ticketmaster.

Date: January 20, 2024 22:40

Yes it was, but for some reason it only shows his name on the billing situationsad smiley

Date: January 21, 2024 05:53

JivingSisterFanny
Yes it was, but for some reason it only shows his name on the billing situationsad smiley

I don't think that matters. They want the buyer's ID and the Ticketmaster account is under your name (I would assume). Doesn't matter whose credit card you used to purchase. You'll just have to bring your ID along with the card used when you pick up the tickets.

Most of the time they just ID you, they don't even look at the credit card.

Their fine print says:

"Pick-up tickets night of show only, in person, with picture ID, confirmation number, and the credit card used at purchase"

[ticketmaster-ca.zendesk.com]

In years past, they said:

[www.hotpress.com]

"Your picture ID, confirmation number, and the credit card used to make the purchase are required for pick-up. You will not be permitted to pick up your tickets without these three (3) items.""

There's nothing against using your brother's credit card to buy. You'll just need to bring it with you.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-21 06:12 by Topi.

Date: January 21, 2024 06:11

hockenheim95
It'll work at 9/10 shows but when they act like in Austin 21 you won't get your tickets even with a confirmation from Ticketmaster.

FWIW, in Austin 2021, my Finnish friend was able to pick up a pair of LD's bought by his American friend using the buyer's US driving license. And they don't look remotely like each other. smiling smiley So it all boils down to the person at the counter.

But the issue with JivingSisterFanny is not the same. JSF would be picking up tickets that they bought under their own TM account. It's just the "card used for purchase" that isn't theirs.

Based on years of LD experience, often times they only have the last four digits of the credit cards in this printout list at the booth. And usually just the buyer's ID is enough for pickup.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-21 06:12 by Topi.

Date: January 21, 2024 08:23

Topi
hockenheim95
It'll work at 9/10 shows but when they act like in Austin 21 you won't get your tickets even with a confirmation from Ticketmaster.

FWIW, in Austin 2021, my Finnish friend was able to pick up a pair of LD's bought by his American friend using the buyer's US driving license. And they don't look remotely like each other. smiling smiley So it all boils down to the person at the counter.

But the issue with JivingSisterFanny is not the same. JSF would be picking up tickets that they bought under their own TM account. It's just the "card used for purchase" that isn't theirs.

Based on years of LD experience, often times they only have the last four digits of the credit cards in this printout list at the booth. And usually just the buyer's ID is enough for pickup.

The issue is that the tickets are reserved for the person which credit Card she used so either she gets it resolved with Ticketmaster or she'll go to the counter and has a 90% chance of getting them. Not everything is crystal clear in this situation. I had the same issue a while ago. I used my TM account and my wifes Credit card. We picked the tickets up under her name. But as we were both there it wasn't a problem.

Date: January 21, 2024 09:35

hockenheim95

The issue is that the tickets are reserved for the person which credit Card she used

Where did JSF say that? It's JSF's Ticketmaster account, after all.

The buyer is the one with the Ticketmaster account. They have the confirmation e-mail. They will get the pickup instructions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-21 09:46 by Topi.

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: January 21, 2024 10:03

And changing the name associated with the Ticketmaster account won't change the name on the dips, for those wondering about trying that. It'll still be printed out with the original TM account name.

Date: January 21, 2024 10:18

That's what I am saying.

I have successfully bought multiple pairs of dips by using another e-mail/account combo with my middle name (Ilkka) instead of my first name -and a 2nd credit card.

At no time did they change the buyer name on the second LD pair to Topi instead of Ilkka.

Credit cards and IDs of course have both Topi and Ilkka on them so I was good picking up more than 1 pair..

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-21 10:22 by Topi.

Date: January 21, 2024 11:40

For the MetLife May 23 show, I bought a pit ticket for my friend using my TM account but her credit card.

I transferred the ticket to her through TM and she accepted the transfer so I no longer have the ticket.

But being the original buyer I can still see the order receipt if I go to "View Receipt" under my TM orders.

And, naturally, it shows the order having been paid with her credit card / her name.

I suspect this "View Receipt" page is the "billing situation" you're talking about, JivingSisterFanny?

It doesn't matter. It's just a receipt. You're still the ticket holder/recipient.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-21 11:51 by Topi.

Date: January 27, 2024 14:48

Sorry for not responding faster, for some reason I couldn’t post anything at allsad smiley
I‘m very grateful for all your supporting and helpful messages regarding my Lucky Dip Tickets. I‘ll keep my fingers crossed that everything works out perfectly fine and I can’t wait!

Posted by: Ralleyguy ()
Date: April 18, 2024 03:45

bengigan
rustytrinket86
Looks like I might have an extra pair of LA2’s (as of now). My priority is Pit. If anyone has an extra LA2 pair and wants to buddy up… that’s 4 shots at Pit. smileys with beer

I don't have LA2 but I can trade you an LA1 spare or one of the other shows

Looking for a pair of LD’s for LA2
Let me know,
Dave
ralleyguy@hotmail.com

Posted by: stonesurvive ()
Date: April 18, 2024 07:44

...........Does anyone suspect that there will be another Lucky Dip drop?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 18, 2024 08:17

stonesurvive

Prices seem to be dropping, so I'd say that is a possibility, though not necessarily a strong one.

Date: April 18, 2024 10:58

stonesurvive

I don't think they have ever dropped Lucky Dips in the US. Off the top of my head I only recall some of the UK shows in 2018 and the Paris show in 2017 releasing more LD's after day one of the onsale.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-18 11:00 by Topi.

Date: April 18, 2024 11:28

Topi
stonesurvive

I don't think they have ever dropped Lucky Dips in the US. Off the top of my head I only recall some of the UK shows in 2018 and the Paris show in 2017 releasing more LD's after day one of the onsale.

I would say the same! And the Paris ones were even Pit tickets for the Lucky Dip price :-)

Date: April 18, 2024 11:43

hockenheim95
Topi
stonesurvive

I would say the same! And the Paris ones were even Pit tickets for the Lucky Dip price :-)

LOL, isn't that the most epic glitch ever. And they owned it.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: April 18, 2024 20:21

Topi
stonesurvive

I don’t think it was an official drop but it was either the 2019 or 2021 U.S. tour I got LDs late in the game, but I was clicking daily on the direct links and a pair appeared.. Based on that I still am clicking Vegas LD link daily smiling smiley

Date: April 18, 2024 21:00

The 2019 and 2020-2021 US LD "drops" only happened because of the tour postponements and subsequent refunds.

It wasn't about more LDs being put on sale. It was just TM putting the refunded LDs back in the system.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-18 21:06 by Topi.

Date: April 19, 2024 13:02

Maybe they will this time. Ticket sales seems... well... slow.

Date: April 19, 2024 13:32

I don't see what the incentive of releasing more LDs would be. In the end, the gate is more about the average price of a ticket, not how many of them are sold.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 19, 2024 14:13

Topi
I don't see what the incentive of releasing more LDs would be. In the end, the gate is more about the average price of a ticket, not how many of them are sold.

the only reason to release more LD tickets is the fear that there will be too many empty seat in front blocks. And nothing indicates that this might happen.

Date: April 19, 2024 14:26

Yeah...if needed, they will just flex those Platinum priced front floor seats back down to face value, by which time the people will come running.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-19 14:27 by Topi.

Date: April 19, 2024 18:28

slewan
Topi

the only reason to release more LD tickets is the fear that there will be too many empty seat in front blocks. And nothing indicates that this might happen.

The Houston show has soft sales - and yes (shockingly) lots of prime lower tickets! Go look on Axs.com (its not a ticketmaster event). and de-select the ticket types (from 4 to to just Standard)
Then browse the various sections - i was quite surprised!

Date: April 19, 2024 19:09

What might have happened in Houston is they have flexed the previously dynamically priced AXS Premium tickets down to face value, and they now appear as Standards.

Date: April 19, 2024 21:32

Dynamic Pricing is all Supply & Demand!! They want to make more money selling prime AXS premium tickets & packages first… then lower the price to Standard closer to the show IF tickets dont sell. Floor tickets are still $499 plus fees.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122Next
Current Page: 20 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1854
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home