Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122Next
Current Page: 18 of 22
Re: Lucky Dip Tickets 2024
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: December 3, 2023 13:07

Slim to none.

Date: December 3, 2023 13:08

The Houston and CHI LD links no longer work either. All the others do.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: December 3, 2023 14:59

aficionaudio

I’m angry and disappointed that these didn’t go live at the same time, because now I probably won’t be able to see the band at all this year now. $900 for lower bowl seats is beyond rediculous.

Keep looking - it's likely that some more GA ($150) will become available at some point. You just need to look every day.

syrel

Date: December 3, 2023 15:37

aficionaudio
What are the chances that more LD tickets become available in the future?

I wanted two LD tickets for the 2nd show in Chicago, but when the public tickets went on sale, LD was only on a few dates. I kept refreshing throughout the day and assumed that would be it. I wasn’t expecting LD to be added to most of the dates later on.

I’m angry and disappointed that these didn’t go live at the same time, because now I probably won’t be able to see the band at all this year now. $900 for lower bowl seats is beyond rediculous.

[x.com]

The Stones advertised the Lucky Dips on X, saying that tickets would go on sale 10 am local.

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: December 3, 2023 20:19

Got my first ever lucky díps for Chicago 1.
Never been to Chicago either!

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: December 3, 2023 20:47

rebelhipi
Got my first ever lucky díps for Chicago 1.
Never been to Chicago either!

Would you be interested in trading one for Chicago 2? I got those but couldn't score show 1.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: December 4, 2023 01:48

Is there a way to get a NOTIFICATION on your phone when Lucky Dips become available for a particular show?

Date: December 4, 2023 06:38

No. It's trial and error.

You need to be on those links and you need to get lucky.

In 2022 the Milan LD's dropped on March 22, a few days after the initial on sale.

In 2021 the Hollywood, Florida Lucky Dips were made available very late in the game, completely under the radar. Granted that show itself was a late addition to the tour.

Date: December 4, 2023 11:11

Looks like I still had saved the Chicago #2 LD link
¨
[tix.axs.com]

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: December 4, 2023 15:31

schillid
Is there a way to get a NOTIFICATION on your phone when Lucky Dips become available for a particular show?

Topi

In 2022 the Milan LD's dropped on March 22, a few days after the initial on sale.

In 2021 the Hollywood, Florida Lucky Dips were made available very late in the game, completely under the radar. Granted that show itself was a late addition to the tour.

Thanks, Topi

Date: December 4, 2023 15:53

No worries, get lucky!

Posted by: 1badgator ()
Date: December 4, 2023 16:16

deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-04 16:17 by 1badgator.

Posted by: 1badgator ()
Date: December 4, 2023 16:19

schillid

I used Visual Ping free to detect changes to Lucky Dip on the RS tour page around 2015. I'm sure there's more and better now. Start searching.

Date: December 4, 2023 16:46

Thing is, the RS Tour page might not put the Lucky Dip buttons up again even if dips drop.

I'd monitor the actual links. Most of them have been posted in this thread. I think we're missing Houston and Chicago #1.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-04 16:47 by Topi.

Posted by: wendysorensen ()
Date: December 4, 2023 17:29

Topi
Looks like I still had saved the Chicago #2 LD link
¨
[tix.axs.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-04 17:55 by wendysorensen.

Posted by: wendysorensen ()
Date: December 4, 2023 18:15

Hi,

We have a Lucky Dip spare +1 for Cleveland. We are looking to trade for a Lucky Dip +1 for Vegas. I'll keep my eye on the link in the mean time.

email wendycsorensen@hotmail.com.

Thanks,

Posted by: angee ()
Date: December 4, 2023 18:24

Topi

Topi, how late, do you recall? I didn't know they ever came up for Hollywood FL.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: December 4, 2023 18:31

How do the LD locations get chosen? For example, are the LDs already set aside for those of us who bought them, or do they wait to see what has sold and what has not?

Weird thing happened in Nashville 2021. My LDs were the exact seats someone else had. I checked their phone tickets (vs my paper LDs) and, sure enough, we were assigned the exact same seats. How does this happen?

Date: December 4, 2023 18:42

angee
Topi

Topi, how late, do you recall? I didn't know they ever came up for Hollywood FL.

Would need to do a search, but they did

Date: December 4, 2023 18:42

NashvilleBlues
How do the LD locations get chosen? For example, are the LDs already set aside for those of us who bought them, or do they wait to see what has sold and what has not?

Weird thing happened in Nashville 2021. My LDs were the exact seats someone else had. I checked their phone tickets (vs my paper LDs) and, sure enough, we were assigned the exact same seats. How does this happen?

That's odd. Chalk that one up to a TM glitch.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 4, 2023 18:56

NashvilleBlues

I think that perhaps used to be the case.. but these days I believe they set aside sections specifically for the LDs primarily, with perhaps some randoms also thrown in perhaps based on sales.

Last US tour, the LDs were primarily lower bowl stage left and right (middle bowl at some venues) or Pit tickets. Like I said, also some randoms, but those were the primary options, where most fans around you in the seats were also lucky dippers.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 4, 2023 20:11

Not that anyone has this info, but I have a question.

So if you get LD's for a sold out show, where do they put the LDers?

I'm thinking Vancouver as it's almost sold out, except for those Platinum tickets. I presume they would go to the LDer's then?

Some Toronto Girl, I believe it was her, counted 600 seats currently available, all Platinum (or other VIP package-type deals) - so I guess the LDers take these seats if they're not sold?

If they were to sell out - where is there left to go, all in the Pit? There has to be some sort of limit for number of PIT tickets you can have.

I think they sometimes hold some back and release additional seats closer to the date, so I guess there's also that possibility...keeping those for the LDer's.

Date: December 4, 2023 20:18

treaclefingers

I'm thinking Vancouver as it's almost sold out, except for those Platinum tickets. I presume they would go to the LDer's then?

Some Toronto Girl, I believe it was her, counted 600 seats currently available, all Platinum (or other VIP package-type deals) - so I guess the LDers take these seats if they're not sold?

If they were to sell out - where is there left to go, all in the Pit? There has to be some sort of limit for number of PIT tickets you can have.

I think they sometimes hold some back and release additional seats closer to the date, so I guess there's also that possibility...keeping those for the LDer's.

Lucky Dip seat/sections are mostly(all?) pre-determined these days.
Lower/middle bowl stage left/right, pit and randoms.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: December 4, 2023 20:27

Ticketmaster NEVER shows you all of the actual available seats.
At any given time, from on-sale date right up to show date, they only show you what they WANT to show you.

In other words, at this point it is fruitless to count available dots on the TM page...

Posted by: downagain ()
Date: December 4, 2023 20:40

How I long for the days before dynamic pricing, etc.
Here in Halifax, NS we had been pretty much free of Ticketmaster until a recent ownership change of our largest venue and Ticketmaster were brought in and it's been touted that this is to improve the fan experience, etc. etc.
All I can see is higher ticket costs due to their fees. The only possible benefit will be if we get acts coming here because of their association with Ticketmaster but, being stuck out in the North Atlantic, I am not optimistic.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 4, 2023 20:59

MisterDDDD
treaclefingers

Interesting!

I think the original purpose was to ensure that good seats didn't go empty during the show so they'd dump the LDer's into whatever was left, so that's why you got some great seats.

In this scenario, my LD ticket has already been allotted, so they don't sell specific tickets? That actually is quite a "gift" if you will...of course unless you get a dreaded "behind the stage" seat.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: December 4, 2023 21:00

MisterDDDD

What makes you think that MrD?
Syrel

Date: December 4, 2023 21:26

syrel
MisterDDDD

What makes you think that MrD?
Syrel

Mostly personal experience, but also many postings in LD threads etc. as well as meeting many in the LD sections. It got pretty predictable at least fro me, that I'd likely end up in one of those. Definitely were still nosebleeds and randoms, but the majority would be one of the two at a lot of venues.

Was an article a few tours back interviewing the promoter(?) about the process. He talked about the evolution of the "$85 Mystery Tickets" as they were first sold as here. I'll try to dig it up, it was enlightening.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-04 21:26 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: December 4, 2023 21:59

Topi
angee
Topi

Topi, I'm not doubting you, just wondering on what date, if you get a chancee to do a search. Thanks.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: December 4, 2023 22:14

angee
Topi
angee
Topi

Topi, I'm not doubting you, just wondering on what date, if you get a chancee to do a search. Thanks.

See here: [iorr.org]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122Next
Current Page: 18 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1606
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home